Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Anyone know how the Charlestown v Edgeworth games went today?
    I do.

3-zip Edgy. Could have been x2 that

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    I do.

3-zip Edgy. Could have been x2 that
    Why wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Why wasn't it?
    If you don’t know how soccer works I’m not sure this forum is for you buddy.

Maybe head back over to your QAnon forums and see where we are with COVID?

Damn you'd think the coach would know why his own team was unable to score.

Many reasons a coach can give and since I wasn't there you could've bullshitted and said that Charlestown changed their formation and players around to prevent any more goals.

If you can't see why your player's couldn't score more best you step back and let someone who knows how to analyse a match take your job.
    Hang on a minute are you inferring The Berlin Wall is the Edgeworth u/13's coach?Because im positive its not and the moderators dont take too kindly to outing people on here.Sorry but just wanted to clear things up before anything gets out of hand.

Damn you'd think the coach would know why his own team was unable to score.

Many reasons a coach can give and since I wasn't there you could've bullshitted and said that Charlestown changed their formation and players around to prevent any more goals.

If you can't see why your player's couldn't score more best you step back and let someone who knows how to analyse a match take your job.
    Jeez Cheese. I told you before I ain’t the coach but i did watch the game. Edgy were real good and Azzurri not so much. Is that enough detail for you to scuttle back to your notepad with?

What do you for work dude? You comment on every damn post so I’m thinking that club coaching money plus Northern coaching money is so good you don’t need to work. Maybe I should start coaching?

He knows an awful lot about the teams he coaches and programs he is in. I certainly wasn't the one to out him
    Parent or clubman.

tbh the edgy 13s are going better than thought after a couple of better players jumped ship last year. Although they havent played the top teams yet.

I thought Charlie had better youth. Maybe an off weekend.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Hang on a minute are you inferring The Berlin Wall is the Edgeworth u/13's coach?Because im positive its not and the moderators dont take too kindly to outing people on here.Sorry but just wanted to clear things up before anything gets out of hand.
    Mods only ban MFKS and anyone not Woke. Well we are in commie town so makes sense.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Yeah they have never taken losing well
    I beg to differ.

Tragic are the biggest grubs when it comes to losing. Cant even win nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    I beg to differ.

Tragic are the biggest grubs when it comes to losing. Cant even win nicely.
    You can beg all you want but the red cards tell a different story

Both likely as bad as one another in the boys comp. and worse again when they play each other.....

From experience many teams can be as bad when they are winning as much as when they are losing, it's all about what the club and coach allows.
    The derby is the biggest and best game of the year in any league and there’s no bigger derby in newcastle than magic v olympic. Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    The derby is the biggest and best game of the year in any league and there’s no bigger derby in newcastle than magic v olympic. Long may it continue
    Is there even any agro in the youth these days anyway?I mean it in a good way,the games we watched between these 2 clubs have always been quality but never anything too out of control.The parents get into it more though.I would also nominate Magic/Edgeworth as a rivalry that seems to be across all grades.Not sure if its a new thing but being familiar with both clubs its a game they look forward too each year.

Is there even any agro in the youth these days anyway?I mean it in a good way,the games we watched between these 2 clubs have always been quality but never anything too out of control.The parents get into it more though.I would also nominate Magic/Edgeworth as a rivalry that seems to be across all grades.Not sure if its a new thing but being familiar with both clubs its a game they look forward too each year.
    Magic 13s defeat Olympic 5-1 in tonight's catch up fixture... Another red card in second half for Olympic makes it 3/3 for them in the derby round... Can they go 4/4 tomorrow night in the 14s fixture.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Magic 13s defeat Olympic 5-1 in tonight's catch up fixture... Another red card in second half for Olympic makes it 3/3 for them in the derby round... Can they go 4/4 tomorrow night in the 14s fixture.
    For kicking the ball away. wow havent seen a yellow for that for ages. Was actually a decent game. No goals scored after the send off

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    For kicking the ball away. wow havent seen a yellow for that for ages. Was actually a decent game. No goals scored after the send off
    Wow, you don't watch much First Grade then, happens in about 2 out of every 3 games.

nothing wrong with a derby for adults with fully formed brains who can understand how decisions can have long term ramifications.

teenagers don't which is why they have responsible adults in charge for their welfare - and supposedly guiding them to become potential first grade players. If you let them engrain bad habits into their behaviour what they think they can get away with now will only cause them hassles when they are adults, both for their football and life in general.

I have great respect for a coach that can ingrain discipline both in training and on the field to play the game and not get drawn into rubbish like trying to start fights and carrying on like turkeys, instead of getting on with the job at hand which is playing as team whether you are winning or losing. I think that discipline is a lot harder to coach and anyone that can round up a bunch of teenagers and get them working like that is someone everyone should follow.
    Cool story bro

I saw the first half of that game as well with my kids in the rage cage. What has happened at Olympic 13s as they were disorganised and the positioning was non existant its like they were in school team and teacher generally does Maths. Do they have the same coaches as that disorganised play is not their usual standard from last seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I saw the first half of that game as well with my kids in the rage cage. What has happened at Olympic 13s as they were disorganised and the positioning was non existant its like they were in school team and teacher generally does Maths. Do they have the same coaches as that disorganised play is not their usual standard from last seasons.
    Ive seen them several times this year and they've been very good.Maybe just an off night?Magic 13s would have had a lot to do with that too,they are a very good team.

Ive seen them several times this year and they've been very good.Maybe just an off night?Magic 13s would have had a lot to do with that too,they are a very good team.
    From what I was told by one of the parents was that Olympic play several very fast wingers and strikers and in recent weeks have found it very easy against opponents to knock it through or pass long and get loads of goals.
    Last night they faced a Magic team with 2 very good centre backs (both rejected Jets spots) and a right back who would have been MOM so it didn't work for the most part and the team failed to adapt.

Olympic will probably score the most goals this year but are going to find it tough against well drilled defences like Magic or Jaffas.

Top 4 this year in 13's for mine:
    Magic - Jaffas - Olympic - MNC
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Wow, you don't watch much First Grade then, happens in about 2 out of every 3 games.
    Kool story bro but we are talking youth in the youth thread. Being a manic tragic supp I wouldnt expect too much common sense.
    Last edited by terry; 05-05-2022 at 09:55 AM.

Banned
    I have great respect for a coach that can ingrain discipline both in training and on the field to play the game and not get drawn into rubbish like trying to start fights and carrying on like turkeys, instead of getting on with the job at hand which is playing as team whether you are winning or losing. I think that discipline is a lot harder to coach and anyone that can round up a bunch of teenagers and get them working like that is someone everyone should follow.
    well said.

I think the Youth are doing pretty good job at doing this remembering they still are physically competing and they are teens.