Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022/23 Newcastle United Jets Men's Squad

What mob represents those two players ?.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Announcement from club today at 3pm.

It will be Timmins and Stynes - the teasers aren't as crypic or obscure as they used to be
    Stynes goes good

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    What mob represents those two players ?.
    Both are represented by Footballhouseplus, according to Transfermarkt - https://www.transfermarkt.com/footba...a/berater/5990
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Both are represented by Footballhouseplus, according to Transfermarkt - https://www.transfermarkt.com/footba...a/berater/5990
    Lots of Jets logos there.

Rumours the jets are signing another Beka

Beka Dartsmelia

If it's true he seems like a traditional 6, lots of ball winning in his highlights. Still Jets could do with that.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    If it's true he seems like a traditional 6, lots of ball winning in his highlights. Still Jets could do with that.

Watching that video, I think he offers a lot to this team. Considering our defensive issues and how few signings we've made to remedy them, a player who can stop the ball from getting to Elsey and Jurman as much as possible is a huge positive. Also seems to be more skillful and with some decent pace compared to your average number 6.

Will be interesting if we sign him what formation we'll be going for.
    Last edited by Mark325; 29-08-2022 at 06:28 PM.

He's signed according to his partners socials

Brandon O'Neill, Gus, and now Beka will be plenty of competition for the holding midfield roles, which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by scarfy96 View Post
    Brandon O'Neill, Gus, and now Beka will be plenty of competition for the holding midfield roles, which is good.
    Clearly going to play with 2 6’s

Surely Gus would be moving forward a bit in the absence of a playmaker.

Finally going to a proper 4-3-3 that can switch between two 6s and two 8s as necessary. Good news, just need a decent CB and I'll be pretty happy.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Finally going to a proper 4-3-3 that can switch between two 6s and two 8s as necessary. Good news, just need a decent CB and I'll be pretty happy.
    I echo these thoughts and hope that it's true
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    100% agreed.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

jets22.jpg
    The Jets' lineup according to the A-leagues Instagram: kinda happy with that.
    I'd personally swap Mikeltadze with Sotirio, kick Sotirio out and get a striker. But that's just me...
    Oh and Weier for Duncan.

my thoughts on the current squad. We are just so unbalanced and uninspiring. Our visa spots are wasted. Younger guys don't seem to get a look in.

Last updated 30/8/22 following Dartsmelia signing

Expiring 22/23
    02 Dane Ingham - signed until 22/23 - goodbye
    03 Jason Hoffman - signed until 22/23 - thanks and goodbye
    05 Jordan Elsey - signed until 22/23 - goodbye
    06 Matthew Jurman - signed until 22/23 - goodbye
    09 Beka Mikeltadze - signed until 22/23 # - goodbye (even on minimum wage he's taking a visa spot)
    14 Mohamed Al-Taay - signed until 22/23 - goodbye (haven't seen a lot of him but can't break into a terrible team)
    16 Kosta Grozos - signed until 22/23 - goodbye
    32 Angus Thurgate – signed until 22/23 - keep
    30 Noah James - signed until 22/23 ^ - keep
    xx Daniel Stynes - signed until 22/23* - keep
    xx Callum Timmins - signed until 22/23* - unsure - not been real impressed so far though

Expiring 23/24
    20 Michael Weier - signed until 23/24 - one of weier or duncan should be released if possible
    23 Jack Duncan - signed until 23/24 - one of weier or duncan should be released if possible
    27 Lucas Mauragis - signed until 23/24 - get him back please
    Xx Brandon O'Neill - signed until 23/24 - no change
    xx Reno Piscopo - signed until 23/24 - no change
    xx Trent Buhagiar - signed until 23/24 - no change
    xx Jaushua Sotirio - signed until 23/24 - release if possible
    xx Rory Jordan - signed until 23/24 - who?
    xx Mark Natta - signed until 23/24 - extend for another two seasons
    xx James McGarry - signed until 23/24 - no change
    xx Carl Jenkinson - signed until 23/24 - no change
    xx Beka Dartsmelia - signed until 23/24 - no change

Expiring 24/25
    26 Archie Goodwin - signed until 24/25 - no change

23 players signed for next season
    - 22 A-League squad players from possible 23
    - # = 3 Visa spot (Mikeltadze, McGarry, Jenkinson, Dartsmelia) from possible 5
    - ^ = 1 Scholarships (James) from possible 3 (?)
    - 1 Player loaned out (Mauragis @ Phoenix)
    - * contract length has not been disclosed and it is believed this is the deal length

Rumoured
    Zach Lisolajski
    Joey Jevtic
    Stefan Brecevic

Expired 21/22 and decision outstanding
    5 Ben Kantarovski
    23 Eli Babalj
    28 Blake Archbold

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    my thoughts on the current squad. We are just so unbalanced and uninspiring. Our visa spots are wasted. Younger guys don't seem to get a look in.
    One positive about that list is that barring the release of one keeper and Sotirio/Buhagair, a majority of our truly useless players are out of contract at the end of this season. From here, it's up to management to make the right calls and actually get rid of them and not reward these poor performances.

If you release all these shit players though, you get the same issue that is constantly plaguing this team, which is a mass exodus at the end of each season, which comes down to our recruitment just not being consistently good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    One positive about that list is that barring the release of one keeper and Sotirio/Buhagair, a majority of our truly useless players are out of contract at the end of this season. From here, it's up to management to make the right calls and actually get rid of them and not reward these poor performances.

If you release all these shit players though, you get the same issue that is constantly plaguing this team, which is a mass exodus at the end of each season, which comes down to our recruitment just not being consistently good enough.
    Sadly with all those squad spots that become available we will just go out recycle every others clubs benchies as we usually do.

Herald story on January window - does it include looking for potential injury replacements seeing as they've re-laid part of MJ stadium yet again, where the stage was for the Elton concert this time??

Newcastle Jets might be going window shopping in January after all
    By Robert Dillon
    January 18 2023 - 8:00pm

THE Newcastle Jets might be going window shopping in January after all.

Newcastle coach Arthur Papas has been asked several times recently whether he hoped to bolster his struggling squad during the FIFA transfer window, which opened on January 10 and closes February 8, but on each occasion he replied that would be unlikely. But Jets executive chairman Shane Mattiske told the Newcastle Herald on Wednesday that position might change if the right player became available at the right place.

"We're investigating whether there are any changes we can make to carry the squad forward over the second half of the competition," Mattiske said.

"We've got a competitive team but we're always looking at what's possible to improve it.

"That's probably all I can say at this point."

Given that Newcastle have scored only 10 goals in 12 games this season, a creative attacking player would appear likely to feature at the top of their wish list.

One incumbent who has shown an ability to find the net is winger Daniel Stynes, who scored a goal-of-the-season contender in last week's 1-all draw with Western United.

Stynes, 24, joined Newcastle from Perth on a one-season deal and Mattiske admitted his spectacular strike had done his retention prospects no harm.

"It's great to have players who are performing, and that goal certainly demonstrated his value to us," Mattiske said. "It probably improves his chances [of a new deal], but there's still a long way to go in this season and we're looking for good performances across the field from all our players."

The Jets are hopeful the likely return of co-captain Brandon O'Neill will provide some creativity in Sunday's clash with third-placed Western Sydney Wanderers at McDonald Jones Stadium.

O'Neill has missed the past two games with a knee injury.
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Pinched these images off FB from this week, re-laying of the pitch where the stage area was:

MJS damaged field before.jpg

MJS damaged field after.jpg
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...