Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League final series

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    Surely this is a late April fools joke? If they are prepared to go play it out at woop woop then just give the GFs back to the clubs. Imagine Dudley Park for example packed out on GF day. Plus the money made will all go back into the Zone league clubs.
    If the Suns and Dudley make the grand final imagine the crowd on a flat ground trying to watch it and good luck keeping the supporters apart especially if it’s flat ground and hard to see. Least at Adamstown town the filled out the hills but away from each other

What a shit show. Can’t say I’m surprised.
    It's football, not s***er!!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    there's some aluminium bleachers there - enough to comfortably seat at least 50 people - uncomfortably many, many more

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    there's some aluminium bleachers there - enough to comfortably seat at least 50 people - uncomfortably many, many more
    Yeah the 1/10th the crowd might huddle in there. This is a very underwhelming compared to previous years. I think if clubs thought this was an option or the standard they would of put there hand up

Just let me confirm what has been posted.
    Are all Zone League GF’s being played out of Fletcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Shere Khan View Post
    Just let me confirm what has been posted.
    Are all Zone League GF’s being played out of Fletcher?
    Correct
    There will be 7 Grand Finals played on Ground 1 before the ZPL 1st Grade Grand Final

It sucks for the players. All year players look forward to playing a final at NPL grounds like magic, Charlestown, olympic, etc. but now they have to travel to Fletcher of all places.

From experience, the ground out there is an arid and miserable surface. I feel bad for our ZPL boys who will have to play on the Sunday.

For such an unusual decision to be made, is it possible only fletcher applied for the grandfinals?

Feel for zl3 and zl2 clubs, obviously the players will make it work but spectators aren't likely to jump in cars and head down to fletcher to cheer on there mates and families.

And yeh, any rain leading into or across the weekend will make pitch pretty rough come Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    For such an unusual decision to be made, is it possible only fletcher applied for the grandfinals?
    No. I know for a fact some NPL clubs applied.

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    No. I know for a fact some NPL clubs applied.
    Wow

Quote Originally Posted by gtg View Post
    From experience, the ground out there is an arid and miserable surface. I feel bad for our ZPL boys who will have to play on the Sunday.
    you'll be pleased to know it's actually a really good surface - my daughter had her miniroos game there on the weekend and the surface is really looking great

here's a shot I took - I think many of you guys will be pleasantly surprised with the good set up they've got there (not that I think this whole way they're organising the day is a great idea)

received_1282349472300286.jpg

Boz I’m hearing what you saying but my way of thinking is there’s been no communication between anyone from NPL down.

If they can’t host games (A)
    Then farm out the GF’S to their own divisions and let them recoup some money for FFS (B)

I’ve been to some ZPL finals, little own zone league finals that have a massive amount of people attending with all the organising etc I just don’t think it would be what it should be.
    No offence to Fletcher.

To me this a chance where Zone should put there foot down and look after us.

Boz I’m hearing what you saying but my way of thinking is there’s been no communication between anyone from NPL down.

Then farm out the GF’S to their own divisions and let them recoup some money for FFS (B)

I’ve been to some ZPL finals, little own zone league finals that have a massive amount of people attending with all the organising etc I just don’t think it would be what it should be.
    No offence to Fletcher.

Agreed they are underestimating the crowd that will attend. No offense but Fletcher isn’t set up for it. Maybe an ID grand final is suited out there

No offence to Fletcher.

Agreed they are underestimating the crowd that will attend. No offense but Fletcher isn’t set up for it. Or they are banking that cause the games are out there no one will go and watch cause it’s a trek. Maybe an ID grand final is suited out there.

The clubs need to kick up a stink if they aren’t happy

I agree that this is a terrible decision to hold it there
    - parking is a ****ing nightmare for starters
    - it's a long way from anywhere
    - there's nothing within coo-ee of the fields, no local pubs or food
    - having one single venue for these finals is a terrible idea for many, many reasons, all listed here

there should have been consultation, and if there was, I don't understand who from the clubs would have been for this arrangement - does someone who made this decision have some connection with the facilities out there at Fletcher?

all I am saying is that it's a nice field with a good amenities shed

Does someone who made this decision have some connection with the facilities out there at Fletcher?
    Sadly that was one of the first things to come to my mind.

I can’t understand how a big decision can be made like this without consulting clubs.
    If there was an obvious shortage of clubs not offering to host, then surely the federation should reach out.

At the Suns, we offered to host if we could do it on a Saturday, but were shut down. We’ve hosted the previous 3 grand finals in ZPL (prior to the last two seasons without finals). It’s a massive day to run. I don’t understand the obsession of having ZPL last.
    By taking it to Maryland, you have cut out countless supporters. Hardly any neutrals will want to head out there.
    Lack of public transport options. Next to no one can walk there.

The state of the ground come first grade on Sunday is anyones guess.
    It's football, not s***er!!

All 4 finals should be at separate grounds, each final is an event in it's own right.

The complex must have 4 sheds?

I agree that this is a terrible decision to hold it there
    - parking is a ****ing nightmare for starters
    - it's a long way from anywhere
    - there's nothing within coo-ee of the fields, no local pubs or food
    - having one single venue for these finals is a terrible idea for many, many reasons, all listed here

there should have been consultation, and if there was, I don't understand who from the clubs would have been for this arrangement - does someone who made this decision have some connection with the facilities out there at Fletcher?

all I am saying is that it's a nice field with a good amenities shed
    you are all forgetting, only one man makes the decision most of the time or maybe there to busy trying to overthrow Northern.

The ZPL Grand Final should be played at a ZPL ground and so on down.
    Keep the money in each comp FFS how else are clubs going to improve grounds.
    Playing at NPL grounds would be nice but your feeding money up and not into zone clubs.