Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 NBN and NEW FM Rumours and player movements thread

Quote Originally Posted by nbnjet View Post
    They have confirmed 1 player gone, and another one possibly to go. They have signed 1 new player. Not quite a mass sign on problem to sort out later!
    Who are the players that are going,
    Im talking just the 5 strikers they have now including parker, i have no heard of any movement from them.

Quote Originally Posted by nbnjet View Post
    Can anyone confirm Jaffas squad for next year?
    im hearing a few players have resigned have heard a few of there players will be leaving. i think they have lost there key midfielder, central defender and goalie to work comitments

2012-13 NBN and NEW FM Rumours and player movements thread

Jim Foley to Edgeworth is a massive signing. May mean Edgy actually have to develop some juniors.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    good signing...there were a few clubs chasing him. Have heard magic losing a couple
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Who are the players that are going,
    Im talking just the 5 strikers they have now including parker, i have no heard of any movement from them.
    As per the NH, no rumor mill here, Virgilli said the following:

"All of our players have been approached one way or the other by other clubs," Virgili said.

"But I will probably lose only one player, Shane Paul, at this stage, but I've got to have another chat with him."

He said Magic may also lose Scott Pettit, who scored twice in the decider, to a club in Asia as he looks to further his career.

Be interesting to see exactly what the team line up looks like next year.

Any confirmed player movements at Hamilton?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Jim Foley to Edgeworth is a massive signing. May mean Edgy actually have to develop some juniors.
    Why would a coach just grab a whole team and transplant himself at another club? This situation does not seem right.

Was Jim Foley recently banned from attending Football games?

According to a Newcastle Herald article a while ago**:

At the one of Charlestown's general meetings, (which was open to ALL members), something like 100 people turned up. From the tone of the herbald and further comments it seemed a high % of these had previously never attended a meeting. But, somebody proposed that Tull and another committee member (possibly president)* be fired/stood down/relieved of duties. The motion was carried 95-5 or some ridiculously high count. Tull was seeking legal action and considered the vote/meeting was not constitutional. In the article it mentions the reason for this was that Foley had been stood down as U/15s coach/youth development role. Parents weren't happy and wanted Tull/President* (maybe) out, so attended meeting and voted. Tull made a comment in the article that he had actually given Foley the U/19s team to coach and that he would still be coaching at the club.
    And yes, in the last paragraph of the article it mentioned Foley had been suspended for bringing the game into disrepute.

*I'm not 100% sure what title the other committee member held off the top of my head. But it was definitely Tull and another.
    ** All this information was paraphrased from an article in the Newcastle Herald.

from what I understand about it all, from rumours & past experience - anyone that's worked under foley know he's uniquely brilliant. he's not everyone's cup of tea, but his coaching ability is unquestionable. he obviously gains a bit of friction along with praise from different people wherever he goes.

from what I understand on this issue, I've been told he basically had a Kevin muscat/John kosmina sideline moment with a kid from another team, and people are creating a huge uproar about him facing up against a young teenager. what actually happened, I don't know, but I believe this push to get him out of the club was brought to a head after this incident.

from what I hear, the majority of his team will follow jim to wherever he goes - and with the level of coaching they get from
    him at such a young age I'm not surprised. so I guess charly are looking a forcing a bloke out that will take a whole bunch of youth with him, and there's divided opinion on whether that should or shouldn't happen.
    OK

unique...yes

brilliant...debatable
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I find that extrordinary pv4 and if as you say is true then sadly there are some real double standards existing at that club. As previously mentioned by me in this thread some of the comments directed to opposition players in the under 14's GF by parents was very distasteful and immature.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I find that extrordinary pv4 and if as you say is true then sadly there are some real double standards existing at that club. As previously mentioned by me in this thread some of the comments directed to opposition players in the under 14's GF by parents was very distasteful and immature.
    Parents are a reflection on their respective clubs. Abusive parents, coaches, committee members, should all be dealt a hard hand by their respective clubs, and if it's shown the clubs care not to do anything about these types of people then the Fed should step in. I think it's becoming all to common for abuse and unsportsmanship to be tolerated. This is not what we should be teaching our youth. Further when team officials, especially coaches, find it necessary to remonstrate with officials, players, refs, etc, they need to held to a much higher standard. Also the coach can bring better standards from the parents too...

Banned

At the one of Charlestown's general meetings, (which was open to ALL members), something like 100 people turned up. From the tone of the herbald and further comments it seemed a high % of these had previously never attended a meeting. But, somebody proposed that Tull and another committee member (possibly president)* be fired/stood down/relieved of duties. The motion was carried 95-5 or some ridiculously high count. Tull was seeking legal action and considered the vote/meeting was not constitutional. In the article it mentions the reason for this was that Foley had been stood down as U/15s coach/youth development role. Parents weren't happy and wanted Tull/President* (maybe) out, so attended meeting and voted. Tull made a comment in the article that he had actually given Foley the U/19s team to coach and that he would still be coaching at the club.
    And yes, in the last paragraph of the article it mentioned Foley had been suspended for bringing the game into disrepute.

*I'm not 100% sure what title the other committee member held off the top of my head. But it was definitely Tull and another.
    ** All this information was paraphrased from an article in the Newcastle Herald.
    You have got to wonder what the motives are for people who challenge things as being unconstitutional and wish to dig in when a motion is carried by 95 -5 to get rid of someone. At the end of the day joining a committee at any level or any sport should be about doing the right thing by your constituents ie your members. When they feel that strongly that they want rid of you and wish to go in another direction why stick around???

After all most of the time members couldn't give too hoots about the committees activities other than to bitch about anything they don't agree with and half the time don't care to understand the reasoning behind stuff and keep reelecting the incumbents coz it avoids finding someone else to do the job. When they turn up on mass it usually means something is incredibly stuffed up.

Why in gods name would you want to stick around?? Seems like the committee members think it is all about them

Hopefully I'm not breaking any rules in saying that the second bloke was Steve Wright, club secretary. I know Steve and he seems to me that he isn't one to back down quietly, so I don't think we've heard the last of it. It was only his first season with the Blues, having jumped from the Junior Jaffas end of last year.

Sauce: http://newsstore.fairfax.com.au/apps...825DI7PA2IUKSH

But as someone else made the point, if you're on the committee you have to work for the constituents and if they don't feel like you're up to the jump, it's their right to vote you out.

mmmmm... won't comment on that guy as per infraction notice
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    mmmmm... won't comment on that guy as per infraction notice
    You have just said what you wanted to say without saying it so why bother trying to hide?

So all of a sudden a hardworking committee of five or so, turns in to a committee of 100 people who all of a sudden give a shit ? Would be full of parents who stand on the sideline and do nothing but whinge that the drinks are hot, or sausage sandwich not cooked enough but are the first to run when asked to stand behind a bbq or work in a canteen.

Now they have had their vote, and got rid of the hardworkers, they do the bolt to another club ?

Lets hope we see them behind the bbq"s and in the canteens, or chasing players at whichever club they decide is best for their kids future, as im sure we will ....NOT.

Tully and Azzuri have long been associated with holding their juniors through to senior ranks and first grade. i hope this infighting doesnt damage this great club too much....
    Last edited by GO AWAY; 14-09-2012 at 09:53 AM.

I find it amazing that the their constitution allows for the number people being talked about are able to rock up and be allowed to vote.

Not interested in the issue but to have a set up were 100 people can come in and railroad a decision would indicate an issue with governance.

What happens next meeting? Do 100 peopel with opposite views come in and change the decision. Note: Exagerating about numbers.

Wont it mean theyll inherit juniors ?