Thread: 21/22 MacArthur v Jets - 1/5/22 1605

21/22 MacArthur v Jets - 1/5/22 1605

Now that we can't make the finals, I expect to see us destroy every team we play for the rest of the season.

6-0 win to us.

Banned
    Did Dane Ingham just let the ball roll through him for a throw in??

How is this guy employed ??

Get Homer off Jets games....his twatness is intentional for some reason.

We're aiding the sCCum with this result btw.
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Oh, Archie....
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Don't know if I'm missing something but where was VAR for the Noone tackle on Beka? Two feet off the ground from behind just a yellow? There's some terrible tackles in the a-league that don't get punished

Thought Elsey and Jurman were great today when the pressure was off. Weier was great too.

I love that they play well enough to just about give us optimism over the off season just so they can let us down again

Jerks

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Did Dane Ingham just let the ball roll through him for a throw in??
    How is this guy employed ??
    Dane Ingham gives me hope that even as a 38yo I may one day sign a professional contract. I was most disappointed to hear he was not one of the many playing for a contract renewal

Our goalkeeper situation is a very strange one

Weir feels like the superior keeper, but I wouldn’t necessarily say he should be resigned because I still feel like we should be aiming higher in this department.

Either we move on weir, and sign someone who is a true starter and relegate Duncan to the bench (only issue with this is I imagine Duncan is on decent wages) or we move Duncan on, resign Weir as our bench keeper and sign on someone who is a true starter

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    Dane Ingham gives me hope that even as a 38yo I may one day sign a professional contract. I was most disappointed to hear he was not one of the many playing for a contract renewal
    I am the wrong side of fifty and was having the same thoughts.

Maybe being the broke ass club we are he is paying us to play.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Our goalkeeper situation is a very strange one

Weir feels like the superior keeper, but I wouldn’t necessarily say he should be resigned because I still feel like we should be aiming higher in this department.

Either we move on weir, and sign someone who is a true starter and relegate Duncan to the bench (only issue with this is I imagine Duncan is on decent wages) or we move Duncan on, resign Weir as our bench keeper and sign on someone who is a true starter
    This is a bizarre statement

If you think Weir is the superior keeper then under no circumstances should we be looking to keep Duncan at all

We either back Weir as the Number one or we sign a New number One and keep Weir as a back up

Duncan ain't even in the conversation here

I agree Weir is the Superior keeper of the pair
    Why he hasn't been picked more often is a bigger concern

I feel the guy ain't showing any glaring weaknesses at this level and don't understand why he has been ignored for most of the season to accommodate Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    This is a bizarre statement

If you think Weir is the superior keeper then under no circumstances should we be looking to keep Duncan at all

We either back Weir as the Number one or we sign a New number One and keep Weir as a back up

Duncan ain't even in the conversation here

I agree Weir is the Superior keeper of the pair
    Why he hasn't been picked more often is a bigger concern

I feel the guy ain't showing any glaring weaknesses at this level and don't understand why he has been ignored for most of the season to accommodate Duncan
    well the reason for my statement is that Duncan is signed on till 23-34, meaning to move him on would require termination which I’m not confident this club would do

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    well the reason for my statement is that Duncan is signed on till 23-34, meaning to move him on would require termination which I’m not confident this club would do
    2 more years ?? FMD

So did Dean's give him 4 years when he came back or did Pappas give him 2 more years after doing **** all this season??

Who is responsible for this long term contract for a guy who ain't in the slightest bit indispensable??

If he got 2 years left get the guy a gig in the Pakistani 4th division or something for a year on loan

Get creative and get the guy off the books

The same should be applying to the likes of Jurman and Elsey

Just because we bought a Lemon you don't drive it to death. You cut your losses and move on