Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBN and NEW FM Rumours and player movements thread

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Drop to that level ? I think you are under estimating the New Fm competition.

Is Nathan ( Conclaves ) still at Belswans too ? They will be hard to beat, if Petit is going there too.
    Im not underestimating anything,
    It is only virtually a 1 - 2 team comp every year,
    And those teams are made up from players dropping back from NBN to help them get promoted.
    Take a look at the solo cup...

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Im not underestimating anything,
    It is only virtually a 1 - 2 team comp every year,
    And those teams are made up from players dropping back from NBN to help them get promoted.
    Take a look at the solo cup...
    i actually agree with this. westlakes id2s convincingly beat a full-strength singo team in preseason two years ago, and singo weren't even the worst team in newfm that year.

imo the sooner that comp is gone, the better. such a quality disparity between the top 2 teams & the rest of the league.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I find it hard to believe Pettit would go to New FM level. Surely he could easily get more cash playing NBN State League or even for a NSW State League Club if not wanted by a HAL club.

Just find it to hard to believe Belswans would even be in the contest to win a cash battle against Magic/Olympic etc and loyalty with your mates only goes so far with this
    Maybe he just wants to play for a bit less pressure, and have some fun and not compete with five or six strikers at magic.
    Good luck to Belswans if he is going there, with the right direction they could become a strong club, especially with their own ground.

Absolutely NO WAY would Pettit move to Belswans. Just at the end of last year I heard he was Moving to china or somewhere else in Asia to try and make a career out of football - would he get that at Belswans? No.

Strange thing to "confirm" tbh

I can confirm johnny maj has signed for lambton jaffas.
    i was told he was at their training session tonight also

Quote Originally Posted by david silva View Post
    Absolutely NO WAY would Pettit move to Belswans. Just at the end of last year I heard he was Moving to china or somewhere else in Asia to try and make a career out of football - would he get that at Belswans? No.

Strange thing to "confirm" tbh
    Well you're a fool not to believe me, I know for certain that both, Paul and Pettit are going there.
    Reason how I know this to be a fact, I'm involved in the club.

HOWEVER! I will stand corrected as I haven't heard anything else about the move in the past week.
    Last edited by supasub; 22-11-2012 at 09:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    Well you're a fool not to believe me, I know for certain that both, Paul and Pettit are going there.
    Reason how I know this to be a fact, I'm involved in the club.

HOWEVER! I will stand corrected as I haven't heard anything else about the move in the past week.
    So is it actually confirmed as you said???
    OR
    Did you just hear it, and now you havnt heard it?

Theres a big difference between that, and that its actually confirmed, signed and a done deal?

I also heard Berlin was going there but ran into him the other day and he laughed at me when i asked was he going to Belswans andsaidno mate, just a rumour someone started

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wise Man View Post
    So is it actually confirmed as you said???
    OR
    Did you just hear it, and now you havnt heard it?

Theres a big difference between that, and that its actually confirmed, signed and a done deal?

I also heard Berlin was going there but ran into him the other day and he laughed at me when i asked was he going to Belswans andsaidno mate, just a rumour someone started
    Enough of this doubting of what I legitimately know, if you want to call it just a rumor, then do so. I know, I'm just going to wait till season 13 and watch both Pettit and Paul run out onto blacksmiths oval and think to myself 'I told you so'
    P.s Berlin was never even approached or wanted at Belswans.

Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    P.s Berlin was never even approached or wanted at Belswans.
    ****...you must have a good squad
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

demon
    Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    ****...you must have a good squad
    very true.... its one thing to say a player wasn't approached another entirely to say never 'wanted'. If santa was visiting New FM coaches this year I doubt any would reject Berlin being in their stocking. And a bit insulting to that player also.

Quote Originally Posted by demon View Post
    very true.... its one thing to say a player wasn't approached another entirely to say never 'wanted'. If santa was visiting New FM coaches this year I doubt any would reject Berlin being in their stocking. And a bit insulting to that player also.

Not only that i think 9 out of the 10 teams in NBN will want him in there stocking, The tenth team
    he is to old for (jets youth).
    Mind you he is in his 30s and runs like a 20 year old.

Speaking of pettit i can confirm he is at magic. and why would a wing back compete with 5 STRIKERS.

And Berlin was Approached by belswans by Shane Pauls Dad.

All above Confirmed by a player of magic which is very close to both players. And also by there coach Chili

I can confirm johnny maj has signed for lambton jaffas.
    i was told he was at their training session tonight also
    thats a good signing for lambton
    who else have they picked up my mate and alot of the 23s from last year have moved onto mayfield

cheers

Firstly, thank god for a civilised conversation for once. This is the whole purpose of the forum, to voice opinions, listen, respond, learn, choose to ignore, move on.

Berlin would be an excellent signing for any team.
    Petit, could also play for practically any club in Newcastle and be an asset. Personally, I find it odd if he was going to play for belswans. Nothing against the club, though for somebody aspiring to be a professional footballer (jets, Asia etc) Playing in a second tier competition ANYWHERE, doesn't really make sense. On the other side, he may have given up, see this as an opportunity to challenge himself and take a bit of the pressure off.

Belswans, have a load of potential, all the best to them for their 2013 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    thats a good signing for lambton
    who else have they picked up my mate and alot of the 23s from last year have moved onto mayfield

cheers
    I have heard from my friend who has a son in the jaffas 17s that they have signed the following players;
    There is only 3 I know of that have been confirmed and been training;

Johnny Maj
    Abe Wheelhouse
    Tommy Smart

APparently they have kept their full team from this year apart from Mason Palmieri who doesnt want to play football anymore (waste of talent??)
    Not sure if anyone else knows of any others??

I also heard that Lakes have signed the Walker brothers from Olympic.

Thats at least 3 players left from the starting 11 in Olympics grand final tea, Maj, Tom Walker and Austin retired.

jimmy fogarty is at jaffas also
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Have heard Lakes were interested/had signed/gentleman's agreement with at least 1 players from Southy 23s.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    jimmy fogarty is at jaffas also
    What happened to there other goalie?
    Anyone know what club he went to

Quote Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
    What happened to there other goalie?
    Anyone know what club he went to
    They still have their goalie, he will be their first grade keeper

Heard lakes signed Bray Smith from Southy also

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Have heard Lakes were interested/had signed/gentleman's agreement with at least 1 players from Southy 23s.
    Who?

They still have their goalie, he will be their first grade keeper

Heard lakes signed Bray Smith from Southy also
    Fogarty hasn't gone to Lambton to be the 23's keeper