Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Are you upset that they are trying to get the games played?
    If you were playing in the competition I think you’d see it as a problem. I know I don’t have to ask players to know the answer particularly as they get older.

If it happened in the seniors would you be cool with it? If you don’t play here’s your 1 all draw, if this means you miss finals, well meh to you.

That other team that played they get three points and you don’t get that same opportunity. On what planet is that remotely a fair competition.

Are you upset that they are trying to get the games played?
    Not at all but ive upset a chestbeater

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    If you were playing in the competition I think you’d see it as a problem. I know I don’t have to ask players to know the answer particularly as they get older.

If it happened in the seniors would you be cool with it? If you don’t play here’s your 1 all draw, if this means you miss finals, well meh to you.

That other team that played they get three points and you don’t get that same opportunity. On what planet is that remotely a fair competition.
    Fair call

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Not at all but ive upset a chestbeater
    Here we go. Sorry, I just assumed that you were a full grown adult. My bad

Your replying to the wrong person. I said do what it takes to play the games. if that means finding a dry ground, find a dry ground and relocate the game. It’s youth football, playing games is more important than points tables

If you were playing in the competition I think you’d see it as a problem.
    Its a very fair point.In defense of Charlestown and Olympic,only 14s really matters as far as the table is concerned and to be honest both teams want the win so a draw helps neither.The other ages wont matter with finals positions so id say theres nothing untoward going on.I also think Charlestowns home ground will be fine to play on as long as theres no more rain.Im way more skeptical of Myer park being safe to play on hopefully whoever has control of that decision makes the right call.It will be unfortunate for Magic as draws may affect a few of their grades finals positions,but they wont miss the finals because of it.Jaffas/North Coast will obviously be fine and i think the rest have been officially called off.Regardless,I dont think any team will miss finals unfairly because of one weekend,but it sure seems NNSW's rules on this matter have been dealt with pretty liberally.

Clubs should be working together to try to ensure as many games as possible are played.
    That said, surely points per game played would be a better way of deciding each competition ladder rather than a draw awarded to a washed out game

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Clubs should be working together to try to ensure as many games as possible are played.
    That said, surely points per game played would be a better way of deciding each competition ladder rather than a draw awarded to a washed out game
    If a club manages to arrange an alternate kick off venue, even if its means changing the day or even the time on the day and the away club refuses, the away club should forfeit. 0-0 is too easy, its a farce. Absolutely disgusting that teams effectively settle for the 0-0 draw, if parents knew that their clubs were refusing to play fixtures i hope they ask for a please explain or rego refund.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    If a club manages to arrange an alternate kick off venue, even if its means changing the day or even the time on the day and the away club refuses, the away club should forfeit. 0-0 is too easy, its a farce. Absolutely disgusting that teams effectively settle for the 0-0 draw, if parents knew that their clubs were refusing to play fixtures i hope they ask for a please explain or rego refund.
    Is this happening though?I only hear about clubs/kids and coaches doing their best to get games in.Although I disagree with one club being able to dictate all aspects of a reschedule,especially with the distance a lot of clubs face to get to games.It could be easily manipulated.NNSW should have final say when alternate arrangements are made.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Is this happening though?I only hear about clubs/kids and coaches doing their best to get games in.Although I disagree with one club being able to dictate all aspects of a reschedule,especially with the distance a lot of clubs face to get to games.It could be easily manipulated.NNSW should have final say when alternate arrangements are made.
    Remember our team finished 4th with a game in hand vs 3rd who we had previously beaten. A win would’ve put us to 2nd and given us a 2 v 3 semi, instead they refused to play the washout. The draw bumped them to 2nd on GD, we stayed 4th and got the 1 v 4 semi.
    That was seniors. If it can happen there without questions, it can happen in youth.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Its a very fair point.In defense of Charlestown and Olympic,only 14s really matters as far as the table is concerned and to be honest both teams want the win so a draw helps neither.The other ages wont matter with finals positions so id say theres nothing untoward going on.I also think Charlestowns home ground will be fine to play on as long as theres no more rain.Im way more skeptical of Myer park being safe to play on hopefully whoever has control of that decision makes the right call.It will be unfortunate for Magic as draws may affect a few of their grades finals positions,but they wont miss the finals because of it.Jaffas/North Coast will obviously be fine and i think the rest have been officially called off.Regardless,I dont think any team will miss finals unfairly because of one weekend,but it sure seems NNSW's rules on this matter have been dealt with pretty liberally.
    Why are you so concerned about finals, seriously this is the major problem about youth football, mum and dad and that trophy,, I can’t wait to the day NNSWF ban finals in youth football, then everyone will get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Why are you so concerned about finals, seriously this is the major problem about youth football, mum and dad and that trophy,, I can’t wait to the day NNSWF ban finals in youth football, then everyone will get the picture.
    Wow you really don’t get football do you ?

The picture that we develop a serial bunch of under achievers is your aim?…

If you seriously think that banning results in youth football will develop a better player you’re delusional.

In fact the sooner that bring results in with the younger ages the better and develop a program that promotes development not rewarding mediocrity the better.
    Last edited by Isthisforreal; 09-07-2022 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Wow you really don’t get football do you ?

The picture that we develop a serial bunch of under achievers is your aim?…

If you seriously think that banning results in youth football will develop a better player you’re delusional.

In fact the sooner that bring results in with the younger ages the better and develop a program that promotes development not rewarding mediocrity the better.
    You need to go back to reading classes, never mentioned anything about results, are you stupid, all I mentioned was canning finals, have another read boy.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I dont care really.I was responding to a post from someone asking a legitimate question regarding results.NNSW have drawn the line at where finals matter and at the moment its 13's.If you disagree with that feel free to take it up with the people that make those decisions.

Here we go. Sorry, I just assumed that you were a full grown adult. My bad
    Yep. maturity accepts that some have to go hysterical lengths to find grounds to get 3 pts. What idiot thinks this is cool. um yep you.

Time for your chestbeating big man gogogo

Quote Originally Posted by Oldy View Post
    Yep. maturity accepts that some have to go hysterical lengths to find grounds to get 3 pts. What idiot thinks this is cool. um yep you.

Time for your chestbeating big man gogogo
    Sounds to me like someone’s upset that they might not get their washout point and they are projecting their frustration on everyone else.

Sounds to me like someoneÂ’s upset that they might not get their washout point and they are projecting their frustration on everyone else.
    I think people are frustrated that we are on our third season now where we are paying $$$$ and the season isnÂ’t even being played. Northern need to start focusing on ensuring people are getting what they pay for, instead of adding more tournaments and charging people to play them.

That would be nice.

I think people are frustrated that we are on our third season now where we are paying $$$$ and the season isnÂ’t even being played. Northern need to start focusing on ensuring people are getting what they pay for, instead of adding more tournaments and charging people to play them.

That would be nice.
    So you are fine with clubs making alternate arrangements to get games played then?

So you are fine with clubs making alternate arrangements to get games played then?
    Anyone that isn’t ok with it regardless of motive needs to get out of kids sport. Clubs should be doing anything they can, even multiple games per week/weekend to get the kids a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Isthisforreal View Post
    Anyone that isn’t ok with it regardless of motive needs to get out of kids sport. Clubs should be doing anything they can, even multiple games per week/weekend to get the kids a game.
    But it’s unfaaaaaair, my team might miss out on the finals so I would prefer everyone just to stay home and play their Xbox because it’s all about how much money we pay./sarcasm