Thread: 21/22 ALM | Match Day whatever | Newcastle Jets v Purff Glory

21/22 ALM | Match Day whatever | Newcastle Jets v Purff Glory

OK, my favourite moment was that Yuel was onside thanks to their defender, worst moment was how was Gorman's challenge not a red, if we'd have done that tackle would our player have only received a yellow? Please agree to disagree
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

beqa is amazing, how on earth did he end up with us

Was really impressed with the performance. Penha and Beka just awesome. Thurgate solid as always.

Yuel and Siatravanis were perfect examples of what they could be and what they usually are. Enough diamonds in there during this game, but geez there was some dross that came out as well.

Great team goals. So exciting to watch. The crowd clearly loves Goodwin - massive lift in noise when he came on.

I don't understand how Gorman stayed on the park. That was a truly horrendous tackle that thankfully didn't result in a serious injury. It was reckless at best. It's laughable that we are stopping the game whenever a player goes down in the interests of "player safety" and that we have drinks breaks for the same reason, but we let crap like that go on every week. I probably wouldn't have had a problem if Jurman had been marched for his tackle later in the game on Gorman - it was deliberate and he got him.

And then Thurgate gets his yellow for what looked to me to be a completely legitimate challenge on the ball. The mind boggles. For the record, i've got no issues with the card because it resulted in a week off, more that i didn't see it as even a free kick.

Nod to Zads for still being a dick even as a coach. At one point the ball went out near him, he got it, dribbled it in to his technical area and then completely ignored the ball kid who was trying to work out if he could go in there to get it back. Poor kid looked like he thought he was going to get fired on the spot if went in. I thought it was funny but did feel for the kid.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Nod to Zads for still being a dick even as a coach. At one point the ball went out near him, he got it, dribbled it in to his technical area and then completely ignored the ball kid who was trying to work out if he could go in there to get it back. Poor kid looked like he thought he was going to get fired on the spot if went in. I thought it was funny but did feel for the kid.
    Zads teaching kids that you have to make decisions for yourself - should be more of it
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Zads teaching kids that you have to make decisions for yourself - should be more of it
    Imagine if the kids went studs up on him while he was dribbling it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Was really impressed with the performance. Penha and Beka just awesome. Thurgate solid as always.

Yuel and Siatravanis were perfect examples of what they could be and what they usually are. Enough diamonds in there during this game, but geez there was some dross that came out as well.

Great team goals. So exciting to watch. The crowd clearly loves Goodwin - massive lift in noise when he came on.

I don't understand how Gorman stayed on the park. That was a truly horrendous tackle that thankfully didn't result in a serious injury. It was reckless at best. It's laughable that we are stopping the game whenever a player goes down in the interests of "player safety" and that we have drinks breaks for the same reason, but we let crap like that go on every week. I probably wouldn't have had a problem if Jurman had been marched for his tackle later in the game on Gorman - it was deliberate and he got him.

And then Thurgate gets his yellow for what looked to me to be a completely legitimate challenge on the ball. The mind boggles. For the record, i've got no issues with the card because it resulted in a week off, more that i didn't see it as even a free kick.

in this statement- zads, dick and coach
    1 thing is real for sure
    -dick tick
    -zads and coach imaginary & fake
    Last edited by W8 WATCHER; 12-04-2022 at 12:24 PM.

I tend to agree about Yuel and Savvas. Sav has periodically shown that he's actually quite solid in picking out some really good passes but a lot of his game that surrounds that is quite poor. Being an international I can't see us keeping him on though.

Yuel has somehow got 5 goals and 4 assists this season which by any metric is amazing (he's actually doing better than Boumal who only has 4 goals and the same assists) but he just has so many moments where he kills an attack completely dead. I had said recently to friends I wouldn't re-sign him but honestly, he's worth having along because anyone who over the course of a season can get those numbers is worth something.

Next season we should look internationally for someone who's really gonna heighten Thurgates quality, so far this season have been good options but I just know there's someone out there we could sign who would really make Thurgate even better then he already is. Hopefully next season Goodwin and Mauragis can be constants in the side because we look better when both are in use