Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: are we being too precious about our grounds?

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonmcqueen View Post
    This is good, definitely a start. Hopefully weather is drier by then.

Still pretty cheesed off that Macquarie is dragging their heels on getting other rounds replayed. Our Round 2 game at home could have been played last Sunday this Sunday, days during the week last week, this week, yet it still hasn't been reorganised yet. It'd be different if there were games being played on it and we just had to wait our turn to get on and play, but they're not rescheduling any games to go on it, they're just sitting empty.
    Our club requested to play Round 2 on the long weekend and were declined by Macquarie

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Spot on you almost want one in that period
    It just doesn't make a lot of sense. There's still 10 rounds before that wet weather round. With most teams having a current game to make up, I don't see why they couldn't insert a wet weather weekend in for some time during June or early July to ease the burden and leave the one at the end of season up our sleeves. I realise there are some clubs with a number of games banked up, but there's still a lot of time in the season to fulfill those games. Back to back spare weekends is not the answer and clearly not thought about very logically from a playing point of view from the federations.
    It's football, not s***er!!

Hopefully the wind and sunshine forecast today and tomorrow will get some of the moisture out of the grounds for the weekend. Was over at our pitch this morning and despite the storm last night it was reasonably firm underfoot. No dew this morning either which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    this is going to be released on social media at 4:30 this afternoon:

the following is scheduled for all competitions: ‐
    MiniRoos to Adult
     8th,9th, 10th July – Round 1 games (previously published)
     12th, 13th, 14th August – Round 4 games
     19th, 20th, 21st August – Round 5 games
     Other games that need resetting from other rounds will be either midweek or Sundays for the
    remainder of the season.

Zone Football League
     12th, 13th, 14th August – Wet Weather… 2022 fixtures
     19th, 20th, 21st August – additional Wet Weather
     26th, 27th, 28th August – Round 18
    Already had our round 4 match showing in GameDay for the 13th.

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Our club requested to play Round 2 on the long weekend and were declined by Macquarie
    I can kinda understand that decision. No point rescheduling a washout when there's a high chance of forfeits with players away.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndclasscitizen View Post
    I can kinda understand that decision. No point rescheduling a washout when there's a high chance of forfeits with players away.
    I look at it from two differnt perspectives:
    MiniRoos/Youth Interdistrict - More likely to be away the middle weekend of the School Holidays where they have already scheduled a round
    AA/O35 - More likely to go away on the long weekend.
    Possibly stuffed either weekend, for different reasons.

What i'm saying is, why not allow the club to contact opponents to see if they are available? Put it back on the teams to do the legwork and approve it if both teams agree.

If both teams agree, let them play. If one team cant, reschedule at another time.

To say a blanket "no" to the possibility of playing isn't being proactive or accomodating in what is again a disrupted season.

I look at it from two differnt perspectives:
    MiniRoos/Youth Interdistrict - More likely to be away the middle weekend of the School Holidays where they have already scheduled a round
    AA/O35 - More likely to go away on the long weekend.
    Possibly stuffed either weekend, for different reasons.

What i'm saying is, why not allow the club to contact opponents to see if they are available? Put it back on the teams to do the legwork and approve it if both teams agree.

If both teams agree, let them play. If one team cant, reschedule at another time.

To say a blanket "no" to the possibility of playing isn't being proactive or accomodating in what is again a disrupted season.
    Makes sense for the 2 teams to be able to liaise with eachother, when teams agree on a date, send to Macquarie for approval.
    Or leave it, let Macquarie reschedule as suits them.

May be tricky to get refs out to the fixtures, but if you wanna play, I don’t see why they can’t give clubs back some kind of power/ability to reschedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Makes sense for the 2 teams to be able to liaise with eachother, when teams agree on a date, send to Macquarie for approval.
    Or leave it, let Macquarie reschedule as suits them.

May be tricky to get refs out to the fixtures, but if you wanna play, I don’t see why they can’t give clubs back some kind of power/ability to reschedule.
    yeh tried that, wasn't to well received by the powers that be. Had two games lined up to play.

I guess it's my naivety; I actually always thought that the Queens birthday weekend was an early season wet weather weekend. Kind of assumed the districts were hedging bets. If there's no major wash outs everyone gets a week off on a holiday weekend; if there is a round washed out they've got a scheduled break they can replay it in.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonmcqueen View Post
    I guess it's my naivety; I actually always thought that the Queens birthday weekend was an early season wet weather weekend. Kind of assumed the districts were hedging bets. If there's no major wash outs everyone gets a week off on a holiday weekend; if there is a round washed out they've got a scheduled break they can replay it in.
    The big problem is this:

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    yeh tried that, wasn't to well received by the powers that be. Had two games lined up to play.
    The association don't like individual teams rescheduling indivdual games, they want all games for a particular washed out field all rescheduled together.

The big problem is this:

The association don't like individual teams rescheduling individual games, they want all games for a particular washed out field all rescheduled together.
    I am talking 1 or 2 games from last Friday night and the same on a Saturday that were both washed out.
    We got one on with help from one association, as it was the weekends game and it had not been even noted as a washout at that stage, were meant to play last night but the weather pegged us again.

The other association wasn't happy as that's there job and told us to not to get involved basically.

They did say they understood why i was trying to do it, but don't please.

I think they should promote this if it gets done the correct way, emails etc, anything would help at the moment.

I am talking 1 or 2 games from last Friday night and the same on a Saturday that were both washed out.
    We got one on with help from one association, as it was the weekends game and it had not been even noted as a washout at that stage, were meant to play last night but the weather pegged us again.

The other association wasn't happy as that's there job and told us to not to get involved basically.

I think they should promote this if it gets done the correct way, emails etc, anything would help at the moment.
    This is my major gripe with the association(s). The chain of commiunication is far too long to organise something in quick time.
    Club A > Association X > Association Y > Club B and back again.

Nothing wrong with Club A & B getting together, organising the logistics and going to the Associations for approval. Except in the eyes of the powers that be.

This is my major gripe with the association(s). The chain of commiunication is far too long to organise something in quick time.
    Club A > Association X > Association Y > Club B and back again.

Nothing wrong with Club A & B getting together, organising the logistics and going to the Associations for approval. Except in the eyes of the powers that be.
    Maybe because without this involvement....... their relevancy would be questioned.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Maybe because without this involvement....... their relevancy would be questioned.
    Might be time to take the board to court like the C&S cricket. We need to doers not overlords

Had the exact same situation. Both sides working together late on a Friday night to get a Saturday fixture away only to be shot down because we were only doing one of the washed out games, not all of them.

Another week, another wash out half hour before the match after all the other games on Friday night and Saturday got on.

Good weather for the next few weeks and I bet Macquarie doesn't attempt to reschedule any of the games.

Cooks hill must have left the sprinklers on last night

Quote Originally Posted by BS detecor View Post
    Cooks hill must have left the sprinklers on last night
    Which grounds washed out

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Athfield called off by the refs

too early in my opinion

Athfield called off by the refs

too early in my opinion
    I think some grounds that play today will get chewed up. It did piss down over night

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    no rain since the refs called it off, now the sun has come out

no rain since the refs called it off, now the sun has come out
    you know the best one about this is tomorrow's ZPL fixture has already been called off.....