Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game I think 10

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Hof is too old for chasing right wingers, Gus is not creative enough for mids, swap. Discus
    Gus is our best player easily
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Gus is great, Hoffy is done. I'm loving how far Thurgate has progressed over the last 2 seasons. Never thought much of the Hoff but he's always worked hard and been serviceable. Typical "Newy" but unfortunately he's no longer up to it

Questions have to be asked of Papas when it comes to Hoff staying on the pitch at LB. Either he doesn’t view Mauragis or Murnane as being better then Hoff or neither of them are up to scratch as far as fitness but I really don’t see how either of these could be the truth.

As far as Thurgate is concerned, I think it’s clear that this team falls apart the second Thurgate and O’Doherty aren’t in the centre of the pitch. They both click very well and I think both of them are quite key to this teams success

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325;2***30
    Questions have to be asked of Papas when it comes to Hoff staying on the pitch at LB. Either he doesn’t view Mauragis or Murnane as being better then Hoff or neither of them are up to scratch as far as fitness but I really don’t see how either of these could be the truth.

As far as Thurgate is concerned, I think it’s clear that this team falls apart the second Thurgate and O’Doherty aren’t in the centre of the pitch. They both click very well and I think both of them are quite key to this teams success
    Spot on!

Murnane is getting caught out positionally and defensively. He's either still coming to terms with the style of play OR he's more attacking-minded than he is defensive.

Mauragis is hopefully training to a point where he's pushing Papas for selection. His cameo the other day was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Why he struggles on the left everything else you said is nonsense. One of the most consistent aleague players
    Consistently below average.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Beka was getting extremely frustrated at Yuel's attempts to ruin everything in the final 3rd. The amount of times Yuel's touch killed any attacking play was nearing triple figures. His second touch is a Tackle.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha;2***40
    Beka was getting extremely frustrated at Yuel's attempts to ruin everything in the final 3rd. The amount of times Yuel's touch killed any attacking play was nearing triple figures. His second touch is a Tackle.
    This is a problem he needs to work on - always looks rushed and more often than not gets the ball caught under his feet. Raw talent won't be enough.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha;2***40
    Yuel only really has one trick, If defenders read it he loses the ball nearly everytime he attacks, Needs to develop more variety to his attack
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET;2***43
    Yuel only really has one trick, If defenders read it he loses the ball nearly everytime he attacks, Needs to develop more variety to his attack
    Told you this around this time last season re Yuel, Glad too see you do come around and look forward to you getting there on Ingham.

Banned
    Hard to start with where our problems lie

Our Keeper is poor. Our CDs are below par. Reegz does not look up to HAL standards these days and is a bizarre signing

Our Fullbacks are also poor.
    This system we play we would improve out of sight if we actually had attacking threats in these roles. As much as that Gypo guy we last two seasons had issues in defence and attack we have gone backwards in these positions. Even his headless chicken style of play would pose a giant threat on the way we play

The bigger issue I see is our defence.
    Elsey is HAL level plodder but not a good CD at this level. Jurman is slow and looks like he is getting by on experience rather than ability

Both are a massive downgrade on an ageing Boogaard and an ancient Topor

This needs sorting ASAP because we are giving away some soft goals

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS;2***49
    Hard to start with where our problems lie

Our Keeper is poor. Our CDs are below par. Reegz does not look up to HAL standards these days and is a bizarre signing

Our Fullbacks are also poor.
    This system we play we would improve out of sight if we actually had attacking threats in these roles. As much as that Gypo guy we last two seasons had issues in defence and attack we have gone backwards in these positions. Even his headless chicken style of play would pose a giant threat on the way we play

The bigger issue I see is our defence.
    Elsey is HAL level plodder but not a good CD at this level. Jurman is slow and looks like he is getting by on experience rather than ability

Both are a massive downgrade on an ageing Boogaard and an ancient Topor

This needs sorting ASAP because we are giving away some soft goals
    I agree with all of this

Hoping Jurman is still injured because with Reegz out with a red we’re gonna have to resort to either Al-Taay or Warland who can finally get a longer time in the game and hopefully prove themselves

The Hoff's effort and awareness is as good as anyone in the league. But he looks to be managing an injury at the moment and not physically where he wants to be.
    I don't think he's finished - just needs to shake a few injury/fitness issues.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster;2***51
    The Hoff's effort and awareness is as good as anyone in the league. But he looks to be managing an injury at the moment and not physically where he wants to be.
    I don't think he's finished - just needs to shake a few injury/fitness issues.
    He looks like he been playing injured for 2 years now though

I got no drama with us playing him at RB as he is defensively solid in this role but nowhere else in the team

Forgetting the aspects of everyone loves to the put shit on Hoff the reality is we can do a lot better than what he can offer us in his position and we really should be looking to upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS;2***52
    He looks like he been playing injured for 2 years now though

I got no drama with us playing him at RB as he is defensively solid in this role but nowhere else in the team

Forgetting the aspects of everyone loves to the put shit on Hoff the reality is we can do a lot better than what he can offer us in his position and we really should be looking to upgrade
    Where is Mauragis?