Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AL 21/22 - Roar v Jets - SUNDAY 3RD APR 2022 4:05PM

A lot went wrong tonight for sure.

No Boumal and Penha had us off to a real bad start. Thurgate and Savvas behind Beka was a fraction as dangerous and in turn our midfield looked worse with Thurgate mostly higher up the pitch.

Ingham can’t have a starting spot next season, he’s truly awful and it’s amazing he stayed on the pitch as long as he did. Hoff starting at CB was also an awful choice, the back 3 works well but Hoff just isn’t suited to being a CB, should have given Warland some minutes.

Savvas needs to go, possibly one of our worst internationals and I’m not fully sold on Arques hanging around. He’s not a bad player but if this club can find Boumal, Penha and Beka then I’m sure it can find an international midfielder better then him.

Papas signed a striker with hardly any goals to his name, saying you can't go on overseas form. What? He's a dud
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Papas signed a striker with hardly any goals to his name, saying you can't go on overseas form. What? He's a dud
    We've got the 3rd best attack in the league, have already scored 6 more goals than we did all season last year with 7 more games to play. Compared to Ernie's 2nd place finish side who scored 2.1 goals a game, Papas team scores 1.6 a game this season, 0.9 goals per season last year for example.

You're allowed to be unhappy, but I'm still going to think you've never watched the Jets before if you keep coming out with these hot takes that make little sense.

We are all but safe from the spoon already, and still with a chance of either finals football or at least finishing above the Gypos. If you would have offered everyone that at the end of last season I don't know many people who wouldn't have taken that offer.
    Last edited by Frodo; 04-04-2022 at 11:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    We've got the 3rd best attack in the league, have already scored 6 more goals than we did all season last year with 7 more games to play. Compared to Ernie's 2nd place finish side who scored 2.1 goals a game, Papas team scores 1.6 a game this season, 0.9 goals per season last year for example.

You're allowed to be unhappy, but I'm still going to think you've never watched the Jets before if you keep coming out with these hot takes that make little sense.

We are all but safe from the spoon already, and still with a chance of either finals football or at least finishing above the Gypos. If you would have offered everyone that at the end of last season I don't know many people who wouldn't have taken that offer.
    To further support this, we've scored the second most goals at this stage of a season in our history as a club - NSL and A-League. We're free-scoring compared to our history.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

To further support this, we've scored the second most goals at this stage of a season in our history as a club - NSL and A-League. We're free-scoring compared to our history.
    This is why you're the master Jet. Love your work as always.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The use of meaningless and irrelevant stats to prove your points is a disgrace. Read the post. Shame on both of you

Beka is 2nd to maclaren for goals, not bad for a striker with no form.

Penha leading assists.

Think the bigger concern is our defence.

Maybe pappas can get us a few defenders with no overseas form.

The use of meaningless and irrelevant stats to prove your points is a disgrace. Read the post. Shame on both of you
    I normally ignore people who have a go at me on here, but you've particularly triggered me on this occasion. Well done.

So I can use meaningless and irrelevant stats to discuss your point to avoid being a disgrace, which striker are you talking about?

Are you talking about Mikeltadze?

Did he sign a striker from overseas with few goals? Yes - it's is a statement of fact he signed a striker but it's your perception the number is "few". But who cares what they did somewhere else? It's what they do for us.

So with that in mind here's my meaningless and irrelevant stats:
    * Beka is in the top 10 of OVERALL Jets players in the minutes per goal (mpg) with a goal per 177 minutes in competitive fixtures - A-League, NSL, Pre-Season Cup, FFA Cup, OCC and ACL.
    * His MPG rate is better than Griff, O'Donovan, Nabbout to name but a few..
    * At the top 3 on that list played a combined total of 9 matches which is hardly a large sample size....Beka has made 18 appearances so far by comparison
    * So, he's scoring at a high rate compared to other Jets across history, he's 9th of 129 scorers, which is Top 7%, or if you want, he's 9th from 252 players to pull on the shirt (Top 3.5%).

If that's what you want to call a "dud" then so be it. I'm happy with what he's delivering, as are many others.

I'll now depart in shame and disgrace.

For those interested, here is the Top 10
    1. Kwabena Appiah-Kubi - 2 appearance, 1 goal, goal every 36 minutes
    2. Chad Mansley - 3, 1, 45
    3. Joey Gibbs - 4, 1 ,97 mpg
    4. Archie Goodwin* - 10, 3, 136
    5. Sasho Petrovski - 42, 11, 150
    6. Eli Babalj* - 11, 1, 163
    7. Daniel McBreen - 36, 9, 166
    8. Adam Taggart - 44, 18, 168
    9. Alex Moreira - 19, 4, 177,
    9. Beka Mikeltadze - 18, 9, 177
    9. Riley McGree - 12, 5, 177
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 06-04-2022 at 07:42 AM.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

It was tongue in cheek, I'm not usually that tolerant. A lot of people including me don't rate stats that include penalties
    Last edited by My2BobsWorth; 06-04-2022 at 08:03 AM.

It was tongue in cheek, I'm not usually that tolerant. A lot of people including me don't rate stats that include penalties
    Hey, hey, hey... insult me all you want, I love it when people like yourself get offended with very minimal prodding, but talking crap about Jeterpool (and specifically his stats) is definitely crossing a line around here

If you don't understand how important the man is to this forum, and the Jets community in general, I'm sure many people will be happy to politely explain it to you. I'll even show you my Jeterpool tattoo if you'd like, it's quite large so I might need to show you in person to really understand how much I love the man, the legend, the stat master...

Is it a target on your bottom?

What do you mean by that?

Bottom, hehe.
    Last edited by Frodo; 06-04-2022 at 06:03 PM.

If that was meant to be humorous, you missed the mark. Pull your head in.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Unlike past seasons I think players will genuinely be happy to come here and be part of what Pappas is building.
    Even on our worst day now we are still worth watching - which is not something I'd have said in the past.
    When we get it right I think we play the best football in the league.

I just hope we have some cash reserves for when the other teams start bidding for Beka and Penha.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    If that was meant to be humorous, you missed the mark. Pull your head in.
    Nice pun there Furns

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Unlike past seasons I think players will genuinely be happy to come here and be part of what Pappas is building.
    Even on our worst day now we are still worth watching - which is not something I'd have said in the past.
    When we get it right I think we play the best football in the league.

I just hope we have some cash reserves for when the other teams start bidding for Beka and Penha.
    Beka has another season on his contract. Penha is the one who will be hot property should he be loaned again.

BUt you're right - we're more appealing than last season despite no real change in the financial outlook of the club.

I wonder what happened to all those "potential buyers" reported a few months back?

Banned
    Beka has another season on his contract. Penha is the one who will be hot property should he be loaned again.

BUt you're right - we're more appealing than last season despite no real change in the financial outlook of the club.

I wonder what happened to all those "potential buyers" reported a few months back?
    I suppose you want an answer that doesn't involve they were bullshitting us ??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I suppose you want an answer that doesn't involve they were bullshitting us ??
    I'm happy to take whatever. You, I and many on here have been around long enough to take ANY news about "potential" owners with a truckload of salt.

Buying an A-League club is a massively unattractive prospect. Losing money constantly with low levels of income/revenue, zero infrastructure as well.
    Jaliens gives me the horn