Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wello v Jets - 9/3/22 7:45pm

The worst part about how bad Elsey and Jurman are is that both are signed on for another season and I don’t see this club moving them on.

Also just piss weak in attack, how you can have that many shots and only a fraction are on target and then only a fraction of those go in the net is comedic.

This season looked so promising around the Wellington game and now I really am struggling to even wanna watch this team, this is more depressing then any of our wooden spoon seasons of the last couple of years and it isn’t close

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Papas will get himself sacked unless he adjusts certain tactics and squad selections
    Lol, who is going to sack him considering even when we are losing each week we are light years ahead of anything the Jets have had for years. I would rather win a spoon playing some off the best football in the league than finish 7th and play shit house GVE style football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Lol, who is going to sack him considering even when we are losing each week we are light years ahead of anything the Jets have had for years. I would rather win a spoon playing some off the best football in the league than finish 7th and play shit house GVE style football.
    This, sooooooo much.

We're light years ahead of where we've been the past few seasons. Teach our CD's to defend as per their speed and we may even make the semis

And if they had a stat for defensive errors we would be leading that one as well by a mile. Going to Adelaide on the weekend to watch these jokers could be an average decision.

We won xG tonight. Let's back it up this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

How many times do we give up goals right before half time and within 5 from the end? Must have the worst record in the league for that. Appalling from 'professional' footballers.

Let's pass the hat around and buy out Elsey's contract. Can't be too much...

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Papas will get himself sacked unless he adjusts certain tactics and squad selections

Agree totally eh.

It would appear who ever does the best job literally under the table after training gets a start in the fullback spots but only til a pre determined like for like sub change FFS. I find the chopping n changing with the fullbacks and the lack of opportunity provided to Mouragis extremely friggn frustrating.

Jurman is only starting because he is our club captain and to bench him would reflect poorly on the coach and whoever else said yest to offering him a spot at the club. Will probs go down as the Lemon buy of the season across the entire league.

Paps should be under the pump and should rightly be asked has he got the answers to sort this shit show because the answer is not what he has been doing.

Unpopular opinion: Beka can't score from play. It's 3 from 14. Hope he proves me wrong soon.

Some pretty hot takes re Papas which is not unexpected. When you play high risk football you're bound to leak goals. Given we have zero money ( just remember we are owned by other clubs) i would like to think Papas is doing good under the circumstances. We are not last and we are certainly not as horrible as we were last season under Deans.

Rotate the squad but honestly who is going to replace Jurman & Elsey? Have you seen our lack of depth?
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Rotate the squad but honestly who is going to replace Jurman & Elsey? Have you seen our lack of depth?
    Give a youth player a crack. At least a kid will (should) be quicker. It couldn't go worse than it is already.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Give a youth player a crack. At least a kid will (should) be quicker. It couldn't go worse than it is already.
    Yes it can definitely go worse. Chuck a youth player in and watch him flounder which will affect him for the rest of his fledgling career. Great idea.

Yes it can definitely go worse. Chuck a youth player in and watch him flounder which will affect him for the rest of his fledgling career. Great idea.
    Using your logic, no youth player will ever get a crack. Maybe the opposite of your pessimistic view will occur. All first team players debut at some time. We wouldn't have Thurgate if he hadn't been given a chance
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

The goldfishes calling for Papas's head think this is FIFA and not the real world.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The goldfishes calling for Papas's head think this is FIFA and not the real world.
    We are playing a high risk, attack minded brand of football with a squad put together with money from a jar and are still achieving better than i thought we would. It's a far cry from the absolute dross served up last year.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    Unpopular opinion: Beka can't score from play. It's 3 from 14. Hope he proves me wrong soon.
    You're right mic - not an opinion I share.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

We are playing a high risk, attack minded brand of football with a squad put together with money from a jar and are still achieving better than i thought we would. It's a far cry from the absolute dross served up last year.

100%.

Papas only real big failing for me this year has been the supposedly league proven players he's relying on like Jurman, Elsey, Duncan and Hoffman. They SHOULD all be at least of average qualiy, but they have been stinking the place up all season. If he drops them and we play worse, all of a sudden he's created an issue within the squad with players who are set to be here next year. So I understand his reluctance to drop them, but it's been long enough and they've failed him too many times. Get Warland ready this week and start him beside Regan.

Attack-wise and general fluency of play - that was our best performance since we've been back. Sail was on his game last night but we really carved out some nice chances.

I like the balance of having Hoff on the right. We play better when he isn't on the left - be that Murnane or possible Mauragis (where the hell is he???) there.

Arques is looking better and better. He's freeing Thurgate. Boumal looked better on the right too.

Agree with Elsey and Jurman and the observations of others about Regan and Warland. Beka/Beqa (please correct on spelling) is looking isolated the last few games but was much more involved this game.

Wello didn't really press us - that's when we've had issues with City, WU etc. When teams come at us we shit ourselves and we turnover really quickly when our fullbacks have pushed higher up.

I wonder to solve this if a 3 at the back, use the fullbacks as they are, retain the current midfield 3 and remove the winger of Yuel/Silvera/Siatravanis who haven't really impressed and put Boumal up beside Mikeltadze...thoughts?

I wonder to solve this if a 3 at the back, use the fullbacks as they are, retain the current midfield 3 and remove the winger of Yuel/Silvera/Siatravanis who haven't really impressed and put Boumal up beside Mikeltadze...thoughts?
    I missed the WU game, family commitments, but looks like chasing at the end we went to a back 3 - was the above the general setup?

The system is the problem, not the players. It always is.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    The system is the problem, not the players. It always is.
    What?