Thread: WU - Jets 5/3/22

WU - Jets 5/3/22

Our defence is beyond embarrassing.
    And to think we let Topor go for this rubbish...
    Last edited by mic22; 05-03-2022 at 05:30 PM.

Banned
    Not that it cost us the game but how the **** did Topors Red Card get overturned??

Studs up gets Boumal on the thigh

It clear as day a foul and the original decision was not an obvious error

It is a disgrace that decision can be overturned

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Not that it cost us the game but how the **** did Topors Red Card get overturned??

My thoughts would be the bloke with the whistle is more in tune for a role in a world war 1 movie than the rules of the game he is officiating

Should have kept Topor.

Poor from Jack Duncan.....Jamie Young would have collected that ball and anyone within 1.5m.

Again, not bad but lacking that bit extra to win games.

I'll wait while everyone catches up
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Once it's given, there's no way a ref should have been able to overturn it. What could he have missed that changed his mind in slow mo?

I know it wasn't a hard tackle, and Boumal was totally fine, but he still was reckless and kicked him well above the waistline and down his front. That late in the game, with the result basically wrapped up, he's better to just stick to his decision and let the association overturn the suspension if they wanted. Now he made an already piss poor performance by him the talk of the week instead of Duncan's shit show, yet again, and our defence looking as bad as usual.

Jeez Western United are rubbish at football as well, them being top of table shows how bad this season has been footballing wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

I agree. When it's given a red card and his foot is that high (he's even off the ground with both feet when he goes in ffs) and he makes clear contact with his stomach, how on earth can you overturn it?

Whether it's a red in the first place in another discussion, but once it's a red it's definitely not a clear and obvious error at all.

The ref is this game and last night in the Victory game both had terrible performances. The whole standard of the a-league this year isn't great. The fact Western is top of the table is disgusting

I think with the ball we are good enough to be much further up the ladder. It's just our defence constantly letting us down, the defending for that second goal is terrible. Duncan needs to make sure he gets that ball.

Also how shit is paramount. I was willing to give them time at the start of the season but there was no pre game show for our game. The audio was a shambles at the start. They're still rewinding replays when they put them on screen, then by the time it gets to the action they've run out of time and they cut away. I thought paramount was a step forward, but I fear it's starting to have a real negative effect

Ok ref was bad, but irrelevant in the end.
    What was really bad is ball watching on the 1st goal, and the ballet on the goal line on the 2nd goal. FFS.

Starting Hoffman is a declaration of mediocrity: we're aiming for 7th-8th. I feel sorry for Hoff, top bloke, but give Mauragis a chance, at least use this year to develop a young player.

Our striker has scored only 3 goals from play in 13 games, same as Thurgate: it's not enough. Nothing against Beka, I don't know if he's just getting bad service or maybe he should get more involved and create his own chances.

Our goals have mostly originated from Penha's inventions, we need to build a team around him (if he stays).

Best defence in the league with our reject.
    Not saying he was the solution or the step forward, I hope Elsey and Jurman prove me wrong, but atm I don’t see how NTS can’t make our 11.
    Jurman and Elsey are a poor central defence combo. Maybe with a different partner who compliments them, they may shine, but for me, they are too similar and too slow.

The red. Agree with everything. Can live with them deeming it a yellow, at the time. Don’t think there’s any evidence to overturn that decision. Studs, high contact. What’s to argue once the red is given? Is it obvious error? Not at all. Anyway.

Just wanna highlight how brilliant it is to see Thurgate tracking down attackers in the 90th minute 2-1 down is exactly the desire I want to see. FMD give him the captains armband.

Thurgate was bloody awesome. Literally covering the whole field - bundles a goal in on the goal line, clears a certain goal (almost) off our goal line.

I've tried to hold off making judgement on the centre back pairing, but it just doesn't seem to be working. More broadly, we are always allowing the opposition so much space on set pieces. Lacroix had metres of space around him. Duncan didn't show enough mongrel to get to that ball. It was his and he had no awareness of where the opposition were.

Our attack is the opposite of incisive. We cannot unpick anybody at the moment. We never looked like scoring and even when we did it still didn't look like we did.

The refereeing didn't cost us the match, but it was particularly woeful. The tackle by Penha from behind was a masterclass in how to do it - he never even touched Kilkenny(?) and got nothing but ball and somehow he gets penalised? Thurgate didn't deserve a yellow (but i wouldn't have had a problem with a free kick). And far out that was some terrible officiating all round for the non-red card for Topor. Take a second, check with the AR and 4th and they probably would have said just a yellow. Having given the red though, I can't see how they could call that an obvious error. Topor was off the ground, studs up, leg extended, AND HE MADE CONTACT. It is merely luck that Boumal doesn't have a broken leg.

Finally, APL/paramount. Whoever was responsible for the broadcast should be held to account for having about 3 cameras for the whole broadcast. Thought i was watching a trial match at times. Also, Phil Moss is as shit a commentator as he was a coach.

We need a Goalkeeper. Duncan just isn't dominant enough in the six yard box and he couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

I fear for the integrity of the game when things like the NTS red card gets over-turned.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-03-2022 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    We need a Goalkeeper. Duncan just isn't dominant enough in the six yard box and he couldn't organise a root in a brothel.

I fear for the integrity of the game when things like the NTS red card gets over-turned.
    1. New keeper
    2. Jurman gooooooone
    3. Mauragis to start
    4. Hoffman to right back
    5. ok with Arques,Thurgate and Penha
    6. Resign Beka now

A change is needed, formation? players? coach? It's interesting that WSW changed the coach for poor results and they're equal with us

I don't think changing coach every 13 games is going to do us any good...

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    A change is needed, formation? players? coach? It's interesting that WSW changed the coach for poor results and they're equal with us
    Agree 100%