Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Im not sure why,maybe covid related but Cooks Hill were the last team to trial.We had our sons name down but hed already picked up a spot at another club weeks before Cooks Hill even trialled.If they were lacking players then they were in a tough position to be able to fill in squads.Hopefully its a one off but a sad way to start their time in NPL.
    Well yes that was another problem too, I did see they were quite late

Some results with Valentine playing Edgeworth last night

Valentine 0-2 Edgeworth 16s
    Valentine 4-4 Edgeworth 15s (Not sure what has happened there, we recruited alright but Edgeworth finished 2nd last year and only lost one game seems they may have lost their shine)
    Valentine 1-1 Edgeworth 14s (Valentine looking strong they'll have a better year and be challenging the top teams)
    Valentine 1-6 Edgeworth 13s

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post

Valentine 4-4 Edgeworth 15s (Not sure what has happened there, we recruited alright but Edgeworth finished 2nd last year and only lost one game seems they may have lost their shine)
    Valentine 1-1 Edgeworth 14s (Valentine looking strong they'll have a better year and be challenging the top teams)
    What happened in 13's?
    I've seen some of Valo's trial games against Azzurri & Weston and they have looked pretty good. Attack looks pretty decent but they have conceded a lot of goals.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Edgeworth 15s have turned over a few players. More than I would have expected based on their performance last season. I suspect personality clashes, they were pretty vocal towards each other last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    What happened in 13's?
    I've seen some of Valo's trial games against Azzurri & Weston and they have looked pretty good. Attack looks pretty decent but they have conceded a lot of goals.
    Been told we were missing some players and had to use a bunch of 12s

I am pleased to hear Valo youth are doing well. The song will be sung many times this season. Here are the words for all to enjoy:

Valentine Victory Song
    Sung to the tune of Road to Gundagai, words by Brendan Avis.
    Part One
    We're the team from the coast
    We're the team that wins the most
    We are the Phoenix Valentine.
    We'll beat Edgy and Southy, Magic and _________ Whoever else we choose.
    They say great teams win great matches
    and this much is true
    We'll wrap the premiership trophy
    In the Orange and Blue.
    Oh won't you come see us play
    We're the winners all the way
    We are the Phoenix Valentine
    Part 2 (Optional in Scottish) Hallo
    Hallo
    We are the Valley Boys
    Hallo
    Hallo
    You'll know us by our noise
    We're up to knees in (insert team name) blood Surrender or you'll die
    For we are the Valley Phoenix boys (repeat as many times as necessary)

way too much time on your hands.

No wonder they don't like winning. The song goes on forever. They'd get bored singing it.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    I am pleased to hear Valo youth are doing well. The song will be sung many times this season. Here are the words for all to enjoy
    Ditched supporting edgy now?

Banned
    Ditched supporting edgy now?
    Went to Magic lol

I am pleased to hear Valo youth are doing well. The song will be sung many times this season. Here are the words for all to enjoy:

Valentine Victory Song
    Sung to the tune of Road to Gundagai, words by Brendan Avis.
    Part One
    We're the team from the coast
    We're the team that wins the most
    We are the Phoenix Valentine.
    We'll beat Edgy and Southy, Magic and _________ Whoever else we choose.
    They say great teams win great matches
    and this much is true
    We'll wrap the premiership trophy
    In the Orange and Blue.
    Oh won't you come see us play
    We're the winners all the way
    Part 2 (Optional in Scottish) Hallo
    Hallo
    We are the Valley Boys
    Hallo
    Hallo
    You'll know us by our noise
    We're up to knees in (insert team name) blood Surrender or you'll die
    For we are the Valley Phoenix boys (repeat as many times as necessary)
    Thanks for that.....it's the first time I realised they had one....

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Thanks for that.....it's the first time I realised they had one....
    Please don’t be disrespectful to the good people at Valentine. They are the club that I love and they are doing amazing things with youth development. With their new facility coming they will be an NPL powerhouse and I will be there supporting them. I will be proudly blowing my horn like a special boy and giving everyone a Jeepers creepers yeah! I hope you can all join me as I plan to develop an active supporters group for the 1st team as well. It is a club on the up and they will be the Phoenix rising. God bless you all and if you want to criticise me that is fine but I want to bring an electric atmosphere to this league. Someone mentioned Edgy and Magic? I don’t know what magic mushrooms you have been doing but I am Valo all the way. Go Valo!

Please don’t be disrespectful to the good people at Valentine. They are the club that I love and they are doing amazing things with youth development. With their new facility coming they will be an NPL powerhouse and I will be there supporting them. I will be proudly blowing my horn like a special boy and giving everyone a Jeepers creepers yeah! I hope you can all join me as I plan to develop an active supporters group for the 1st team as well. It is a club on the up and they will be the Phoenix rising. God bless you all and if you want to criticise me that is fine but I want to bring an electric atmosphere to this league. Someone mentioned Edgy and Magic? I don’t know what magic mushrooms you have been doing but I am Valo all the way. Go Valo!
    Ok, have fun with that. I hope it goes well for them and you are all tooting horns for years to come.

Dude. People know exactly where you are because you blow those annoying ass horns all the time. 🤦

Banned
    So the lad that you follow has gone back to Valo?

Looking at 16s draw if Cooks Hill drop out there'll be no Bye or 2 Byes. Wonder what Northern will choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Looking at 16s draw if Cooks Hill drop out there'll be no Bye or 2 Byes. Wonder what Northern will choose?
    It will likely be two. Because all the other age groups still play that weekend so I don’t think it would make sense? Or would they play teams more ? Then ground availability becomes an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Originally with Cooks Hill in every team would get 2 byes. Without them it will be 4 byes.

A lot of byes when you pay between $1000 & $1500 a season.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    A lot of byes when you pay between $1000 & $1500 a season.
    NN$WF are a very generous mob. I am sure they will give compensation to all clubs and players in the form of a refund for the extra byes they will have. It is a total farce and it is evident the wrong club was promoted. My spiritual guide told me the NN$WF rules state that for every game a youth team forfeits they incur a $500 fine. If that is 24 games the Cooks Hill U16s forfeit they should be slapped with a $12k fine.

Good and rightfully so. Forfeiting a full season is very detrimental to the competition as an entirety. I expect better from Cooks Hill. 4 byes a season? NONSENSE. We are not getting our money’s worth
    Last edited by Cowboy Lesnar; 15-02-2022 at 12:18 AM.