Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    The whole idea of this move is interesting on lots of levels. Did the Azzurri coaches/players leave Azzurri because of the proposed decoupling and didn't want to play in the second tier comp? On the latest club championship ladder Valo sneak in the top 8 and Azzurri miss out.
    This is an interesting test case for the new system.Valo 13s this year are sitting on that cut line and would be in the top division next season.But they havent won a game against anyone above them on the ladder.So assuming they will struggle to win games in the top division next season what does that then do to the club/coaches and parents that are there to win?Do we see an exodus of players either from parents/kids not liking losing every game or from coaches who dont think their kids are good enough.Meanwhile a club likes Charlestown goes down and gets a half year of equivalent competition with plenty of wins.Wonder who thinks they will be in the better position after all of it.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    This is the bit that always intrigues me.So Valo have had 4 years to put together a good team for 13s but at the last minute kick them all out.Doesnt this say that Valo as a club hasnt done a very good job with their JDL program?
    Maybe not. Many of those lads came and went during those 4 years. So this could be a patched up 12s group many of whom are deemed to be not really at level.

Granted, they have improved during this year alone which is a good thing for that club. Its a tough one no matter how you look at it.

Are we really worried that club A is now weak and club B are now strong? This is a cycle.

Lets not forget that even the current strongest clubs are a collaboration of kids who spent many years developing at other clubs.

We seem to ignore the slow burn and get annoyed when it happens en masse.

as always everyone can free to ignore this big picture....

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Wonder who thinks they will be in the better position after all of it.
    Remember, it's the unknown excitement of the journey. The highs, the lows, the promises, the regrets.

I'd hate to be stuck at one club hoping something big will happen unless my good mates are there.

Ask the kids, theyll tell you where they want to be. Give them the full story and options of whats happening. They are experts of their own welfare and know more than what we credit them for.

Except when they turn down a good career opp to go surfing, then they are young idiots who are having more fun then me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Remember, it's the unknown excitement of the journey. The highs, the lows, the promises, the regrets.

I'd hate to be stuck at one club hoping something big will happen unless my good mates are there.

Ask the kids, theyll tell you where they want to be. Give them the full story and options of whats happening. They are experts of their own welfare and know more than what we credit them for.
    I agree,and my eldest is going through this at the moment.Hes seen most of it already.Being involved in JDL/NPL has been one of the best things to happen to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Maybe not. Many of those lads came and went during those 4 years. So this could be a patched up 12s group many of whom are deemed to be not really at level.

Granted, they have improved during this year alone which is a good thing for that club..
    Having watched them the past month they have not only been competitive against other strong JDL teams linked to NPL clubs but have beaten them

The Valo team play the Charlestown team at the end of the season, will be some questions raised if the game is close or Valo win.

The other U12s team at Azzurri will be happy to hear that the better kids are off to another club

Northern NSW Football is excited to announce the decoupling of its youth football from senior football along with the launch of a new youth competition structure for boys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-74V0up4XGc
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Having watched them the past month they have not only been competitive against other strong JDL teams linked to NPL clubs but have beaten them

The Valo team play the Charlestown team at the end of the season, will be some questions raised if the game is close or Valo win.

The other U12s team at Azzurri will be happy to hear that the better kids are off to another club
    I'm told 4 kids in Valo JDL have played for 13's this year, a couple of them multiple times. Are these kids going to be kept on?

Unlikely, as the Azzurri boys are not only taking their whole squad they are offering spots to loads of other kids as well. Valo might have a squad of 20 in 13's next year... but none from their own 12's.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Northern NSW Football is excited to announce the decoupling of its youth football from senior football along with the launch of a new youth competition structure for boys.

Well done to NNSW.I think this is a really important step forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    I'm told 4 kids in Valo JDL have played for 13's this year, a couple of them multiple times. Are these kids going to be kept on?

Unlikely, as the Azzurri boys are not only taking their whole squad they are offering spots to loads of other kids as well. Valo might have a squad of 20 in 13's next year... but none from their own 12's.
    Yes,ive seen them play and they are good enough to be in a good 13s next season.Plenty of clubs will pick them up if Valo are too silly to keep them.

NNSW have formally announced that decoupling will occur for next season!

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post

There are at least 4 u12's playing up permanently in Valo u13's NPL from what I have seen, only 2 kids have played up from the u12's JDL squad that I know if.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

After the 1st round the comp breaks into 3 divs of 8. Div1 and the top 4 from div2 starts in the top div the following year.

Thats a decent model.

Re the Valo/Azzurri u12 teams for U13 NPL I have it from a really ‘close’ source that the issue isxAzzurri wanted the U12 boys ALL to trial and as Valo offerred spots it was a fairly easy decision-just don’t understand Azurri’s stance - the boys been with them for years ‘trialling’. Crazy decision from Azurri executive
    yes have a trial for some potential new players but lock in your best kids - whole idea of SAP/JDL is for clubs to develop youngsters as footballers but also install some club pride/culture into them so they stay and want to play for club to the highest level they can, then with the bigger picture clubs won’t have to pay $1000+ a game like they are now to ‘mercenaries’ with no loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by Mad with football View Post
    Whole idea of SAP/JDL is for clubs to develop youngsters as footballers but also install some club pride/culture into them so they stay and want to play for club to the highest level they can, then with the bigger picture clubs won’t have to pay $1000+ a game like they are now to ‘mercenaries’ with no loyalty
    If another club offers $1000 that junior of 8 years will still leave. Staying for peanuts gets old real quick.

Re the Valo/Azzurri u12 teams for U13 NPL I have it from a really ‘close’ source that the issue isxAzzurri wanted the U12 boys ALL to trial and as Valo offerred spots it was a fairly easy decision-just don’t understand Azurri’s stance - the boys been with them for years ‘trialling’. Crazy decision from Azurri executive
    yes have a trial for some potential new players but lock in your best kids - whole idea of SAP/JDL is for clubs to develop youngsters as footballers but also install some club pride/culture into them so they stay and want to play for club to the highest level they can, then with the bigger picture clubs won’t have to pay $1000+ a game like they are now to ‘mercenaries’ with no loyalty
    They also did this with the JDL girls, then I found out they had offered an entire team of 15's/16's boys places with no trial, needless to say we decided not to stay, theres no planet kids in the JDL space need that sort of stress put on them, let alone in the girls where theres not enough players to go around as is.

Not sure on what planet kids want to hang around to wait to trial (and mind you these trials are generally AFTER all the other clubs have had theres so it would literally leave kids with trying to find somewhere to take them). I really hope they can sort this out a bit better - give the kids clear feedback and just have some sort of organisation to this part of the season, just seems difficult for the sake of being difficult - to pretty much no ones benefit.

Just a thought.

So maybe Azzurri were playing the equity card by giving insiders no favours by having trials have inadvertently shot themselves in the foot?
    And supposing this might be true, what does the club now think of the trial decision and the result of the decision?

Maybe they wanted this to happen. Someone will know.
    Last edited by Jim; 06-08-2022 at 10:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    Not sure the 18's will be happy. Quite a few play 18's and reserves, will they still be considered part of the senior squad? - its also a VERY long day for volunteers starting at 7-8am turn up for 13's and 16s don't finish till 4, that means a 6pm - 7pm finish on that day? Wonder how thought through that was. I mean its nice to be able to push 16s up to 18s without the game day conflicts (as currently 18s often play at the same time and day as the 16s), but I'm not sure if its easily resolved.
    18s are in youth. Tough luck.They can still back up ressies on another day

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Dawson View Post
    18’s will stay with seniors. That was sorted after final consultation with clubs
    Thanks Baz ya dill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post

I am supportive of all the changes coming but do fear what the extra games might do to rego fees across the board. More coaching, ground use etc probably equals higher fees. Let's hope clubs surprise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Spell Check View Post
    I am supportive of all the changes coming but do fear what the extra games might do to rego fees across the board. More coaching, ground use etc probably equals higher fees. Let's hope clubs surprise us.
    Agree. There needs to be a review on the unnecessary fees being taken.
    Is council taking an unfair slice like at Mayfield junior? Should we be paying the FA levy for nothing? Should we be paying 1st grade from JDL PYL?
    Could clubs drive harder for sponsors? The Hunter brings in billions for the govt, we should be claiming some of that for our communities.
    Can clubs cut expenses like paying old club stalwarts and hangers on?
    And most importantly, WHY is there no money flowing from the Top? Corporates and TV deals. There's plenty of $$$ skimming right there.

Yep, some clubs would have done most of this already.

What's a fair rego cost in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    And most importantly, WHY is there no money flowing from the Top? Corporates and TV deals. There's plenty of $$$ skimming right there
    On this point...AFL & NRL pull $200m per annum on their TV rights. A-League pulls $30m.

Plenty of this money for AFL & NRL flows down. The A League money is lucky to pay the bills at that level. Can guarantee the A League aint skimming money