Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match Day 12 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    **** Off

Other than the last 3 minutes Adelaide were never in the game.

The first half we were all over them without the end product

I am more than happy watching us play this way. I don't think I have enjoyed the way we play this much since the days of Nick Carle Milton and Griffo etc

To me we look like we are 12 months away from finding a consistency. Just hope we keep our Manager and then next off season strengthen a couple of positions

Yeah it was frustrating walking out last night losing but that's Football. We play like that and we will win more than we will lose under Pappas
    This is bang on the money. I’d rather go over to watch us play like that. Then the past few years when we lose but play like dog s$@t

We ran out of legs. Which after 50 days off will happen

Also our imports are extremely effective and we may have the pick of them this year

Mikeltadze is way too good for us. He's the best #9 in Gold ive seen since Griff. Oozes class and is a baller
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Mikeltadze is way too good for us. He's the best #9 in Gold ive seen since Griff. Oozes class and is a baller
    I'm glad we have him signed for 2 seasons.

Three of the five visa players have been awesome so far. Jury still out on Siatravanis (however I thought he was great in the 45 on Sunday) and yet to see anything from Arques.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Agree with Beka, he's been very nice to watch so far. I feel like he was a little jittery in the first maybe 2? games but after getting his first goal or two he has settled and improved further. Very tidy on the ball, great hold up play and super intelligent at the short sharp stuff around the box.

Boumal and Penha are both a bit hit and miss for me but both bring x-factor and will have moments of magic leading to scoring chances each game. Would love to see a little more end product from both (either), Boumal seems to spray a lot of his shots despite his dribbling and passing seeming very composed. Penha has put some absolutely gorgeous passes and throughballs through this season.

Also thought Siatravanis had his best showing so far in the first half, hopefully he can score soon and likewise settle a little.

For some reason I thought Silvera was also a visa player, I came on here to say I'd been disappointed with him but knowing he's not I withdraw that. Don't think he's offered too much but see if he grows over the season.

I also wanted to say I've been very impressed with the midfield of O'Doherty and Thurgate, they've both been very impressive for me, probably O'Doherty more so as I wasn't expecting too much. I am missing Uga a lot less than I thought I would.
    Both solid and tidy on the ball and absolute workhorses off the ball.

Bummer about the loss on the weekend and I felt pretty bummed after full time as well. But honestly that first half could have finished with us 3 or 4 nil up pretty easy, a few golden chances were miskicked or half kicked.
    Hopefully some more match fitness and our starters can push deeper into the second half before running out of gas.

Beka's father has passed away, I believe, earlier in the season following his arrival. I'm not 100% on the timing.

His celebratory tribute after his first goal seems to have lifted the weight off his shoulders.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    But honestly that first half could have finished with us 3 or 4 nil up pretty easy, a few golden chances were miskicked or half kicked.
    This comment could describe so many Jets games from the last 6 years (or more?).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Beka's father has passed away, I believe, earlier in the season following his arrival. I'm not 100% on the timing.

His celebratory tribute after his first goal seems to have lifted the weight off his shoulders.
    Was just before the wanderers game where he scored a pen I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm glad we have him signed for 2 seasons.

Three of the five visa players have been awesome so far. Jury still out on Siatravanis (however I thought he was great in the 45 on Sunday) and yet to see anything from Arques.
    Anyone know why they dragged Siatravanis at halftime. Missed a few chances but got in positions we haven’t seen in years

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Anyone know why they dragged Siatravanis at halftime. Missed a few chances but got in positions we haven’t seen in years
    No clue.

Maybe saving him for Brisbane??