Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League final series

Hypothetically, does that mean if you'd had no wash out games to make up you could be going into a sudden death semi having not played for 3 weeks?

Spewing if the boys had already organised an end of season trip wknd after grandfinals. Every team usually has players that head off on a euro trip after finals too.

Disconnect with this decision making process is impressive.

Do I think if Northern were in charge could they do better.... No.

Do I think Newcastle football could do worse if they'd tried. No.

I think footballs doomed in this region.

Absolute joke of a decision. So are teams expected to play with half their teams on the grand final because it’s pushed back a week with two weeks notice and for the second time!
    It's football, not s***er!!

Nothing seems to amaze me with this lot. You can’t just change the date this close to grand finals, people have made plans FFS

Quote Originally Posted by Kicktheball View Post
    Nothing seems to amaze me with this lot. You can’t just change the date this close to grand finals, people have made plans FFS
    If they can’t get their shit sorted and games played by Thurs night. However the table looks is the semis this weekend and then if it washes out top 2 go through

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Absolute joke of a decision. So are teams expected to play with half their teams on the grand final because it’s pushed back a week with two weeks notice and for the second time!
    It’s definitely a last resort but also the most effective one. If the hierarchy of the game aren’t going to listen to our concerns and make these ridiculous decisions without consulting the clubs why don’t we just all band together and forfeit the finals series?

There’s not too many discussions that posters on this forum unanimously agree on but the farce of this finals series appear to be one. Would send a powerful message to those running the competition and by the sounds of it teams will be missing plenty of players anyway. Time to put our money where our mouth is?

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    We probably should have sent a letter from all Zone leagues about the grand final being out there!
    It’s not too late for that…

Quote Originally Posted by FairPlay2022 View Post
    It’s not too late for that…
    Will be done first thing tomorrow.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    post the associations' responses here too please

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    post the associations' responses here too please
    Well if Mayfield knock over Cardiff or have a draw. There is no point dragging it out cause the top 4 is locked in. Semis could be sorted tomorrow night

They’ve ****ed it again.
    As usual.
    Wasn’t to hard to fix but no.
    Knee jerk reaction to a clear and obvious problem.
    Soooooo Zpl and Zl 1 get extended.
    Zl2 & 3 play at Kurraka?
    Let me guess Sat Sun.
    RH it wasn’t where it was when.
    Now you’ve ****ed it again because there’s been no communication with anyone.
    Let’s see the emails flow at this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    They’ve ****ed it again.
    As usual.
    Wasn’t to hard to fix but no.
    Knee jerk reaction to a clear and obvious problem.
    Soooooo Zpl and Zl 1 get extended.
    Zl2 & 3 play at Kurraka?
    Let me guess Sat Sun.
    RH it wasn’t where it was when.
    Now you’ve ****ed it again because there’s been no communication with anyone.
    Let’s see the emails flow at this one.
    Both ZPL 2&3 Saturday 17th

ZPL 1 Sat 24th

ZPL Sun 25th

All games at Fletcher

Knee jerk reaction again. Zero communication or consultation.
    Couldn’t fix the stuff up of making Friday night grand finals.
    Instead of finding alternate venues, they just move the season back for two divisions assuming that everyone has kept 52 weeks of the year free for football commitments.

A summary of Zone league football this season:

Everyone knew about La Niña yet there was zero risk management prior to the start of the season

Weeks and weeks of games canceled with great difficulty trying to re-organise without getting approval from the 3 mafia bosses.

Suddenly late in the season a light bulb goes off and the 3 mafia bosses instruct clubs to play as many games as possible leaving it very late to achieve this. Im not sure what this was supposed to really achieve without communication to councils who have basically permanently closed some grounds for certain clubs. One thing I donÂ’t understand is why are grounds constantly closed? did anyone see the pitches that players such as Johan Cruyff played on? Imo if its good enough for Johan Cruyff to play on then itÂ’s good enough for me.

Then of course came the notification of 1 leg semi-finals which I havenÂ’t heard a single player or club person support.

Then came another notification of the venue for finals which again not a single player or club person supported for the following reasons:
    Revenue going to a non zone league club
    Transport to venue for supporters
    Viewing box at venue shut for a final lol
    Horrible pitch quality for zpl
    Not enough seats
    Friday games limiting player availability and support
    Genuine danger to community for drink driving

Well after extensive communication between clubs and outstanding organisational skills and commitment some clubs have played all their games with some players getting season ending injuries along the way due to the increased games within a short period of time. Today these clubs receive the news yes completely out of the blue that the finals have been postponed by a week. These clubs will now go into finals without playing a game for almost 3 weeks. To add to that many players with booked holidays who organised around the original final dates will now miss out of finals.

Anything i miss?

Who is RH

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Who is RH
    An absolute numpty

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.beautiful View Post
    A summary of Zone league football this season:

Everyone knew about La Niña yet there was zero risk management prior to the start of the season

Weeks and weeks of games canceled with great difficulty trying to re-organise without getting approval from the 3 mafia bosses.

Suddenly late in the season a light bulb goes off and the 3 mafia bosses instruct clubs to play as many games as possible leaving it very late to achieve this. Im not sure what this was supposed to really achieve without communication to councils who have basically permanently closed some grounds for certain clubs. One thing I donÂ’t understand is why are grounds constantly closed? did anyone see the pitches that players such as Johan Cruyff played on? Imo if its good enough for Johan Cruyff to play on then itÂ’s good enough for me.

Then of course came the notification of 1 leg semi-finals which I havenÂ’t heard a single player or club person support.

Then came another notification of the venue for finals which again not a single player or club person supported for the following reasons:
    Revenue going to a non zone league club
    Transport to venue for supporters
    Viewing box at venue shut for a final lol
    Horrible pitch quality for zpl
    Not enough seats
    Friday games limiting player availability and support
    Genuine danger to community for drink driving

Well after extensive communication between clubs and outstanding organisational skills and commitment some clubs have played all their games with some players getting season ending injuries along the way due to the increased games within a short period of time. Today these clubs receive the news yes completely out of the blue that the finals have been postponed by a week. These clubs will now go into finals without playing a game for almost 3 weeks. To add to that many players with booked holidays who organised around the original final dates will now miss out of finals.

Anything i miss?
    Na i think you nailed it.
    Well said.....but i believe the ground surface is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Na i think you nailed it.
    Well said.....but i believe the ground surface is pretty good.
    It was very spot on. Add the fact that after tonight all the semi finalist could be locked in and playing this Saturday in ZPL

So are all planned midweek games still going ahead? Or have any changed to the weekend ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    It was very spot on. Add the fact that after tonight all the semi finalist could be locked in and playing this Saturday in ZPL
    the rules state that if games are not completed before final series starts, they are deemed to be 1-1 draws.
    Thats how we were looking at it this week, can keep adding a week to the comps.

Is there any plans to film/ watch grand finals online? I won’t be able to attend all of them due to location. Bartv still a thing?