Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match Day 13 | Newcastle Jets v Brisbane Roar

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    I thought this too.He turned back inside so many times where in the past he was one of the players who backed himself to get forward and play aggressively.I wondered if it is how his coach wants him to play or if hes lost a step and isnt confident anymore which is understandable considering his unfortunate injury issues of late.
    I'm not sure - watching his passes he tends to move to his more comfortable (and predominant) right foot. That's why he's more effective on the right, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Credit has to be given to Jordan O’Doherty these past couple games. Dude is a great player who does everything right and I have no idea how Grozos was getting picked over him earlier in the season.

I feel like our big issue atm is that our subs don’t make enough of an impact, and possibly make the team worse. Guys like Al-Taay, Murnane and Grozos are failing to impress off the bench so hopefully with the inclusion of Regan and once guys like Goodwin, Mauragis and Arques are match fit those issues will begin to go away
    Agree on O'Doherty 100%. He's been immense. And yes agree with the Subs too. Who else in the squad could we look to include? Blake Archbold? Archie Goodwin? THey'd bring pace and energy to burn

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I’m curious to see how Elsey and Jurman keep Regan from a start when he’s deemed fit. What’s up with Mauragis? Is he just not preferred or is he not fit? Wasn’t he away with australia youth and isolated to get back, and now what?
    I think it's a seniority thing - We need to see if Reegs at 34 can get back up to speed with the A-League demands. The one I would look at is Riley Warland pushing for a spot.

I wonder where Arques is, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Hoff has a hard enough time with the football (passing, decision making etc) side of things at RB as it is, over on the left he struggles.

I kind of figured last night we were nailed on to win it. We've been playing well and deserving wins most of the matches I've seen, figures that when we actually play poorly (granted I did miss the first half) and get played all over, would be when we actually win.

Penha taking the piss just before Thurgate scored and then again at the end asking if the bloke wanted his jersey..

Gee whiz my head hurts reading people wanting to bring back Topor & Reegs into the starting XI.

They're solid defenders yes but given the way Papas wants us to play it would be an absolute bombscare watching them try to play out from the back, both are definitely not known for being able to make progressive passes out of the back into the midfield(hoofing it 50 yards is not progressive)
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Gee whiz my head hurts reading people wanting to bring back Topor & Reegs into the starting XI.

They're solid defenders yes but given the way Papas wants us to play it would be an absolute bombscare watching them try to play out from the back, both are definitely not known for being able to make progressive passes out of the back into the midfield(hoofing it 50 yards is not progressive)
    Both are quicker than Jurman and I'd rate their passing ability as similar. Each to their own though..
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Thought Babalj was not a good choice last night, did he manage to hold on to the ball for more than 3 secs at any stage before a Roar player just whipped it off him, didn't seem to be on the same wavelength with the players around him, maybe he's not a mudrunner but I'm hoping we don't have to rely too much on him this season as a starting backup
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...