Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2022 Australia Cup | Rd of 32 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United

Let's hope Piscopo can spice up things a little... based on yesterday, we'll be lucky if we score 20 goals all season.

I enjoyed the press in the second half. Thought Adelaide really struggled to get anything going or build anything.

For the possession and position we had, thought we really struggled for creativity. Thurgate’s cut back probably the most creative we looked.
    Hopefully Beka is just getting all his stray shots out pre season.

Thought Buhagiar should have done a bit better with his shot in second half, straight to keeper.
    Defensively we looked okay. Not great. But not horrible.

Going to miss Penha.

Looked leggy but this is explained by Pappas absolutely smashing them physically from the start of training. Also have had to train on plastic pitches as Maitland has been flooded.

Disappointing, but with Piscopo and four more signings to come in starting this week there is room for substantial improvement. BTW, McGarry looked good on the attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Disappointing, but with Piscopo and four more signings to come in starting this week there is room for substantial improvement. BTW, McGarry looked good on the attack.
    Let's hope one of them isn't the pastey looking Scot striker Griffiths they were touting on the socials then (no matter how well he can play in a Scottish winter comp), bloke looks like he'd melt in the middle of an Aussie summer...

Word is Stynes and Timmins, who were released from Glory...and are managed by the same agency as most of our squad... are joining us
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Let's hope one of them isn't the pastey looking Scot striker Griffiths they were touting on the socials then (no matter how well he can play in a Scottish winter comp), bloke looks like he'd melt in the middle of an Aussie summer...
    No chance we’ll sign Griffiths. He’s too lazy to run around aimlessly all game and actually has the skill and ability to put the ball in the net. He’s the absolute antithesis of a jets player.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Word is Stynes and Timmins, who were released from Glory...and are managed by the same agency as most of our squad... are joining us
    And what happens when we lose the link to this agency?

Rhetorical question obviously

I thought McGarry looked good when he came on. I love Hoff but hopefully his days as a first choice starter are coming to an end

I thought Buhagiar and Sotirio were our two worst. But to be fair I had it in for them before the game even started so I'm probably not a fair judge.

Bit unfair to judge on only one preseason performance but I think we've turned Brandon O'Neill into an ordinary player already

Thank Griff for Gus. Easily our best player

At least the Gypos have also crashed out.

actually just in passing and *that* agency, why do we now have two Grozos', noticed the P version in the sub lineup list, felt a bit like Petratos' without the benefits...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

We lost. But we weren't as bad as I feared we'd be.

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    No chance we’ll sign Griffiths. He’s too lazy to run around aimlessly all game and actually has the skill and ability to put the ball in the net. He’s the absolute antithesis of a jets player.
    **** Griffiths, he's a nonce and therefore should be sent to the gypos or WSW
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Great to see the Jets are back to their painful best
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Hey, it's pretty interesting to hear this criticism of Papas, isn't it? Very familiar criticism.