Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Singlespeed View Post
    First thing is to shorten games times, bring them in line with Sydney. U13/14 is 2 x 30min periods. U15 (and U17 girls) is 2 x 35 min periods . U16 is 2 x 40 min periods. Then the players can focus on skill and not pound them at a young age just to get fitness for 40 min half's.

Gradually increase fitness over a few years.

Will even up some of the games too, as a fair few of the blowouts happen late in halfs/games.
    Your solution to increasing a player's ability is to reduce the amount of time they are playing which reduces their time on the ball and time learning how to play.

The player's already won't be playing 80 mins (except for the keeper) since any good coach and club will ensure there is even rotation. Team of 15 will have players playing about 54 minutes each game. Under this silly proposal they would go down to 40 mins per game. We won't even be producing players to increase the quality of 1st grade let alone players to make it higher.

Anyone who wants to further reduce game time has rocks in the head. The fact the 18s and reserves aren't 45 mins is a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    It has very little to do with what you are wearing (other than from a confidence and psychological standpoint), its about how hard you work, talent will only get you so far.

Here's a question though, what is the right amount of training? If we want to produce players of that calibre that what does or should the training load (and games I suppose as an extension of that) look like?
    Stole this from here:
    http://www.dunedinfootballacademy.com/training-hours

On average, European academies train as follows:

Team Training (Average volume):
    U12 and below: 41-42 weeks/year, 3x per week consisting of 4-5 hours training.
    U13-U15: 44 weeks/year, 5x per week consisting of more than 7 hours training.
    U16+: 45 weeks/year, 5x per week consisting of about 9 hours training.

Individual Training (Average volume):
    U12 and below: once per week, 30-60 minutes.
    U13-U15: twice per week, 90 minutes.
    U16+: at least twice per week, about 120 minutes.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

First thing is to shorten games times, bring them in line with Sydney. U13/14 is 2 x 30min periods. U15 (and U17 girls) is 2 x 35 min periods . U16 is 2 x 40 min periods. Then the players can focus on skill and not pound them at a young age just to get fitness for 40 min half's.

Will even up some of the games too, as a fair few of the blowouts happen late in halfs/games.
    Probably the 8th silliest thing I've read on here. Sydney comp has also moved to 13,14's x 35 and 15 and 16's 40.......... Just last week.
    Literally NOBODY is saying spend less time on the park.

It has very little to do with what you are wearing (other than from a confidence and psychological standpoint), its about how hard you work, talent will only get you so far.

Here's a question though, what is the right amount of training? If we want to produce players of that calibre that what does or should the training load (and games I suppose as an extension of that) look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Stole this from here:
    http://www.dunedinfootballacademy.com/training-hours

On average, European academies train as follows:

Team Training (Average volume):
    U12 and below: 41-42 weeks/year, 3x per week consisting of 4-5 hours training.
    U13-U15: 44 weeks/year, 5x per week consisting of more than 7 hours training.
    U16+: 45 weeks/year, 5x per week consisting of about 9 hours training.

Individual Training (Average volume):
    U12 and below: once per week, 30-60 minutes.
    U13-U15: twice per week, 90 minutes.
    U16+: at least twice per week, about 120 minutes.
    Kids should have a ball at their feet everyday, whether that be organised or just individually honing their skills. Those that have the drive and ambition will do that others my just rest on their laurels.
    Organised training sessions should be to develop game awareness and systems, and introduce new skills to hone at home.

The European clubs all have their own academies and in some cases kids get collected from school by the club buses, unfortunately we don't have those luxuries.

Banned

If shortening game time then have less squad members. Having 5/6 on the bench is stupid.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Clubs started buying kits in the 90's so everyone looked the same on Game day. Training kits came in the late 90's.
    Just be cause you look the part doesn't mean you can play.
    Aint that the truth. Rep trials wearing scoops and still putting opponents over the fence!

Apparently the TD at edgy has resigned effective immediately. Sounds like it was to make a stand to the club. Is this the fall of the eagle?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFish View Post
    Apparently the TD at edgy has resigned effective immediately. Sounds like it was to make a stand to the club. Is this the fall of the eagle?
    Theyll just get another one.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperFish View Post
    Who was their TD?

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Who was their TD?
    Glen C

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Kids should have a ball at their feet everyday, whether that be organised or just individually honing their skills. Those that have the drive and ambition will do that others my just rest on their laurels.
    Organised training sessions should be to develop game awareness and systems, and introduce new skills to hone at home.

The European clubs all have their own academies and in some cases kids get collected from school by the club buses, unfortunately we don't have those luxuries.
    well said.

Banned
    Valo 14s seem to be trialing very well? Some new faces?

Quote Originally Posted by Lichael Richards View Post
    Not many, just a few to replace those they lost to Jets. My mate Garbo just does a great job coaching them and is very development focussed.

Trials from the weekend
    Olympic v Maitland

13s and 14s Maitland won but I don’t have the scores unfortunately.

15s Olympic 4-3
    16s Maitland 5-3

Quote Originally Posted by Lichael Richards View Post
    Yes they got in some good new players including the Kahibah 13s keeper from last year that did very well

So the same old Magic coaches were sent from the field over the weekend against NL18s.

Not the first time nor will it be the last time from those two galahs but seems the Magic committee will back their friends over the perception of the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    So the same old Magic coaches were sent from the field over the weekend against NL18s.

Not the first time nor will it be the last time from those two galahs but seems the Magic committee will back their friends over the perception of the club.
    oh no, not again. Tell me it wasnt the xxxL dude. He is a disgrace.

Culture wont change until it is club wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post

They were never sent off. The two Magic Coaches carried on like they always do when their team is losing and at the end of the game one of the NL officials told the big fella to pull his head in. The rest of the day was trouble free and both Clubs seem to be striking up an interesting relationship as officials and Coaches from both Clubs were mingling and talking at length.

Quote Originally Posted by samcan View Post
    oh no, not again. Tell me it wasnt the xxxL dude. He is a disgrace.

Culture wont change until it is club wide.
    Of course it was, we'll see it again.

Trials from the weekend
    Olympic v Maitland

13s and 14s Maitland won but I don’t have the scores unfortunately.

15s Olympic 4-3
    16s Maitland 5-3
    Great results for Maitland Kitz. What is happening at Olympic