Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match Day 9 | Melbourne Victory v Newcastle Jets

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Do we have a CDM tonight?
    Beka.

That's soft...
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Has our luck finally changed?

Happy to take GF karma credits from these turd Tards tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Beka.
    He’s gonna look so good in red n black next month.
    When the Sydney clubs only transfer window opens.

Who is this Mauragis guy?

5 to go. Will it be a classic Jets finish? Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory? (No pun intended)

Geez, did my internet just lag or did sav just get chased down from a 10m head start

5 minutes extra time. We're screwed

5 minutes extra time. We're screwed
    Poppa-time

Hardly a good performance but **** I’ll take 3 points any day of the week

Banned
    Must thank the guys at Smufs FC who have put the brown paper bag into the ref at HT

The dodgy send off and weak penalty the second half to turn arpund a defecit are the type of things that happen to Smurfs FC not the Jets

To be fair even against 10 men we were ****ing garbage tonight

Take the charity though

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Must thank the guys at Smufs FC who have put the brown paper bag into the ref at HT

The dodgy send off and weak penalty the second half to turn arpund a defecit are the type of things that happen to Smurfs FC not the Jets

To be fair even against 10 men we were ****ing garbage tonight

Take the charity though
    Would I be wrong if I say Brisbane were not always pretty under Ange?.... In Few games, decisions went their way, like us tonight but they always stick to their style, fought to the end and got the points
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Would I be wrong if I say Brisbane were not always pretty under Ange?.... In Few games, decisions went their way, like us tonight but they always stick to their style, fought to the end and got the points
    I wouldn't say we turned that around through our philosophy eventually wearing the other team down

We were odds on to be better in the second half as we couldn't string 3 passes together in the first

The game definitely changed after the send off

Whether we would have dominated the period from 50 mins to 70 mins like we did if Victree had 11 men I doubt

The send off changed the game gave us encouragement

We did enough to take advantage of our fortune but I wouldn't say we really done enough in the last 40 mins against 10 men

If anything we scraped to a lead from a soft penalty and hung on and allowed a 10 men side opportunities to get a draw

We are a work in progress

Just a mention for the spectacular 40 meter assist that Penha produced: that level of precision and accuracy is top shelf.
    Also, kudos to Yuel for believing, his touch was just as lovely.

I have noticed, Penha is doing lots of this through passes from 5-10 m outside the box, but the vast majority of them are not understood and our midfield/forwards don't make a run.
    When they do, it often results in a goal or a big chance (see Thurgate vs. City).
    If they learn to read his passing, this guy is a gold mine.
    Last edited by mic22; 13-02-2022 at 11:39 AM.

As somebody said the other game, we were the much better team and dropped points.
    Considering this the karma balance of getting the points when we probably didn’t deserve all 3.

Good to see Mauragis back in the picture.
    Thought Beka was excellent, really like what he brings.

Not sold on the Arques - prefer O’Doherty and Thurgate in that role.
    Grozos and savvas aren’t really filling me with much joy either.

Penha is a welcome addition. Some maturity in his play would go a long way. He’s certainly capable of that x-factor pass or shot. Just needs to get his shots on target % and passing accuracy up a bit. In saying that, I like the dynamic of Thurgate and O’Doherty holding the midfield while he roams. Boumal and Yuel are both handy every second game. That finish. If that was ninkotwat or even Maclaren we’d be still wiping up the jizz from commentators.

Don’t think I was as annoyed watching Regan play as I was I was Jurman. Except when he was gassed after 60. But expected I guess. Interested to see more of him. He’s not the answer to our backline, but I’d love to see some repercussions for repeated poor performances.

Argues and Grozos were poor in my view. Argues unsighted.

Agree 100% left the centre of the pitch wide open
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I thought strange decision from the gaffer to just throw him in the deep end and start him after being unsighted

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I thought strange decision from the gaffer to just throw him in the deep end and start him after being unsighted
    Given Jimmy G's tweet earlier in the week, I agree he was a surprise - but O'Doherty and Gussy need a rest, so rotation was inevitable. Mo Al-Taay will be disappointed not to start but he either hasn't done enough to earn it or we wanted Arques guidance. Funny that before kick off you saw him encouraging the team to "talk-talk" but you saw nothing of him directing, coordinating - don't know if that's his role but my bias was confirmed.

Listening to the match, the effect mics were picking up someone yelling at "Mario" quite a bit. Listen to it just before the goal. His mobility isn't up to what is needed for our system in that role. We'd need to play 2 beside him or put him in the 10 - which i'd be reluctant to do on both counts at this stage.

However, we earned 3 points (not completely deserved IMO) and JO'D got a break so it's a good outcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Given Jimmy G's tweet earlier in the week, I agree he was a surprise - but O'Doherty and Gussy need a rest, so rotation was inevitable. Mo Al-Taay will be disappointed not to start but he either hasn't done enough to earn it or we wanted Arques guidance. Funny that before kick off you saw him encouraging the team to "talk-talk" but you saw nothing of him directing, coordinating - don't know if that's his role but my bias was confirmed.

Listening to the match, the effect mics were picking up someone yelling at "Mario" quite a bit. Listen to it just before the goal. His mobility isn't up to what is needed for our system in that role. We'd need to play 2 beside him or put him in the 10 - which i'd be reluctant to do on both counts at this stage.

However, we earned 3 points (not completely deserved IMO) and JO'D got a break so it's a good outcome.
    I think O'Doherty alongside him would be a huge step up from Grozos, especially in terms of defensive cover and work rate.

Another point is that in the games where we've played well he would probably look a lot better. In the first half we barely strung 5 passes together before turning it over. If we were bossing possession like in some other games this season, I think he may look a lot different.

Last thought is that he often dropped in to the back line to play the conductor role. I wonder if this was a tactic to cover for Regan and get some ball playing out from the back. I don't think we've seen the CDM dropping in between the CBs too much this season.
    Last edited by Macca; 14-02-2022 at 09:39 AM.