Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wello v Jets - 9/3/22 7:45pm

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    The system is the problem, not the players. It always is.
    FMD

Have you watched us play EVER??

I am pretty certain it is our players that are the problem

Reality is that a lot of them are just not good enough at this level and we need to release them to the Gypos and WSW or the NPL

Got nothing to do with our for tactics or formations

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    The worst part about how bad Elsey and Jurman are is that both are signed on for another season and I don’t see this club moving them on.

Also just piss weak in attack, how you can have that many shots and only a fraction are on target and then only a fraction of those go in the net is comedic.

This season looked so promising around the Wellington game and now I really am struggling to even wanna watch this team, this is more depressing then any of our wooden spoon seasons of the last couple of years and it isn’t close
    What exactly is depressing about the Jets at the moment??

We have played 9 games in 39 days with a paper thin squad. If we can turn football on like we did last night after a torrid period like we have had we are on the right path

I think you need to reassess your position because the most irritating thing with the Jets at the moment is we ain't picking up the points we should be doing

The system is the problem, not the players. It always is.

Bahahahahaha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FMD

Reality is that a lot of them are just not good enough at this level and we need to release them to the Gypos and WSW or the NPL

Spot on. Anyone whinging about how the Jets are playing think back to last year or the Stubbins era when we couldn’t have scored in a brothel with a hand full of fifties. We were boring as hell and proper rubbish. This year we have attacked teams, showed no fear and I have been happy to watch this version of the Jets. Yes I have left frustrated at times but that’s cause we have played well for not a win. But least we are playing a style that we are chance of winning.
    Those that say sack Papas need their head read

Gotta say I agree. It is very frustrating watching them at the moment. But the main reason for that is that they actually look like they should be winning games, and have potential to do damage. The fact that its not clicking yet and we aren't getting results sucks.

But I'd much rather that and watch us put on a good performance for 90+% of a match (granted it has only been every second match since returning from lockdown), than them actually be very poor and be less frustrated out of pure apathy.

I do think the defence is an issue and has been all season. I have not rated Jurman at all, and would have rathered us kept Topor or even Boogs if he wanted to go round again. Topor would struggle with the ball playing but I've actually rated Elsey's passing in general, unlike Jurman, and its not uncommon to only have one of the CBs be the ball player. Boogs would have done well. Being where we are though, I would think against teams looking to counter with pace, that pairing just doesn't work. Swap out Jurman for Warland or put Hoff in CB, we can't have every long ball all game creating goal scoring opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FMD

The first thing to go will be the system, followed closely by the coach, if they can't develop a new system that uses the strengths of the playing group. The current system demands a high number of goals to be scored.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Banned
    The first thing to go will be the system, followed closely by the coach, if they can't develop a new system that uses the strengths of the playing group. The current system demands a high number of goals to be scored.
    Our current system requires better fullbacks and centrebacks and keeper than we currently have. A much better DM playing at 6 than Arques is also required

I got no problem with Arques on the ball but defensively he could be better and seems to not control that position like Isais did at Adelaide for years

Jurman is passed it or shitter than I had ever given him credit for

Elsey is a loose cannon defensively who makes mistakes

Our fullbacks defensively are not up to it at this level

Duncan is indecisive in the air which harms us at set pieces and doesn't make that much in the way of saves

My gripe will be with Pappas next season if these positions aren't addressed with better personnel than we currently have

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Bahahahahaha.
    Some people have been doing this for a long time and party tricks over wins make you a fukwit

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    You're right mic - not an opinion I share.
    I should have said "unpopular stat"

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    I should have said "unpopular stat"
    I tend to agree with you mic, seems to be a bit of a show pony. The refs have been strangely kind to us with pens this year

I tend to agree with you mic, seems to be a bit of a show pony. The refs have been strangely kind to us with pens this year
    I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he's probably not the classic striker who can potentially score 15/20 goals in a season: he does not get in the right positions to do that (and no headers).

I think he performed better when he was moved to an attacking mid position - or he could be an excellent second striker, but that doesn't suit the current formation