Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Qatar 2022 World Cup

The Japanese, Canadians and KSA have shown that the way to give yourself a chance is to have a go. Hell, Australia did for 15 minutes then got timid. Simple fact is tht our defence is not good enough, particularly at right back, so we have to score.

Have a go ya mug!
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    The Japanese, Canadians and KSA have shown that the way to give yourself a chance is to have a go. Hell, Australia did for 15 minutes then got timid. Simple fact is tht our defence is not good enough, particularly at right back, so we have to score.

Have a go ya mug!
    blame the dutch money junket called the curriculum
    the fact that we can't defend, and we showed this against France. our football strategy is to play out from the back at all times, regardless of opponent or situation.
    Nearly all Asian countries have developed a style to compete in the world, we are still flogging along playing like retards.
    watch the a league, this reinforces this.

The shade in the stadium for cameroon v switzerland is terrible. Horrible watching.

I do try to give Arnold a chance, but I can never get more than 4 lines into his comments before the amateur mind games crap does my head in. If only it worked so well on a football field.

I just wanna see us have a crack.
    Legit watching every game I’ve seen so far, there is an aura of excitement and “this is the best game of their lives” for a lot of players.
    We looked like we’d rather be in front of 5k at scum caravan park playing a league.

Bar Qatar, the other Asian teams have played brilliantly and showcased the region. I hope we can do the same.

Banned
    Any chance Arnold can actually hook Leckie now after 15 mins

I know we are completely out of our depth at the WC but Leckie wouldn't get a start at the Jets based on this performance

The guy has literally killed 3-4 attacks in the first 15 mins with his incompetence

Lucky deflection but outstanding finish. Great reaction.

Keep pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Any chance Arnold can actually hook Leckie now after 15 mins

I know we are completely out of our depth at the WC but Leckie wouldn't get a start at the Jets based on this performance

The guy has literally killed 3-4 attacks in the first 15 mins with his incompetence
    I was gonna say. Don’t think he’s had a first touch where he knew where it was gonna go.

Looking to play with a lot more intent today. I like it.

Rode our luck in the last 5 minutes.

Goodwin could sit out the rest of this game and the whole of the next and he'd still easily be our player of the tournament. Really happy for him - don't think we'll see him at Adelaide come January.

Banned
    The only fight we have seen from the Moroccans so far was from Hannibal throwing the ball back onto Gypo Dukes head whilst he was on the floor.

Real act of shithousery that we should see more of in the game

Other than that the only thing they have got is been from our defenders falling asleep at a throw in and not tracking an obvious run

Other than that we controlled that half

It gonna be a long 45 mins if Gypo Arnold wants to park the bus and hang on for the 1-0 win

Good so far. Leckie and McGree struggling. Can we maintain the effort and, more particularly, the concentration. Give 'em a sniff and it could all go to 💩

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I was gonna say. Don’t think he’s had a first touch where he knew where it was gonna go.

Looking to play with a lot more intent today. I like it.
    I would put Sotirio Burhagier Raheem Hoffman Yuel or any other headless chook who has played for the Jets out there and they would do a better job than this guy has. When the fullback Karacic is a non threat at attack it would be handy if the guy in front of him was offering some threat

Might make life harder for the Moroccans if they are worried about Goodwin on the left and someone on the right as well

Why the heck did mooy put the brakes on?

Souttar really is quite good.

Didn't think we'd win that one. Last 20 minutes was excruciating.

Do us a favour France and put a few past Denmark.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Didn't think we'd win that one. Last 20 minutes was excruciating.

Do us a favour France and put a few past Denmark.
    If France beat Denmark which most would expect to happen or even if it is a draw in that game then we be playing Denmark and will only need a draw to go through

As it sits right now we are well positioned right now to somehow get out of this group

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Why the heck did mooy put the brakes on?

Souttar really is quite good.
    He has no pace and he was ****ed after about 75mins

What an embarrassing display from the gypo.
    Wide guys clearly gassed at halftime and hes got 5 subs but refuses to energise the team and keep the game plan consistent.
    They won in spite of that talentless turd tonight.
    What a world it would be if they had even a half decent coach.
    Anyway, Denmark will spank us and we'll go back to the little aussie battler trope.
    Lucky its daylight here in plagues current residence or id be the first one at marathon calling for Ernie Merrick to get a gig.
    Ill come.back one day.
    Miss you Mr Fish, q-man, buddah, belchardo, not that gypo pv4 though.

Hail Griff.

GRIFF!!!!!

Banned
    The realisation today has dawned on me that we are gonna have to hope that Denmark turn us over on Thursday morning

No way can we actually afford to win or draw the game and advance to the Rd 16

Besides papering over these glaring problems in the game in this country by making the knockout stage a more scary prospect is on the horizon

If we get to the Rd 16 we would have to say Gypo Arnold has done the best out of any Socceroos team to make the WC

Even though we will have only equalled 2006 achievement Gypo Arnold's effort would have to be ranked higher than Guus 2006 effort

Kewell Viduka Cahill Bresciano Schwarzer Neill etc were at Guus disposal

Look at the Gypos and trash that Gypo Arnie has at his disposal

You know, if we can get a draw/win vs Denmark, Arnold should be upgrading every caravan in gypoland. With this bunch, it’s actually a pretty amazing accomplishment.

There’s no way we should be leaving that game with anything but our tail between our legs.
    10th in the world.

I’d be more than thrilled to be surprised though.
    Again, just want to see us play with that pressure and aggression. That’s our strength. Tunisia didn’t know what to do when they had no time and a favourites tag on their shirt.

I watched Denmark lose to Scotland 2-0 purely through a set piece and a late counter attack goal earlier this year. It is going to happen again with Scotland Lite
    Jaliens gives me the horn