Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: darts

darts

simon whitlock

watched this yesterday at work before having a sickie

what a bloke (y)

p.s. disc race that there is no darts thread

Would love to be in the crowd drinking and singing out Onnnnnnnneeeeehundredandeighhhhhhhtyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! !!!

bout time. Been knockin for ages

With the new season only 10 days away.
    I had to do it..
    Enjoy

my uncle beat whitlock for some title years back before he went to europe
    uncle has always said that he would amke it big, seems tht he has been proved right

do we have any other darts players, we require 2 more players for our team this season??

When does the next series or comp start on fox? Been missing watching the darts after the premier league finished.

This weekend is the uk open finals, the so called fa cup of darts. starts friday 4am on fox2
    Last edited by Bradj; 04-06-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradj View Post
    This weekend is the uk open finals, the so called fa cup of darts. starts friday 4am on fox2
    cheers

alright, its the offseason and Phil "The Power" Taylor and Simon Whitlock are coming. Who is in??
    http://www.dartplayersaustralia.com/node/154

THE PDC are delighted to announce that the Sydney Darts Masters, the second event in the World Series of Darts, will be held at Luna Park in Sydney from August 29-31 and broadcast live on Fox Sports.
    Following the success of the recent Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters, which was won by Michael van Gerwen, the second event in the PDC's new World Series of Darts has been confirmed.
    The 16-player event will see the PDC's top eight stars joined by the top three players from the DPA rankings, a trio of home qualifiers from a three-day qualifying event, Australian World Cup ace Paul Nicholson and a New Zealand qualifier.
    The PDC's top eight Order of Merit ranked players will include Ladbrokes World Darts Champion Phil Taylor, Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters and McCoy's Premier League Darts champion Michael van Gerwen and Australian superstar Simon Whitlock as well as five and two-time World Champions Raymond van Barneveld and Adrian Lewis, seven-time major event winner James Wade, World Championship finalist Andy Hamilton and European Championship finalist Wes Newton.
    "Professional darts in Australia has taken huge strides in recent years, and I'm thrilled that the second event in our World Series of Darts will be held in Sydney this August," said PDC Chairman Barry Hearn.
    "Australian darts fans now see all major PDC events live on Fox Sports, but the Sydney Darts Masters will give them the chance to see the biggest stars in the game in the flesh at Luna Park.
    "The recent Dubai Duty Free Darts Masters was hugely popular and I'm sure that the Sydney Darts Masters, spearheaded by the appearance of Aussie standard-bearers Simon Whitlock and Paul Nicholson, will be equally successful.
    "The DPA have done a great job in developing professional darts in Australia in recent years, and the ambitious players Down Under now want to emulate Simon and Paul to play on the big stage, so this is a huge opportunity for them."
    The event will be preceded from August 25-27 by a three-day qualifying series, from which three players will win through to play in the main Sydney Darts Masters tournament.
    The eight First Round games will be played at Sydney’s iconic Luna Park on Thursday August 29, with the Quarter-Finals on Friday August 30 and the Semi-Finals and Final being held on Saturday August 31.
    The whole of the Sydney Darts Masters will be screened live on Fox Sports in Australia, following the huge success of PDC tournaments being broadcast by the channel in recent years.

TICKET INFORMATION
    Tickets will be priced as follows:
    Thursday August 29
    8x First Round Games
    Floor Seating $60
    Tiered Seating $40
    Friday August 30
    4x Quarter-Finals
    Floor Seating $65
    Tiered Seating $45
    Saturday August 31
    Semi-Finals & Final
    Floor Seating $70
    Tiered Seating $50
    Season Tickets
    Floor Seating $165
    Tiered Seating $120
    Entrants to the qualifiers can buy a Floor Season Ticket for $150
    Booking fees are $5 for GST regular mail or e-ticket costs. Additional is a $3.95 transaction fee per booking, plus 2% credit charge.
    Tickets will go on sale on Friday June 14 at 9am (Australian time) through www.bigtopsydney.com or by Telephone on 1300 BIG TOP.
    QUALIFIERS INFORMATION
    The three Qualifiers will be held on Sunday August 25, Monday August 26 and Tuesday August 27.
    Entry to the Qualifiers costs $35 per event will be available through the DPA via http://dartplayersaustralia.com/onli...line-entry.htm.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

is there a 15 drink minimum for audience members

Banned
    Is this before you arrive or as you are leaving???

would be shit in straya. rsa and all that.
    we will loose

clearly never been out in sydney on a saturday night snake
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

the wiz (y)

Would advise anyone with even a remote interest in darts to go to this, it will be awesome. Had the pleasure of seeing the power last year up on the gold coast and it was unbelievable. Some talented aussie guys will be going up against the pro's as well so there may be a few upsets.

Is there a priority register like the FFA and CA have for pre sales? I'll be booking a kid free weekend in Sydney with the wife and trying to get Friday & Sat night tickets. GVE v Taylor would be brilliant to see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Is there a priority register like the FFA and CA have for pre sales? I'll be booking a kid free weekend in Sydney with the wife and trying to get Friday & Sat night tickets. GVE v Taylor would be brilliant to see.

Phil Taylor throwing darts at GVE would be a good laff . When is this on??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Phil Taylor throwing darts at GVE would be a good laff . When is this on??
    You have got me mate, I'll learn not to post while I'm pissed next time What I meant to post was Phil Taylor v MVG would be brilliant to see.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    You have got me mate, I'll learn not to post while I'm pissed next time What I meant to post was Phil Taylor v MVG would be brilliant to see.
    If Van Gerwen turns up and has his game on he is the best going around. That World Championship Final Phil was shooting with his arse out to stay with him for the first few sets. Then MVG dropped off and Phil came home over the top.

If MVG can develop the consistency he lacks in 20 years time he will have a record somewhere near Phil's. If not he will win a few sporadic titles and everyone will think if only he got it together he could have been anything