Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBN and NEW FM Rumours and player movements thread

Simon Mooney back to magic from year off.

I heard magic is fielding a AFL team this year. with the amount of regular first team players on there roster.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    with the sheer number of grammatical errors in that post it sounds more like it'll be a rugby league team

(also, just out of interest, Magic the club are probably about 1/3 the size of AFL the sport is in Newcastle)

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    From what I'm hearing from around the place is that the comp will be a 3 horse race with Adamstown, Bel Swans and Maitland all looking at spending fair amount of cash to get the promotion spot. Cessnock and Thornton look to be the surprise packets to battle it out for 4th spot.

I'm not sure how West Wallsend will go as I've heard of plenty of players using the exit door but not many coming in so I doubt they will put any pressure on the top 4.
    Don't disregard the stags, looking at their squad anything below top two would be disappointing

few returning stags in that toronto lineup
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Don't disregard the stags, looking at their squad anything below top two would be disappointing
    David Baillie....have never heard of any of the others
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Be carefull, every time the Stags get mentioned the local forum goes into a lock down

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    From what I'm hearing from around the place is that the comp will be a 3 horse race with Adamstown, Bel Swans and Maitland all looking at spending fair amount of cash to get the promotion spot. Cessnock and Thornton look to be the surprise packets to battle it out for 4th spot.
    I'm curious on how Thornton will be dark horses... Two years ago they where bottom of ZPL, got a political promotion last year to the bottom of NewFM... what's changed to make you think they will miraculously be competitive this year??

Also sorry if this has already been covered as I’m new to forum game but what happened with promotion from ZPL this year. A the start of the year four or five clubs where trumpeting about guaranteed promotion but all is silent now....

Quote Originally Posted by Doris View Post
    I'm curious on how Thornton will be dark horses... Two years ago they where bottom of ZPL, got a political promotion last year to the bottom of NewFM... what's changed to make you think they will miraculously be competitive this year??

Also sorry if this has already been covered as I’m new to forum game but what happened with promotion from ZPL this year. A the start of the year four or five clubs where trumpeting about guaranteed promotion but all is silent now....
    agreed...unless they have recruited insanely well i have no idea how they will avoid relegation let alone be competitive for top four.

Just think DMcallister will do a great job, and with the boys he took to Toronto going with him including Nathan they will be fighting out for spot four .

Top three shoe in but ...
    Last edited by Youaskedforit; 15-11-2012 at 03:34 PM.

The Federation did not allow promotion form ZPL to NEWFM this season.

Just think DMcallister will do a great job, and with the boys he took to Toronto going with him including Nathan they will be fighting out for spot four .

Top three shoe in but ...
    cause nathan is a quality player haha!the only reason he played 1st grade is cause of his dad

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    cause nathan is a quality player haha!the only reason he played 1st grade is cause of his dad
    thats unfair

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    The Federation did not allow promotion form ZPL to NEWFM this season.
    Did they give a reason for the change? I hope it wasn't because Thornton were so uncompetitive. They certainly were not reflective of the ZPL standard that year – from memory they were in the bottom two in all three grades... They were also soundly beaten in all three grades by ZPL teams in preseason to I believe....

Quote Originally Posted by magician View Post
    I watched Nathan play a few games at valo and also noticed him scoring a few goals including a bomb against the best keeper in newcastle (swanny) I didnt notice his dad kicking the ball for him

highly suspicious 1st post
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

no more talk on n-mac lads, regardless of good or bad. leave it at whatever you've said.

from what i'm led to believe, there's no promotion/relegation from zpl to newfm as the top two comps are meant to be picked on criteria, not results, so any team in newfm could earn promotion to nbn & have met the criteria (lights, grandstand, fence, etc, etc). if northern had their stuff together, they'd be going around to all the zpl clubs & getting them ready for a jump to a premier comp (looking into what criteria every club doesn't meet, and helping them meet it, etc) then zl1, zl2 & zl3 teams until they could (one day) have every team eligible to play state league. but to me it seems as if they're only keen/willing to take responsibility for the top two comps & have left responsibility of the zone leagues to the districts.

they should have the money to help clubs achieve this status - they keep claiming to be not-for-profit but always seem to make huge profits with large 6 digit payouts set in contracts for employees.
    OK

The decision for promotion was made last year, with a submission made by thornton. There was a decision early on that there would be no promotion relagation this past season. Allowing for clubs to build and somewhat stability and reassurance on the investment made. Alot of time and investment was put in by people involved at thornton to get the team back into a competition it should never have been kicked out off. Yes there where some poor results within the club last year. (however they have had to rebuild from loosing players ethos etc from when kicked out of newfm in 2010. There is alot of quality youngsters within the club and a direction has been made. (23s only just didnt make the finals, (due to not taking chances, also only side to take points from lambton during the regular season)

The area deserves a team in the league and are trying hard to build on this case.. Those of you involved in clubs know its not an easy task... The club has had like I said rebuild, this year was a big learning curve and will only make those players who remain even hungrier to do better.

Keen for a bigger and better 2013 with all clubs involved. Lets get back to talking about player movements and other issues. Apart from this rearing its head again.
    Amigos Aarau

is maj at lambton?

Brad Waters to South Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    The decision for promotion was made last year, with a submission made by thornton. There was a decision early on that there would be no promotion relagation this past season. Allowing for clubs to build and somewhat stability and reassurance on the investment made. Alot of time and investment was put in by people involved at thornton to get the team back into a competition it should never have been kicked out off. Yes there where some poor results within the club last year. (however they have had to rebuild from loosing players ethos etc from when kicked out of newfm in 2010. There is alot of quality youngsters within the club and a direction has been made. (23s only just didnt make the finals, (due to not taking chances, also only side to take points from lambton during the regular season)

The area deserves a team in the league and are trying hard to build on this case.. Those of you involved in clubs know its not an easy task... The club has had like I said rebuild, this year was a big learning curve and will only make those players who remain even hungrier to do better.

Keen for a bigger and better 2013 with all clubs involved. Lets get back to talking about player movements and other issues. Apart from this rearing its head again.
    I take your point about this all being covered before but as I’m new to the forum I’d just like to make one observation on your post and I’ll leave it alone.

3 of the most successful teams of the last two years in ZPL (in all three grades) New Lambton, Warners Bay and Cooks Hill would be competitive in NEWFM straight away.

All three also have access to grounds which would well and truly exceed the criteria if they were promoted.

Plus they are 3 of the 5 biggest (per capita) clubs in the whole Newcastle/Hunter/Macquarie area. Don’t their juniors have the right to play at a higher level at the club they have grown up in – especially if their teams have proved themselves by being the best team in their division?

I’m just not sure why you think Thornton should get special treatment (except of course out of your club loyalty – which is wholly understandable).

Anyway as requested I will now leave this topic alone.