Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fifa 13

FIFA peaked at rtwc '98, when it had the professional foul and dive button.

plus I am too old to be good at video games these days, unless it is thrasher or counterstrike or super street fighter 2
    Last edited by q-money; 01-10-2012 at 11:50 PM.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    counterstrike
    Novocastria Youth

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    career mode is sending me to an early grave

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    career mode is sending me to an early grave
    it started out fine, played on season and was enjoying it, but that was in a shit league, got a better team in second season, and it is just infuriating how easy the opposition find it to play the ball around, because your own AI defence does not even know how to stick close to the guy they are marking, telling the team to use 'High Pressure' does nothing but move the defensive line forward 10m

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    FIFA peaked at rtwc '98, when it had the professional foul and dive button.

plus I am too old to be good at video games these days, unless it is thrasher or counterstrike or super street fighter 2
    If it weren't for that game, I would still be a rugby league bogan and would never have fell in love with football. RTWC, brilliant.

Ok I gave this game a decent workout over the weekend, building up a frenchy FUT squad and playing the CPU based tournaments you can play to learn the game and earn coin.

Really enjoying it more as I learn how to play. The general game play has changed a lot, for the better imo as well.

I find that now you can't just sprint on to balls etc, the ball movement is much quicker and the passing is much sharper.

Ball movement, whether it be passing or shooting is much better and the amount of different styled passes is heaps better as well, makes the game look and play slick.

I find my self at lot less frustrated with the movement of other CPU players around me. EG Previously when the ball was hoofed long to one of your CB's you would often have the wide back coming in running towards you, this frustrated the shit out of me.

Generally I'm enjoying the game heaps!

I gave Pro Clubs a decent workout on the weekend... ugh.

Was a GK last year and was immense but this year I don't know if it was the few drinks I had or the wee hours of the morning but I absolutely sucked at it. Don't know if the controls have changed heaps but my pro just did stupid things that I didn't seem to be able to control.

Worst example was a massively overhit lofted through ball that was going to land just outside the 6yd box, slightly left of centre. Moved my guy out there in position for an easy, completely unopposed catch... and he punched it out to the oncoming striker, 15 yards outside the box and off to the right who shot it straight in to the open net. I mean wtf, really.

Also a bunch of stupid things that may or may not be my fault... clearly diving in the right direction for a shot but no use of the arms, essentially just falls over and watches the ball trickle past his head. Same thing happened with a shot from distance that was straight AT me, instead of it hitting him, he fell over backwards, Matrix style with arms flapping as if he was avoiding the fecking thing.

Played the last dozen or so games as LB, much more comfortable there, got a few assists. No more GK, I think

Maybe it's just because you're starting of with really avg stats or something? Seems strange.

Yeh I played some Pro Clubs as well, lots of fun! Though a little laggy at times and so many dirty hogs. Played a few games at RB and CM, good fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Give me subbuteo anyday
    This ^^^......close thread.

Playing with the Jets last night on FIFA, the crowd started booing everytime Zad got the ball playing Sydney FC. Tyler then comes on to say "Oh its apparent the crowd don't like this player" or something like that.

Very very good. Waiting to play the Gypos and see if Hutcho cops the same treatement.

Turns out I might not be really shit at the game, just that my connection is rubbish and the huge lag I experience in clubs games is actually an issue

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Playing with the Jets last night on FIFA, the crowd started booing everytime Zad got the ball playing Sydney FC. Tyler then comes on to say "Oh its apparent the crowd don't like this player" or something like that.

Very very good. Waiting to play the Gypos and see if Hutcho cops the same treatement.
    This also happens when weak ankles Bridge gets the ball when playing in Newy. Awesome.

can't wait for the day when you see managers/assistant managers get up and yell abuse from the sidelines - the boos for craig deans are going to be terrific.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    This also happens when weak ankles Bridge gets the ball when playing in Newy. Awesome.
    Didn't know that. He never gets game time

Banned
    Does the game have a rousing rendition of Heskey's bitch every time Eugene gets the ball for Adelaide if not a patch is required to fix for accuracy??

Heskey isn't even in the game so sadly, there is no rendition. I am pretty sure you should be able to put in a custom chant though, that is part and parcel of the whole experience of FIFA.

First touch is really random.

I've scored alot of goals from crossing it and the defenders from the other team first touching it terribly into their own net.

Impact engine is pretty much the same although it affects the ball physics rather differently to 2012.

ps The only reason to play FIFA is to watch Impact Engine fails.

First touch is only rubbish if you aren't pressing LT or LB or L1 or L2 (whichever one it is and relevant to your system).

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    First touch is only rubbish if you aren't pressing LT or LB or L1 or L2 (whichever one it is and relevant to your system).
    It was worse in the demo but in saying that, when vsing some of the better people in the country you have to risk the touch or your won't get anywhere or any opportunities.

I have no problems with the first touch, it's much better now. Previously it was a bit ridic how you could smash the ball around and every player would magically control it perfectly on the burst etc.

FUT is the bomb also.