Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa 13

Fifa 13

What are people's thoughts so far?

I like the options and flexibility in the manager mode when dealing with player transfers. A good addition.

Shame to see the My Player section go, however.

Controls and movement are good. The real life touch is a great addition.

Think it's more realistic with regard to player control etc as well.
    Overall pretty good though frustrating, the changes have played perfectly in to the hands of players that like to get tricky and slow the game down.
    I've always been about moving the ball constantly and I'm getting frustrated by players miss controlling or taking a heavy touch.

Shooting is a lot more realistic as well.

The whole interface is as bloated and slow as ever. Really wish they would ditch all this flashy animations and shit so that it could be a little more responsive.

WTB Heskey.

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post
    Think it's more realistic with regard to player control etc as well.
    Overall pretty good though frustrating, the changes have played perfectly in to the hands of players that like to get tricky and slow the game down.
    I've always been about moving the ball constantly and I'm getting frustrated by players miss controlling or taking a heavy touch.

Shooting is a lot more realistic as well.

The whole interface is as bloated and slow as ever. Really wish they would ditch all this flashy animations and shit so that it could be a little more responsive.

WTB Heskey.
    I agree with the interface issues. They are sluggish and the pace at which the manager mode moves annoys me already.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    the game seems so quick.

Had dinner last night with a bloke who works for Sony, who doesn't like 'soccer' but has been 'testing' fifa13 at work for a fortnight and he loves it.

He's adamant if you don't play connected to the net you are missing 80% of the game.
    Data is updated every 12hrs, and in league mode if there is crowd trouble in real life, there will be crowd trouble on the game... Injuries IRL will effect players even if on the ball, he said he was running through on goal and the player hit the deck, got stretchered off with no-one around.... After a quick google sarch the player got injured in training, so when the data synced, the game knew he couldn't run.

I haven't had FIFA since FIFA 96 and don't play computer games.... Is all this a major new change? Or am I totally out of the loop.

Give me subbuteo anyday

Having my first crack at FUT after being persuaded by mates, it's ok, though I prefer manager mode tbh. I'm waiting for the squad update to include Heskey then I'm having a crack with Jets. Pity it doesn't include the other asian leagues = no ACL.
    WTB more real life stadia as well, should have at least one for each each league. Can't really imagine it would be that much work all things considered.

Injuries IRL will effect players even if on the ball, he said he was running through on goal and the player hit the deck, got stretchered off with no-one around.... After a quick google sarch the player got injured in training, so when the data synced, the game knew he couldn't run.
    This kinda shiz pisses me off and is very "NBA", they have live seasons where every players form is relative to how they are playing in the real world.

I like having my own universe in manager mode.
    Last edited by russjaybee; 28-09-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: SPEELung

Quote Originally Posted by russjaybee View Post

I like having my own universe in manager mode.
    This. 2 options would be nice.

Still playing the demo, haven't had a chance to get to the shops. That's tomorrow's job haha. Worth it? Improved on Fifa 12?

PES is far better

I haven't had PES for some time now. I did enjoy the gameplay a bit better than FIFA, seemed more realistic. But the Licensing of FIFA makes it a winner in my books. No fun playing with Merseyside, London City etc.

I started a new Master League campaign in PES the other day.

PES 2011 that is.

On the Wii.

Picked it up last night, going to getstuck in to it over the weekend.

Anyone have it on xbox?

I'll be getting it on xbox.

PES 2013 is actually pretty good.

Going well got it for $69 at dick smiths

Agree the ball control is great

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Going well got it for $69 at dick smiths

Agree the ball control is great
    Traded in a bunch of Wii games I haven't played in years and price matched at eb, same price. Woop.

Also had enough left to buy some headphones.

Going to play a shed load of clubs this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Traded in a bunch of Wii games I haven't played in years and price matched at eb, same price. Woop.

Also had enough left to buy some headphones.

Going to play a shed load of clubs this weekend.
    Good idea, dick smiths was selling fifa 12 for $60, not sure how much I would have got had I done a trade in.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    PES 2013 is actually pretty good.
    Played the demo and it was pretty good. Only issue was that every shot went dead straight for me, whereas in FIFA it does tip and curve a bit more. Unless Ronaldo hits it, then all bets are off, FFS.

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on the special covers? I think they're a good idea to help increase sales.

Leyton Orient (Npower League 1)
    image.jpg

Tottenham Hotspurs
    image.jpg
    Last edited by Thomas477; 28-09-2012 at 11:43 PM.

This game is more annoying than enjoyable. Every cpu team plays like Barcelona and the game speed is just crazily fast for whatever reason. It seems like the developers focused on working inconsistent touches into the game in an attempt to make it more realistic (in reality, it's just plain infuriating) and forgot to make the game actually close to real life football.

Who players CPU teams? 90% of this game is about online, if you are playing offline against CPU, you are doing it wrong.

Newcastle United. Honestly, play some through balls to Ba and Cisse, easy shit. I got destroyed the first few games by them. Decided to play with them, easily dominated 90% of games. Shit method to win though. Keeper can pump long balls and they run onto them.

Played a bit with Liverpool, Borrussia so far. Good to play the ball around with.

One thing i have noticed is that its harder to win tackles. 80% of the time, you tackle the ball to one of their players, or another of your teammates who's first touch is shit and gives it straight back to them. Refereeing has improved. I also think it's easier to score this year from distance. Previously, having a shot from outside the 18 was a 1 in 100 chance. Now its like, 1 in 20.