Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 21/22 A-League Men | Match Day 18 | Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory

And with our GD we don't even go above the sCCuM.
    That should have been motivation enough tonight.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

The result is better than a loss. And in Perth that's all we can hope for really.

It will be interesting to see if they even comment on Reddy's non red card. Hopefully Papas is smart enough to mention it on camera or discuss it if asked. Make sure the refs look stupid so they "owe us one" at some point.

Penha's looked like a second yellow with all the card waving, so at least he only misses one week. No chance they extend it if they don't give Reddy a month off as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The result is better than a loss. And in Perth that's all we can hope for really.

It will be interesting to see if they even comment on Reddy's non red card. Hopefully Papas is smart enough to mention it on camera or discuss it if asked. Make sure the refs look stupid so they "owe us one" at some point.

Penha's looked like a second yellow with all the card waving, so at least he only misses one week. No chance they extend it if they don't give Reddy a month off as well.
    We had the chances to get the 3 points: these are the games we must win if we aim for the top 6.

As bad as it was, a red card to Reddy wouldn't have had an impact on the game at that stage.

Penha looked like a double yellow to me too, I hope it's true, he's too important.

Lacklustre performance but I'm happy to take a point from Perth. Normally we come back with nothing.

Thurgate looked really tired.

Am I the only one that thought Beka's chance was a tough one? Running away from goal, cutting it back across the body. Where was the support?

I just don't get the refereeing. I mean it was Kris griffith Jones in the VAR so that explains 80% of it, but the ref saw that handball and waved it away, and then replays showed his arm trailling out behind him as he turned. No VAR.

The red to penha was very soft but he lead with his arm so took his chances. I think he's got away with a few this season so maybe it's karma. I thought he was given a straight red, but again, it wasn't VAR that intervened, it was the 4th official. And then Reddy comes flying in from 50m away and slams o'doherty (probably with an open palm) and gets a yellow. Again, no VAR????

I'm just mystified about the grounds on which VAR can intervene.

Match result on keepup showing straight red.

Am I the only one that thought Beka's chance was a tough one? Running away from goal, cutting it back across the body. Where was the support?
    I think Beka did all the hard work very well to create that chance and he was very clever in doing so.
    Then he missed the easy bit: no support needed for that, any U16 would be expected to score with an open goal from that position imo.

He scores that every other time. Nobody will be kicking themselves harder than he will be
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

In isolation the result should have been a win. We had the chances.

In the context of the season, 7 points from the last 9 with no goals conceded is a significant turnaround
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

For as much as we should have won that game, im honestly happy to take a point from Perth away with another clean sheet

The 3 at the back is the way moving forward, Brandon Wilson looks real good and id look at signing him on for next season.

Duncan has really picked up these last two games, maybe the couple games on the bench did him some good and getting the spot back off of a technicality has seemingly made him lift his game a touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    The 3 at the back is the way moving forward, Brandon Wilson looks real good and id look at signing him on for next season.
    For some reason I'm not the biggest Wilson fan yet. I think he looks off the pace with the ball compared to someone like O'Doherty or Arques. Unless we need to hold a lead or are up against City, I would prefer he was on the bench while we try and score goals.

Jurman and Elsey offered more creative threat than he did on the ball, and we shouldn't need his defensive cover with 3 atb anyways if we can keep up our ball retention numbers.

Not a bad player by any means, just 3rd choice IMO to partner Angus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Couldn't even beat last placed youth team, last week looked promising but back to same old
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Know they are understrength but it’s hard not to enjoy this, surely.