Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022/23 Newcastle United Jets Men's Squad

Quote Originally Posted by anfield View Post
    Papas has signed really well.

O'Neil is the player that will provide the team with a real competitor that will give the team believe that they can compete in the middle of the park.

Piscopo and Buhagair are players that are primed to take their games to the next level. Attackers with pace and skill and both at the age where the next year is the one which they could really kick on.

Natta, why not. Left sided Central defender. Look at Kyle Rowles, investing in good defenders could really be fruitful for the club.

Interesting Steve Ugarkovic gone to Wellington, a backwards step in my opinion. Obviously the jets weren't interested after the way he departed, Possibly consider O'Neil a better fit.
    Did you just say that Buhagiar has skill? The only skill he has is being quick. He is the ultimate A-League player in that he is exceptionally quick with no end product.

Natta imo is a very astute signing, a young and mobile defender with good passing range that suits the way Papas wants his defenders to progress with the ball.
    Jaliens gives me the horn

I’d take Maraguis over McGarry anyday

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    I’d take Maraguis over McGarry anyday
    Love how nobody looks at the real reason for Mauragis being out on loan - it isn't playing ability. A couple of the younger ones have believed their own publicity. Archie is one who is knuckling down.

As the Lord Griff said himself as gospel - "I had to leave home and leave my mum to grow up and be a better player".
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Love how nobody looks at the real reason for Mauragis being out on loan - it isn't playing ability. A couple of the younger ones have believed their own publicity. Archie is one who is knuckling down.

As the Lord Griff said himself as gospel - "I had to leave home and leave my mum to grow up and be a better player".
    Ive seen nothing from Lucas especially on the field to show he has become full of himself and too cocky, Unless you have some inside information you'd like to share
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

If he was full of himself he would have just rejected the extension and gone elsewhere??
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

That being the case then it would appear not only is Papas incapable of providing Lucas with the coaching he needs as a footballer like Talay can but also cannot manage him as a person. Maybe we should loan out Papas so he can improve in these area's.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    That being the case then it would appear not only is Papas incapable of providing Lucas with the coaching he needs as a footballer like Talay can but also cannot manage him as a person. Maybe we should loan out Papas so he can improve in these area's.

Loan out Papas for a season while GVE takes over.
    Imagine the scenes !

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    [/B]

Loan out Papas for a season while GVE takes over.
    Imagine the scenes !
    Common knowledge.

We are trialling some American player named Jason Romero.

Played in a trial and scored 2 goals, and plays for APIA Leichhardt

WSW took him on trial last season, turned him down, then he scores against them to knock them out of FFA Cup.

Very good player, good movement, quality finisher. Been banging in the goals last couple of seasons
    Jaliens gives me the horn

So, according to this tweet (https://twitter.com/QConners10/statu...21920394153984) you cannot field players in the cup who are triallists.

Therefore, Grozos and Al-Taay have been extended. Length of contract undetermined.

We are still waiting on official word about Kanta, Babalj and Blake Archbold.

Interestingly, Kanta's number (5) has gone to Jurman. I recall an article which mentinoed both Kanta and Babalj are remaining with the club while they recover from injuries

Does anyone know if Blake Archbold is playing for the youth team?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 02-08-2022 at 08:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Does anyone know if Blake Archbold is playing for the youth team?
    According to the team lists on the NSW football site, his last game was 5th June.

From what i'm hearing, there was a mass exedous of players from the Youth team during June more generally.

Kosta and Mo signed to one year deals - just not announced.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Jets are seemingly announcing Carl Jenkinson tomorrow

This is a good signing

Jenkinson signed on two-year deal.

Lets hope he sticks around longer than the last Carl.

This is a good signing
    Very good

Jenkinson signed on two-year deal.

Lets hope he sticks around longer than the last Carl.
    Isn't it 2 years ?
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Very good
    Great signing, someone that can cross a ball as well.

Announcement from club today at 3pm.

It will be Timmins and Stynes - the teasers aren't as crypic or obscure as they used to be