Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League final series

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Looks as though it’s falling apart rapidly.

You can’t expect 4 teams that have played all year on a Sat/Sun to all of a sudden play Fri night with little notice.

I did though see an email, and please correct me if I’m wrong, saying they’ve got a RSA and security and they’ll supply ground officials.

I think they believe that will fix the problem.

Guarantee there will be issues with dressing sheds, parking is bad, terrible for viewing, run out of beer and food ( don’t start me on that hey Jardel) and let’s just see how good the field is end of Sunday after the weather.

To me it’s pretty simple.
    ZL 2 and 3 play out there Sat and Sun very comfortably.

ZL 1 and ZPL play Sat and Sun at either of the NPL grounds suggested.

I know there’s a lot of people not happy with our money going to NPL but in a pinch seems best idea. At least you get good facilities and people that can deal with the running of the day.

But hey thats just MY opinion.
    I don’t think people care that the money goes to an NPL club because the biggest games of the year are played at grounds that make it feel like a show piece due to facility and ground wise

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    In my opinion we could start by getting RH to explain the decision that they came to in the first place. How could anyone expect people to think this is a good thing for Zone League football.
    he does

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    he does
    I love to know how he actually justifies it as being good

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    cuts down on travel costs (for him)

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    cuts down on travel costs (for him)
    Surely someone in the organization has read this all and gone ‘gee no one likes this maybe we should change venues’

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Surely someone in the organization has read this all and gone ‘gee no one likes this maybe we should change venues’
    That would rely on the zones doing what is best for the game not what is best for themselves.

no one reads this godforsaken forum other than you angry dads and morons

I went and had a look at fletcher ground yesterday and I must say it’s better than any ground zone league has played on this year

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    I went and had a look at fletcher ground yesterday and I must say it’s better than any ground zone league has played on this year
    bahahaha Rusty did do 1 thing. Check the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    I don't think anyone has said anything about the playing surface other than the potentional state of it for ZPL firsts after all the prior games.
    The playing surface is about the only positive about hosting the GF there. Unfortuntely, there are a lot more things that are needed to make it a good day.
    Being out in the sticks, not close to anything and not easily accessible for people not wanting to drive doesn't help at all. Crowds will be 50% compared to what they would have been, had it been held closer to town.
    It's football, not s***er!!

no one reads this godforsaken forum other than you angry dads and morons
    well maybe the mods need to make it better,

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I don't think anyone has said anything about the playing surface other than the potentional state of it for ZPL firsts after all the prior games.
    The playing surface is about the only positive about hosting the GF there. Unfortuntely, there are a lot more things that are needed to make it a good day.
    Being out in the sticks, not close to anything and not easily accessible for people not wanting to drive doesn't help at all. Crowds will be 50% compared to what they would have been, had it been held closer to town.
    This is a good point in ZPL your talking Dudley,Suns, Warner’s Bay and Mayfield/Hamilton good luck getting public transport there or a $60-$80 uber. Crowd will be down so will beer sales cause the people that do go will have to drive anyway

Joint letter sent to Newcastle Football from Zone 2&3 clubs regarding concerns about Friday night GF.
    Wait and see now.

can you post a copy of the letter here?

We probably should have sent a letter from all Zone leagues about the grand final being out there!
    It's football, not s***er!!

can you post a copy of the letter here?
    Newcastle Football Association,
    South Maitland FC reached out to all the clubs participating in the Zone League two and three finals series and ALL are in agreeance in some respect to the following. We all understand the logistical issues for state league referees and grounds for Grand Finals weekend. Below clubs noted their interest in expressing their concerns of the Friday fixture.
    After another disrupted and long season it is vital the Zone League season goes out with a bang. A Grand Final spectacle shouldn’t see players, coaches and supporters have to rush home from work, take additional leave or decide if a late night is suitable for their children.
    Many interdistrict teams woke to the news they have been knocked out of the finals series on Saturday due to rain. Many of these participants look up to the Zone League competition and many will not attend on a late Friday evening.
    We should be encouraging clubs, junior participants and families to attend the games and then head back to their sponsors after the game. Sponsors will be closed and many juniors and families not wanting to attend.
    No matter who plays in the Grand Final clubs agree that we need as many people interested in Grand Final as possible, this includes those who miss out. I know South Maitland FC will be along to watch the Grand Final on a weekend even if we fail to qualify.
    We want the best players available and the best possible game on show. Many of the clubs haven’t played many, if any, games on a Friday night this season. Friday night transport is another huge problem for this venue and it will be all too late to head back to our sponsors venues.
    The lack of consultation with the clubs about this matter during what is already a testing time for the NNSWF and three Associations is disappointing. The clubs, participants, members, supporters and volunteers should be the Associations priority to ensure football continues to grow in the region and provides a Grand Final series for all to remember.
    Hopefully Newcastle Football will reconsider the Grand Final date and provide consultation with the clubs participating in the finals series.
    Regards,
    Final Series Participating Clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    We probably should have sent a letter from all Zone leagues about the grand final being out there!
    I’m sure nearly clubs would support it.

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    I’m sure nearly clubs would support it.
    Agree hard for them to argue with all their members

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    Many of these participants look up to the Zone League competition and many will not attend on a late Friday evening.
    Are there many attending? I can see some if their Zone league club is in the final and there is a strong connection between Zone and AA/O35 teams but if not, would they be looking to attend?

ZPL and ZL1 Final series postponed for a week