Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ADL v Jets - 13/3/2022

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Sign Angus to a 5 year contract and make him captain.

He won’t be here next season.
    If we have to lose him I'd rather we do it after this season and actually get compensated for him. Scary to think the midfield this season could have been thurgate and devlin with Penha above them.

If we don’t sort out our defence before start of next season, I’ll be firmly in the Paps out brigade.
    On paper, Elsey and Jurman wasn’t a Terrible intention or plan. But frailties have been exposed. I think individually they could probably offer something if paired with somebody who compliments them. Jurman has Socceroo experience and Elsey has youth on his side (compared to your Topors etc) but together they don’t work.

Our general gameplay is tonnes better than it has been for some time.
    It’s just those lapses and we always look like we are going to concede.
    I had more faith in Boogs and Topor keeping a clean sheet than I do Jurman and Elsey, and that’s saying something.

We need a better keeper, I don’t think the defenders have confidence in Duncan.
    Jurman is to slow to try to play the high line we do and Elsey has stepped into midfield a couple of times and had us caught out.
    I don’t mind out DM options but do feel a taller more robust option might be a better pick up if possible.
    If we could get Angus and Penha playing 8s/10s somehow we would be a heap better…….as long as we learn you don’t have to either score from 30yds or 3yds..this is killing us.
    Beka is a must and we need to fix things so he goes nowhere else in the league.
    Fullback and wide miss are problems areas…Lucas needs a run and we need a solid right back.

Some one needs to tell hoff to **** off his runs forward straight towards the middle of the box..he plugs a channel there.
    The coach needs to make better subs and stop making them just for the sake of it.
    Babalj has offered very little off the bench so start giving Goodwin minutes.

I can't say I've noticed a marked improvement in our defence since the new keeper came in.

Might be time for a back four, no wingbacks, and take it from there. Fix the defence and the rest will follow.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I can't say I've noticed a marked improvement in our defence since the new keeper came in.
    I have. Weier is way more confident and assured in everything a keeper has to do. Not his fault our defence is garbage and leaving him high and dry

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I have. Weier is way more confident and assured in everything a keeper has to do. Not his fault our defence is garbage and leaving him high and dry
    I dont think you read the post correctly. Weier coming in hasnt improved the defence at all. Its more of the same.

Duncan and Weier are both the same in terms of ability. Adelaide's winner came from Weier not committing himself to the cross enough hence why Toure got there ahead of him.

It's easy to watch a game with a biased view. It's also super easy to criticise goalkeepers when you dont play the position either.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I dont think you read the post correctly. Weier coming in hasnt improved the defence at all. Its more of the same.

Duncan and Weier are both the same in terms of ability. Adelaide's winner came from Weier not committing himself to the cross enough hence why Toure got there ahead of him.

It's easy to watch a game with a biased view. It's also super easy to criticise goalkeepers when you dont play the position either.
    Never has any issue with Duncan before he left to the saudi league. Actually rated him. Since he's come back haven't been impressed at all and confused as to why he has regressed

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Never has any issue with Duncan before he left to the saudi league. Actually rated him. Since he's come back haven't been impressed at all and confused as to why he has regressed
    Once again you haven't read the post correctly. Go forth
    Jaliens gives me the horn