Page 17 of 43 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Likely turning 15 this year at some point.

Valo also skirted that rule and played a 13 year old goalkeeper in the 18s last year in a game that didn't matter probably because his father pushed for it so he could jump over all the other kids to play in the shambles jets team this year. I hate when rules are inconsistently applied though, because it shouldn't have been allowed, there wasn't any remarkable skill going on there and I know the older boys change the way they play when up against a kid they know they will seriously injure if they compete against at full pace. it's not an accurate reflection in skill. 15+ when they are a bit bigger I don't have an issue with. There was literally no way in that scenario he was "good enough" as he isn't playing 18's at the jets now is he, he's playing in his own age group.
    Now Kitzy baby dropping bombs!! But I ain’t sure if they truth bombs or bitter bombs. We know your boy plays in goals. We now know a 13 year old got picked in front of him. Ouch.

The “shambles Jets team” he went to been doing alright on the ladder to my eyes. Maybe the goalie been doing good. Maybe just maybe hes worth his spot.

Maybe just maybe your boy ain’t got the call yet.

Real talk question. If your boy gets a offer for the Jets next year, is he going? I’m saying yeah.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    Now Kitzy baby dropping bombs!! But I ain’t sure if they truth bombs or bitter bombs. We know your boy plays in goals. We now know a 13 year old got picked in front of him. Ouch.

The “shambles Jets team” he went to been doing alright on the ladder to my eyes. Maybe the goalie been doing good. Maybe just maybe hes worth his spot.

Maybe just maybe your boy ain’t got the call yet.

Real talk question. If your boy gets a offer for the Jets next year, is he going? I’m saying yeah.
    Jets Youth are fine. NSWNPL2 is still much better than the local NPL as it should be. The trash talk you get on here is disparaging and does not reflect realty.

Yes the club does need a better coaching model and a playing system that runs vertically through the squads.

The 13's keeper for the Jets was one of the easiest 4 or 5 spots to fill in that squad.All of the kids that are there deserve their chance.Over the course of the program kids will change and the ones that replace them will deserve their chance too.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    The 13's keeper for the Jets was one of the easiest 4 or 5 spots to fill in that squad.All of the kids that are there deserve their chance.Over the course of the program kids will change and the ones that replace them will deserve their chance too.
    💯 the keeper did really well last year and deserves his spot. Haven’t seen anyone really in the 13s locally that puts pressure on him. Azzuri have a decent keeper, will get plenty of practice this year and after watching Olympic this year I’m sure they wished he’d stayed there. Jaffas best keeper plays on the field. Magic and Maitland are lucky they have strong field teams. Massive contrast to the 14s who have some great young keepers Magic and Edgy especially, the jets keeper must be impressive to keep these kids out.

It’s an area that is easily forgotten about in the world of JDL.

The constant bagging of the jets program and the kids there is so laughable, let’s face it if most parents on here got an offer for their kid they’d seriously consider it and most would take it up.

[QUOTE=Take it easy;258167

The constant bagging of the jets program and the kids there is so laughable, let’s face it if most parents on here got an offer for their kid they’d seriously consider it and most would take it up.[/QUOTE]

The kids are not the issue
    The program is frustrating and disappointing and needs a massive overhaul

I watched the TSP boys push them, with a couple of kids that have left the program and likely should still be there. There are some very good footballers in the older TSP groups.
    I think maybe you needed to go watch the TSP tournament.
    Why is this a surprise? You are talking about the best footballers in their age group not playing for the jets, playing against the Jets. TSP should push the Jets and it should be a very close contest. I'd be more worried if the gap was so big that it wasn't close at all.

On the ladder where they aren't playing other Aleague teams
    Why does this even matter? Right now they are playing FNSW Youth League 2 which is many more competitive games than they would receive in NPL in Newcastle.
    U13 & U16 are top of their tables.
    U15 & U18 are second.
    U14's are in 6th.

They are currently 3 pts clear on the club championship table with 4 games in hand. Hills United and St George may give them a challenge but barring some capitulation or another COVID lock down the Jets Youth should be in Youth League 1 in 2023
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Why do you think those particular teams are better than up here. Some of the NNSW NPL teams play those teams in trials. Some of them aren’t competitive match ups. They aren’t the best in Sydney because they are playing in youth league one. Some of them are on par or below us. With maybe a a couple hard done by being pushed down when the restructure happened. A heap of the league has come from the bottom division in youth league that were pushed up when it changed.

Worried about bagging the jets, but kids have left to play back up here instead of playing those teams in Sydney. There’s a reason there. I’ve also seen some very good football up here, even though people here consistently bag our own league.
    Nope:

https://footballnsw.com.au/2021/05/2...football-2022/

In 2022, Football NSW will place the three tiers of 16 Youth clubs on the following basis:

Tier One

the 12 clubs competing in the current NPL NSW Youth – 1.1 Competition; and
    The top 4 clubs from the current NPL NSW Youth – 1.2 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season.

Tier Two

Clubs that finish in 5th to 12th place in the current NPL NSW Youth – 1.2 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season; and
    Clubs that finish in 1st to 8th place in the NPL NSW Youth – 2.1 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season.

Tier Three

Clubs that finish in 9th to 12th place in the NPL NSW Youth – 2.1 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season; and
    All 12 clubs in the current NPL NSW Youth – 2.2 Competition

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Nope:

https://footballnsw.com.au/2021/05/2...football-2022/

In 2022, Football NSW will place the three tiers of 16 Youth clubs on the following basis:

Tier One

the 12 clubs competing in the current NPL NSW Youth – 1.1 Competition; and
    The top 4 clubs from the current NPL NSW Youth – 1.2 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season.

Tier Two

Clubs that finish in 5th to 12th place in the current NPL NSW Youth – 1.2 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season; and
    Clubs that finish in 1st to 8th place in the NPL NSW Youth – 2.1 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season.

Tier Three

Clubs that finish in 9th to 12th place in the NPL NSW Youth – 2.1 Competition based on Youth Club Championship standings at the end of the 2021 season; and
    All 12 clubs in the current NPL NSW Youth – 2.2 Competition
    So basically Jets teams playing Sydney teams rated 17th to 32nd in same age group. Alternatively would have played top dozen teams in age above if stayed here, and would have avoided all the travel issues.

Banned
    Why do you think those particular teams are better than up here. Some of the NNSW NPL teams play those teams in trials. Some of them aren’t competitive match ups. They aren’t the best in Sydney because they are playing in youth league one. Some of them are on par or below us. With maybe a a couple hard done by being pushed down when the restructure happened. A heap of the league has come from the bottom division in youth league that were pushed up when it changed.

Worried about bagging the jets, but kids have left to play back up here instead of playing those teams in Sydney. There’s a reason there. I’ve also seen some very good football up here, even though people here consistently bag our own league.
    Ive watched both comps over the last 3 years. Your Jets bagging and local comp praising is getting boring and is out of wack.
    Yes our local comp has some top players who choose to be there but the gulf between the top 5 and the lower half is daylight and thats a problem.
    In the NSW2 comp the bottom 3 can still pose a challenge and apart from a good coach that's the important part.

The reasons some kids left the jets wasnt because of the competition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by early_to_the_match View Post
    So basically Jets teams playing Sydney teams rated 17th to 32nd in same age group. Alternatively would have played top dozen teams in age above if stayed here, and would have avoided all the travel issues.
    If we are speaking about seniors you have a point.

If we had a team looking for real professional footy then they should wait and climb the NSWnpl. If we have players who will ultimately stay here then play local NPL.

After looking at npl youth over the last few weeks. We do need an 8 team comp at the top. Far too many passengers in this league especially 13s 14s

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    After looking at npl youth over the last few weeks. We do need an 8 team comp at the top. Far too many passengers in this league especially 13s 14s
    Maybe 10 of you want to keep the mid coast and north coast teams. The bottom 3 are pretty much the same in every grade and would be better off in the second division

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Maybe 10 of you want to keep the mid coast and north coast teams. The bottom 3 are pretty much the same in every grade and would be better off in the second division
    There is always a team going to come last and in any league in any age there is a spread from top team to last team. No comp is close between every team. That’s called a fantasy. In the premier league there is 68 points between first and last. Adamstown apparently have a good 12’s team according to this forum so that helps start the cycle. Weston, Cooks Hill, Lakes, Adamstown aren’t setting the world on fire. But I imagine not through a lack of trying. Lambtons 16’s are average, Mid North Coast are in the bottom half of every ladder. You can’t click your fingers and go from last to first. If it was that easy everyone would do it. It takes time a patient. Something clearly short in some people’s opinion

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    There is always a team going to come last and in any league in any age there is a spread from top team to last team. No comp is close between every team. That’s called a fantasy. In the premier league there is 68 points between first and last.
    In the premier league the last 3 teams drop to the second division

[QUOTE=BS detecor;258411]In the premier league the last 3 teams drop to the second division[/QUOTE

I know then they usually go straight back down. When’s the last time a team got promoted then made the top 4 the next year. Never. Why cause they need time to build it’s not a click of the finger. But once you get there it’s also hard to fall out of the top half. It is a vicious cycle to break

[QUOTE=The Hacker;258414]
    In the premier league the last 3 teams drop to the second division[/QUOTE

I know then they usually go straight back down. When’s the last time a team got promoted then made the top 4 the next year. Never. Why cause they need time to build it’s not a click of the finger. But once you get there it’s also hard to fall out of the top half. It is a vicious cycle to break
    True. Kids will always get better if they play better opposition but I guess the downside is how long can a kid get towelled every week year after year before they have had enough. There are pretty much 4 teams who are only going to take points off each other and if you’re not even getting points there then the game can get hard to love.

True. Kids will always get better if they play better opposition but I guess the downside is how long can a kid get towelled every week year after year before they have had enough. There are pretty much 4 teams who are only going to take points off each other and if you’re not even getting points there then the game can get hard to love.
    Clubs can turn it around. Look at the job Maitland have done with their Youth over the last few seasons. Pro/Rel should still be part of the solution as it would incentive some clubs to take it more seriously.

If you draw a line around 10th now in 13s it leaves Charlestown as the bottom club and they copped 10 today vs Jaffas.I dont like that results are the only reference point in youth football but can understand why.I think there will always be cannon fodder its just a matter of how many kids want to cop it week in week out.Some clubs are clear that they are only working towards 18's and seniors.Some clubs spent the JDL years cutting kids and poaching others in the pursuit of results.Some kids who didnt make their 1st choice NPL team would rather drop down a division instead of going to a lower club just so they win.Will that make them better off in the hope of playing NPL seniors?I doubt it.Just to be clear i dont pretend to have all the answers,because every solution offers up a different set of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    There is always a team going to come last and in any league in any age there is a spread from top team to last team. No comp is close between every team. That’s called a fantasy. In the premier league there is 68 points between first and last. Adamstown apparently have a good 12’s team according to this forum so that helps start the cycle. Weston, Cooks Hill, Lakes, Adamstown aren’t setting the world on fire. But I imagine not through a lack of trying. Lambtons 16’s are average, Mid North Coast are in the bottom half of every ladder. You can’t click your fingers and go from last to first. If it was that easy everyone would do it. It takes time a patient. Something clearly short in some people’s opinion
    So heres the deal. 8 teams in 3 divisions Y1,Y2,Y3 with 1 team up/down. Here's why.

If there's 8 local teams (maybe added mid/north coast) these Y1 clubs can strengthen those week grades to ensure all grades are very competitive right through. nearly every game is a contest. Initially any team with a weak age can "attract" better players.
    Now this will weaken certain clubs a little in the beginning especially if they had one good grade but these clubs are letting down other clubs in 2/3 other age divisions with lopsided games.

One team up/down each year means that only the team going up needs to ensure all their grades are ready. Other clubs can build as they see fit to rise when they are ready if they want. Clubs like Rosebuds or Lake Mac might really suit Y2 grade as they focus wholly on the player and not results. Other clubs like Toronto might be happy in Y3 so they arent pressured to find 4 youth sides to match NL/Southy/BelS and or other strong teams that can turn kids away.

As we have seen not everyone wants to play NPL if it means getting smashed. So this theory proposes that those last are still fairly competitive and those that arent strong enough for Y1 can be successful in decent company in Y2 or Y3.

Right now we are kidding ourselves with this structure. Its getting harder each year to find a good game to watch.

It will be interesting to see if the youth decoupling proposal goes ahead because it looks like a step forward