Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 807

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

  1. #521
    Moderator Aegon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    NPL Yth club championship
    Attachment 1783

    Definitely 4 maybe 5 can drop.
    It will be interesting to see where Maitland sit after the catch up games. It was only a few years ago that they were almost last across the board.
    Weston have plummeted though. Surprising that such a big catchment area can only seem to support one competitive team at a time.

    Olympic definitely down on expectations, Edgy dipped after the last 2 years being close to the top.

    Kudos to the regional teams though.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

    "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

  2. #522
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Jeez, that table doesnít look good for Azzurri.

    I said it earlier on this thread but how good are Mid Coast going? North Coast too. The honchos at Olympic and Jaffas will be miffed looking at the progress of those two in recent years.
    I think there is going to be plenty of both positives and negatives if you finish 8th and stay up vs 9th and go down.Hopefully regardless of the results clubs embrace the new structure and find all the positives that come with it.NIAS 13s are doing well in NL1 this season too,id expect them long term to be just as good a challenge as Mid and Nth Coast have been so far.Its fantastic for the level of football if really good teams are fighting to get in to the top division.

  3. #523
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I think there is going to be plenty of both positives and negatives if you finish 8th and stay up vs 9th and go down.Hopefully regardless of the results clubs embrace the new structure and find all the positives that come with it.NIAS 13s are doing well in NL1 this season too,id expect them long term to be just as good a challenge as Mid and Nth Coast have been so far.Its fantastic for the level of football if really good teams are fighting to get in to the top division.
    challenges are for all clubs. 8th has to battle to improve. 9th fighting for promotion. Some will be ok staying in tier2 being near top..

    NIAS must have 4 youth grades which they currently dont

  4. #524
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I think there is going to be plenty of both positives and negatives if you finish 8th and stay up vs 9th and go down.Hopefully regardless of the results clubs embrace the new structure and find all the positives that come with it.NIAS 13s are doing well in NL1 this season too,id expect them long term to be just as good a challenge as Mid and Nth Coast have been so far.Its fantastic for the level of football if really good teams are fighting to get in to the top division.
    Serious question and no offence meant to Blues out there: but what can Azzurri do to turn things around? 1st grade are going good, but ressies/18s/youth are struggling across the board and have been for a long time. The club is in a good location, good ground, and there is $$ around the club, so what is holding them back?

  5. #525
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Serious question and no offence meant to Blues out there: but what can Azzurri do to turn things around? 1st grade are going good, but ressies/18s/youth are struggling across the board and have been for a long time. The club is in a good location, good ground, and there is $$ around the club, so what is holding them back?
    I actually think Charlestown has done a good job of turning things around already.Their 14s and 13s are good and improving and they have a good crop of JDL kids coming through.Their TDs are doing just as good a job of who they dont want at the club as they are in recruiting new blood.I think Valo and Charlestown are the next 2 clubs to climb up the youth standings over the next few years.Adamstown and Lakes have initiated a similar rebuild but are a few years behind.Cooks Hill look to be starting a big reset from next year which will take time but if done right will set them on a similar path.Whether Charlestown or Valo are playing 1/2 year in Div 1 and half year in Div 2 wont matter much,They have good plans in place and i think they will be fine.

  6. #526
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I actually think Charlestown has done a good job of turning things around already.Their 14s and 13s are good and improving and they have a good crop of JDL kids coming through.Their TDs are doing just as good a job of who they dont want at the club as they are in recruiting new blood.I think Valo and Charlestown are the next 2 clubs to climb up the youth standings over the next few years.Adamstown and Lakes have initiated a similar rebuild but are a few years behind.Cooks Hill look to be starting a big reset from next year which will take time but if done right will set them on a similar path.Whether Charlestown or Valo are playing 1/2 year in Div 1 and half year in Div 2 wont matter much,They have good plans in place and i think they will be fine.
    Having only seen the 13's and 14's once this season and they weren't great, I'll reserve judgement and take your more knowledgeable word that they are improving. It's good to hear you say things are on the up. I agree that Valo are on the up - I was impressed when I saw their 13's and 14's.

    I don't know much of JDL but will their good crop stick around or seek out pastures new if the decoupling happens and parents don't like what they see? TBC I guess. Let's hope they stay the course.

  7. #527
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I actually think Charlestown has done a good job of turning things around already.Their 14s and 13s are good and improving and they have a good crop of JDL kids coming through.Their TDs are doing just as good a job of who they dont want at the club as they are in recruiting new blood.I think Valo and Charlestown are the next 2 clubs to climb up the youth standings over the next few years.Adamstown and Lakes have initiated a similar rebuild but are a few years behind.Cooks Hill look to be starting a big reset from next year which will take time but if done right will set them on a similar path.Whether Charlestown or Valo are playing 1/2 year in Div 1 and half year in Div 2 wont matter much,They have good plans in place and i think they will be fine.
    I think they need to drop.
    They do have good development policies as you mentioned but until they can show their quality its down for them.
    Its the same for every club, no favourites or patronising, they'll bounce up when and if they get their act together not attempt to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you canít tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

  8. #528
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    Having only seen the 13's and 14's once this season and they weren't great, I'll reserve judgement and take your more knowledgeable word that they are improving. It's good to hear you say things are on the up. I agree that Valo are on the up - I was impressed when I saw their 13's and 14's.

    I don't know much of JDL but will their good crop stick around or seek out pastures new if the decoupling happens and parents don't like what they see? TBC I guess. Let's hope they stay the course.
    Id be shocked if a few of the Charlestown kids in 12s dont make a good case for Jets selection in 13s.With Valo and Charlestown,its more about how they try and play and how they are coached rather than results so far.Make no mistake they are not at the level of the best teams but with the way they play by the time they hit 16s and push for senior football they will have some really good kids coming through.If parents walk away from those types of clubs because they have to play 1/2 a season against the lower tier id guarantee those kids wont ever make it to seniors anyway no matter where they go.

  9. #529
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I think they need to drop.
    They do have good development policies as you mentioned but until they can show their quality its down for them.
    Its the same for every club, no favourites or patronising, they'll bounce up when and if they get their act together not attempt to.
    I dont disagree,im just hoping clubs/players and parents embrace the change.Its clear who the best teams are and they deserve it.I just like what some of the lower clubs are doing long term.If they keep it up they will be end up permanently in the top division in no time.

  10. #530
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    343
    Now that we are into the second half of the youth comp I thought I might reflect on current standings and predict the winners. The U13s comp is seeing quite the battle for top spot with Jaffas, Mid Coast and Magic all battling it out. In U14s all teams have discovered that Magic are only human and now they have finally had a loss it will be interesting to see how they bounce back. North Coast and Mid Coast also vying for top spot. In the U15s comp there is only 4 points on the ladder separating 2nd and 8th spots. Apart from Olympic way out in front the race for the other 3 finals spots is wide open. U16s is also another interesting battle for top spot with 5 teams in contention, Maitland looking the best with games in hand. So who do I believe will win the minor premiership in each age group?

    13s - Magic
    14s - Magic
    15s - Olympic
    16s - Maitland

    What does everyone else think?

  11. #531
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Now that we are into the second half of the youth comp I thought I might reflect on current standings and predict the winners. The U13s comp is seeing quite the battle for top spot with Jaffas, Mid Coast and Magic all battling it out. In U14s all teams have discovered that Magic are only human and now they have finally had a loss it will be interesting to see how they bounce back. North Coast and Mid Coast also vying for top spot. In the U15s comp there is only 4 points on the ladder separating 2nd and 8th spots. Apart from Olympic way out in front the race for the other 3 finals spots is wide open. U16s is also another interesting battle for top spot with 5 teams in contention, Maitland looking the best with games in hand. So who do I believe will win the minor premiership in each age group?

    13s - Magic
    14s - Magic
    15s - Olympic
    16s - Maitland

    What does everyone else think?
    I think it is a development league and who comes first should be irrelevant to all but the kids. What matters is player improvement.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

  12. #532
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I think it is a development league and who comes first should be irrelevant to all but the kids. What matters is player improvement.
    You are obviously involved with one of the lower placed teams. If winning isnít important why do they keep a ladder buddy?

  13. #533
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    114
    Weston took 7pts to 4 off Edgy today. Weston winning 14s 16s Edgy 15s. geez

  14. #534
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    413
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    You are obviously involved with one of the lower placed teams. If winning isnít important why do they keep a ladder buddy?
    I dont think it needs to be either/or.We should be able to congratulate the winners and also celebrate the teams that are improving and playing good football.Its the reason why theres positive feedback on here for the likes of Valo and Charlestown as well as Magic and Mid Coast.Spread the love Captain Carl theres plenty to go around.

  15. #535
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I dont think it needs to be either/or.We should be able to congratulate the winners and also celebrate the teams that are improving and playing good football.Its the reason why theres positive feedback on here for the likes of Valo and Charlestown as well as Magic and Mid Coast.Spread the love Captain Carl theres plenty to go around.
    Thats just Carl. Chest beater amongst other things. ignore.

  16. #536
    Senior Member Hunter403's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    You are obviously involved with one of the lower placed teams. If winning isnít important why do they keep a ladder buddy?
    Nah, the last NPL Youth team I coached won the premiership. Great for the boys and their families but what was better and far more important was how they had improved. Unless you are a player or a parent, that should be what matters as we should be trying to improve the standard of football, not worrying about who wins a pissant local kids comp.
    I don't coach NPL youth these days.

  17. #537
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Nah, the last NPL Youth team I coached won the premiership. Great for the boys and their families but what was better and far more important was how they had improved. Unless you are a player or a parent, that should be what matters as we should be trying to improve the standard of football, not worrying about who wins a pissant local kids comp.
    I don't coach NPL youth these days.
    I agree. Now we can sit back and see which games get washed out with the new second draw system in place

  18. #538
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Nah, the last NPL Youth team I coached won the premiership. Great for the boys and their families but what was better and far more important was how they had improved. Unless you are a player or a parent, that should be what matters as we should be trying to improve the standard of football, not worrying about who wins a pissant local kids comp.
    I don't coach NPL youth these days.
    maybe its best you aren't in this forum either if you are calling our youth pissants. find somewhere else to spread your gross opinion of kids.

  19. #539
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by finzee View Post
    Weston took 7pts to 4 off Edgy today. Weston winning 14s 16s Edgy 15s. geez
    I'm not sure Weston at least in the 16s are playing good football. I'd give them the premiership for playing rugby on a football field though. Can't speak for all their games but the one I watched was terrible football, the players would be a liability to the club in a senior team with more experienced referees. I hope it can be coached out of them though because if that's the standard moving into 18s I see them playing with 10 or less for quite a few games.

  20. #540
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I'm not sure Weston at least in the 16s are playing good football. I'd give them the premiership for playing rugby on a football field though. Can't speak for all their games but the one I watched was terrible football, the players would be a liability to the club in a senior team with more experienced referees. I hope it can be coached out of them though because if that's the standard moving into 18s I see them playing with 10 or less for quite a few games.
    I didnt see the games but there had to of been some thuggery to reverse that form. Little bit clever actually.
    Last edited by finzee; 19-06-2022 at 08:21 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •