Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Sounds to me like someone?s upset that they might not get their washout point and they are projecting their frustration on everyone else.
    Wrong again. ffs what with the crybaby talk.

Im seeing how some grubby clubs have to hysterically hunt around to find a dry ground for their 3pts. This would be your club so I get it. we all do now.

Waits for childish reply

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    ffs what with the crybaby talk.

Waits for childish reply
    Pretty sure we all just read it

New to these forums. Just a quick question, are some of these comments seriously posted by adults?

I've had to issue infractions and clean up the posts yet again.
    No warnings going forward, if you resort to personal attacks and cannot be respectful of others here I am just going to issue 1 month bans.
    If we still can't be civil after that, I'll bin the thread altogether until 2023.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    But it’s unfaaaaaair, my team might miss out on the finals so I would prefer everyone just to stay home and play their Xbox because it’s all about how much money we pay./sarcasm
    NO teams shouldn’t be doing ANYTHING to get games played to the point player safety is at risk. YES northern should be providing access to speers mid week etc for catch-up games. Kids would rather be playing then training and mid week games at speers fixes the issues of clubs carrying on, scrounging community fields etc to get games on.

It’s really not very complicated. People want a fair competition that’s providing development and value for the money they are investing.

I don’t know why that’s so difficult to comprehend and for people to get their heads around without it turning into comments like those above.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    NO teams shouldn’t be doing ANYTHING to get games played to the point player safety is at risk. YES northern should be providing access to speers mid week etc for catch-up games. Kids would rather be playing then training and mid week games at speers fixes the issues of clubs carrying on, scrounging community fields etc to get games on.

It’s really not very complicated. People want a fair competition that’s providing development and value for the money they are investing.

I don’t know why that’s so difficult to comprehend and for people to get their heads around without it turning into comments like those above.
    If a community ground is safe enough for a community team then it’s safe enough for an NPL team in my opinion

What is the latest news Re TD’s at clubs for next year ? Charlestown lost theirs mid year ( not been replaced) and I believe the Maitland TD also stood down a few weeks ago from role , so what is happening? I see NNSW have taken away the need for a B licence coach to be a TD to a C, which is a joke ( as per stupid ongoing decisions from Nnsw ) and nit saying a C licence coach can’t be a TD but the role needs experienced coaches to plan and implement strong development pathways and by downgrading the criteria it shows to me NNSW don’t really care about player & coach development

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond019 View Post
    New to these forums. Just a quick question, are some of these comments seriously posted by adults?
    Welcome back multi

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    What is the latest news Re TD’s at clubs for next year ? Charlestown lost theirs mid year ( not been replaced) and I believe the Maitland TD also stood down a few weeks ago from role , so what is happening? I see NNSW have taken away the need for a B licence coach to be a TD to a C, which is a joke ( as per stupid ongoing decisions from Nnsw ) and nit saying a C licence coach can’t be a TD but the role needs experienced coaches to plan and implement strong development pathways and by downgrading the criteria it shows to me NNSW don’t really care about player & coach development
    Who was the Maitland TD?

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Who was the Maitland TD?
    Old Magic TD Chris G.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    I think these licenses are full of you know what, sorry.

Why do you need a piece of paper to tell you how to coach.
    20+ years ago players were getting developed by coaches who weren’t licensed coaches. They all turned out, ok. These coaches now who don’t have licences in the competition that are doing great and developing players at clubs and if you have people willing to give up their time to coach why stop them, they might not be blanked to afford a licence or have the time to give up weekends to do the course due to work or other commitments. These licenses are just another reason for someone to line their pockets with $$$$.
    Your important roles like your TD’s and Football Directors and the Head Coach of the club. Yes, I agree let those guys have the right credentials to make sure those below them are doing the right things.
    Anyway that’s my 2 cents worth on that.

Totally agree, there’s people who have never kicked a ball in anger but now have a license and seem to think they know it all, yet people who have played at the top for many many years can’t coach because they have to get a license 🤷*♂️🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Wow you really don’t get football do you ?

The picture that we develop a serial bunch of under achievers is your aim?…

If you seriously think that banning results in youth football will develop a better player you’re delusional.

In fact the sooner that bring results in with the younger ages the better and develop a program that promotes development not rewarding mediocrity the better.
    Indeed, all those European leagues and National teams that are underachieving all because they don't have finals in youth

Does anyone have any idea why the stats are so far behind the actual games played on gameday?
    It looks like nearly all clubs only have about 1/2 to 2/3 of their games entered.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Does anyone have any idea why the stats are so far behind the actual games played on gameday?
    It looks like nearly all clubs only have about 1/2 to 2/3 of their games entered.
    It's like they are registering the scores but not the actual team sheets with the players details. Its usually a little bit behind but I don't think its this far behind normally.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    That document is already completely irrelevant and obsolete. NCC have documents supporting the fact that a vast majority of the current fields in its care are under-utilised. There will be no development of football fields unless individual clubs push the barrow, chase the finances, and do the lobbying. All NCC will do is supply a "letter of Support", all funding must come from state or federal sources, then charge the club a DA fee to upgrade improve their own asset, then notify the club that works must be carried out by their "inducted" contractors, adding 40% to the project cost. Just ask Olympic.

Clubs have been promised facility upgrades since Noah's ark finally ran aground. I know of a community club that were finally "guaranteed" to have an extra 2 lights placed on an existing pole for the start of the 2022 season to expand their training area, previously budgeted and committed in 2019, 2020, and 2021 only to have correspondence 2 weeks before the due date of 2022 commencement asking to now pay for the 2 light fittings ($7000) and essentially council "will install". Using current advertised rates, those 2 lights would have added $1300 to their yearly fee bill.

Thought for the day... with our fields so wet during the year that council have not been able to mow, mark, put goals up etc... what have those council parks workers been doing all year?
    That document is only as irrelevant and obsolete as people allow it to be. It’s the most recent Council-commissioned report on sports ground in the LGA available and Council are failing to implement the recommendations. Who’s asking them to implement? Who’s pushing for the upgrades?

The answer is no one.

You are 100% right to highlight all the issues you have Magician but those won’t change unless we as a football community hold Council to account. The very first thing we should do is push for those recommendations to be implemented or at least investigated further.

The problem we as a soccer community have always had is that we are always competing with each other. Opportunities arise for clubs to share grounds with upgrades promised, but flags and rivalries and “I’m not sharing with them” BS steps in and stops it.

The quicker we realise we are the lowest priority and work together the better. How much stronger are we if we all work together and go to Council, our councillors and MPs as one and say ‘we want change and we’ll work together to get it’? That, and having the highest participation rates of any sport by some margin, is what makes the change. But we’ve got to leave the tribalism at the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    That document is only as irrelevant and obsolete as people allow it to be. It’s the most recent Council-commissioned report on sports ground in the LGA available and Council are failing to implement the recommendations. Who’s asking them to implement? Who’s pushing for the upgrades?

The answer is no one.

You are 100% right to highlight all the issues you have Magician but those won’t change unless we as a football community hold Council to account. The very first thing we should do is push for those recommendations to be implemented or at least investigated further.

The problem we as a soccer community have always had is that we are always competing with each other. Opportunities arise for clubs to share grounds with upgrades promised, but flags and rivalries and “I’m not sharing with them” BS steps in and stops it.

The quicker we realise we are the lowest priority and work together the better. How much stronger are we if we all work together and go to Council, our councillors and MPs as one and say ‘we want change and we’ll work together to get it’? That, and having the highest participation rates of any sport by some margin, is what makes the change. But we’ve got to leave the tribalism at the door.
    We need to gather the pitchforks and march on Nelmes' joint.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Totally agree, there’s people who have never kicked a ball in anger but now have a license and seem to think they know it all, yet people who have played at the top for many many years can’t coach because they have to get a license ��*♂️��*♂️
    Or dont want to pay stupid amounts of $$ to do what they already know. 1000 bucks is ridiculous. Make a C Licence $350 and you get those that youd want in the game.

Banned
    NNSWF will consider all washed out matches, including those already recorded as 0-0 results, and determine which matches will be placed into the two added catch-up rounds. This aims to maximise the number of added matches for all teams and will not take into account any current table positions or when matches were postponed. NNSWF will confirm which matches will be placed into the additional catch-up rounds by Friday 22 July. Further matches may be added if there is the opportunity.

REMOVAL OF 0-0 RESULTS AND CHANGE TO POINTS PER GAME (UNDER-13S TO 18S)
    NNSWF has determined all 0-0 results allocated to postponed matches will be removed following feedback from clubs.

Premiership and finals placings will be determined using the points per game method. NNSWF believe that the points per game method provides a truer reflection of the competition. Any further washed out matches will not be recorded as 0-0. The match will either be played or not counted in the points per game calculation

NNSW removing some of the 0-0 draws and having some catchups instead. turnup.
    And tables to be determined on a pts per game ratio.

Olympic move games to azzurri’s grounds last week to play games but won’t move games to magic tomorrow. Why????