Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Seriously mate stop stressing, if your boy is good enough he’ll get his opportunity next year, the annual exodus to the mariners will open up a few spots…
    Exactly.

Reminds of a kids old man, in blue, who has to watch every bit of action and have the coaches ear to make sure his lad pushed up a level. And in multiple sports.

He isnt as good as his old man thinks and being a stand over merchant isnt good for anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Exactly.

Reminds of a kids old man, in blue, who has to watch every bit of action and have the coaches ear to make sure his lad pushed up a level. And in multiple sports.

He isnt as good as his old man thinks and being a stand over merchant isnt good for anyone.
    You are right about the dad but I bet the kid kicks more goals than anyone else in the comp this season.

Banned
    Any games on?

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Any games on?
    maybe the games tomorrow in Coffs?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    maybe the games tomorrow in Coffs?
    Cooks Hill and Jaffas played today as did Olympic and Adamstown apart from the 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Cooks Hill and Jaffas played today as did Olympic and Adamstown apart from the 15s.
    Any scores

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Any scores
    Jaffas won all grades (no 16's game).Olympic won both 13s and 16s.Adamstown apparently hit with covid so no 14s or 15s played.Jaffas v Magic catchup midweek a much better indicator of who else will challenge for semis spots.13's and 14's very close games.

Hey guys, does anyone have any information on the supposed De Coupling next year ? Apparently 1/2 way through the comp the buottom half of NPL youth teams will drop down to NL1 and the top half of NL1 will go up to NPL

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Jaffas won all grades (no 16's game).Olympic won both 13s and 16s.Adamstown apparently hit with covid so no 14s or 15s played.Jaffas v Magic catchup midweek a much better indicator of who else will challenge for semis spots.13's and 14's very close games.
    Magic vs Jaffas 15s and 16s were also close games brother.

Yeah man that is what my contact from Weston told me.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Carl View Post
    Magic vs Jaffas 15s and 16s were also close games brother.
    Sorry didnt mean to come across like that but I didnt see those games so couldnt comment.Ive already learned from not trusting scorelines.So far ive seen a 2 goal win that was as one sided a game as ive seen and a 6 goal difference that was a pretty even game.Looking forward to seeing Valo in action soon are you selling orange trumpets this season or do you still have the black ones from your Edgy days?

Quote Originally Posted by Budgie View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone have any information on the supposed De Coupling next year ? Apparently 1/2 way through the comp the buottom half of NPL youth teams will drop down to NL1 and the top half of NL1 will go up to NPL
    That's not the intention of decoupling from every conversation I've heard including in committees. If they do it it will split and the top half of NPL will stay and the bottom 4 or something will join with NL1 and everyone will just play each other more times during the season. Its not a demotion / promotion opportunity. The way you are explaining it doesn't mean more games against similar opposition which is supposed to be the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    That's not the intention of decoupling from every conversation I've heard including in committees. If they do it it will split and the top half of NPL will stay and the bottom 4 or something will join with NL1 and everyone will just play each other more times during the season. Its not a demotion / promotion opportunity. The way you are explaining it doesn't mean more games against similar opposition which is supposed to be the goal.
    It’s proposed format was to have 3 pools of 8 teams
    NPL1 - 3

Promotion and relegation based on club championship with bottom two and top two swapping on an annual basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Take it easy View Post
    It’s proposed format was to have 3 pools of 8 teams
    NPL1 - 3

Promotion and relegation based on club championship with bottom two and top two swapping on an annual basis.
    So if you had a strong say 13’s and 15’s and the other 2 teams were weaker. The strong teams will play in lower grade cause they get dragged down by the other 2 teams in the club. Then they belt teams in a lower grade. Makes no sense. Just add NL to the top division and problem solved

So if you had a strong say 13’s and 15’s and the other 2 teams were weaker. The strong teams will play in lower grade cause they get dragged down by the other 2 teams in the club. Then they belt teams in a lower grade. Makes no sense. Just add NL to the top division and problem solved
    In the Sydney comp 13’s aren’t included in club championship points

So if you had a strong say 13Â’s and 15Â’s and the other 2 teams were weaker. The strong teams will play in lower grade cause they get dragged down by the other 2 teams in the club. Then they belt teams in a lower grade. Makes no sense. Just add NL to the top division and problem solved
    I agree with the promotion/relegation and split levels for youth and get what you are saying but are there any clubs where this is an issue at the moment?Most clubs have consistent results across gamedays.Bringing NL 13's up makes them at best bottom 4 in NPL youth anyway so doesnt make anything better.Still light years behind Magic/Olympic/Jaffas/Maitland.If they wanted better competition every week the kids should have all been trialing for spots in NPL youth teams there were plenty around in the trial period.

Sorry didnt mean to come across like that but I didnt see those games so couldnt comment.Ive already learned from not trusting scorelines.So far ive seen a 2 goal win that was as one sided a game as ive seen and a 6 goal difference that was a pretty even game.Looking forward to seeing Valo in action soon are you selling orange trumpets this season or do you still have the black ones from your Edgy days?
    My supplier doesn’t stock orange horns but if you see any please let me know. Hey it’s a beautiful day!

I agree with the promotion/relegation and split levels for youth and get what you are saying but are there any clubs where this is an issue at the moment?Most clubs have consistent results across gamedays.Bringing NL 13's up makes them at best bottom 4 in NPL youth anyway so doesnt make anything better.Still light years behind Magic/Olympic/Jaffas/Maitland.If they wanted better competition every week the kids should have all been trialing for spots in NPL youth teams there were plenty around in the trial period.
    This is close to spot on. There is not a club in the HIT that will make a dent in any NPL age group at the mo. NL will dominant most ages this year but the kids playing there don't want a bar of that competitive NPL smoke. Check out how all their better kids jump ship before U12.

Quote Originally Posted by The Berlin Wall View Post
    This is close to spot on. There is not a club in the HIT that will make a dent in any NPL age group at the mo. NL will dominant most ages this year but the kids playing there don't want a bar of that competitive NPL smoke. Check out how all their better kids jump ship before U12.
    Just to be clear as well.This is not a knock on the kids.Winning every game is a great way to enjoy your sport for some and good luck to them.Its the chest beating parents and officials of some clubs that drive me crazy.

If they wanted better competition every week the kids should have all been trialing for spots in NPL youth teams there were plenty around in the trial period.
    Correct. I cant understand why some teams recruit so late.