Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Zone League final series

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    I can’t understand how a big decision can be made like this without consulting clubs.
    If there was an obvious shortage of clubs not offering to host, then surely the federation should reach out.

At the Suns, we offered to host if we could do it on a Saturday, but were shut down. We’ve hosted the previous 3 grand finals in ZPL (prior to the last two seasons without finals). It’s a massive day to run. I don’t understand the obsession of having ZPL last.
    By taking it to Maryland, you have cut out countless supporters. Hardly any neutrals will want to head out there.
    Lack of public transport options. Next to no one can walk there.

The state of the ground come first grade on Sunday is anyones guess.
    I know Olympic offered Darling St but obviously got turned down

Kurraka have rescheduled games on this Saturday lets hope the rain stays away

What a joke, same ground for all finals. What happened to the old rule of playing all grand finals at the best possible venues???

And if you do change it why take it to a club that doesn't have a zone league squad?? My guess is Maryland Fletcher are coming back to zone league next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanky View Post
    I know Olympic offered Darling St but obviously got turned down

Kurraka have rescheduled games on this Saturday lets hope the rain stays away
    What games have they rescheduled to play this Saturday? The ID finals start this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    What a joke, same ground for all finals. What happened to the old rule of playing all grand finals at the best possible venues???

And if you do change it why take it to a club that doesn't have a zone league squad?? My guess is Maryland Fletcher are coming back to zone league next year.
    or someone has connections with them, big pay day hosting GF's over 3 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    What games have they rescheduled to play this Saturday? The ID finals start this weekend
    Community does yes,
    Last edited by Jardelsimage; 30-08-2022 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    or someone has connections with them, big pay day hosting GF's over 3 days.
    This is the big question and if it because of that then heads must roll. If you add in Olympic rumour has it that 3 NPL clubs at least applied to host. Not sure how Fletcher beats them all out.
    Riverboy is right should go to the best ground available

Banned
    Luckily we have someone on huge $$ making all these decisions fair and equitable

My club looks unlikely to make finals in any grade but I even find this insane... any likelihood the venue could change? clubs considering formal complaints?

Quote Originally Posted by WeekendWarrior View Post
    My club looks unlikely to make finals in any grade but I even find this insane... any likelihood the venue could change? clubs considering formal complaints?
    They should all band together and demand answers on how this decisions was made. They need to realise they work for the clubs to get the best outcome. This surely isn’t the best outcome

Once these people make their minds up, there’s no changing it. Their way or the highway.
    The crowds at the games will be about 50% of what they would have been if they were at Adamstown, Magic, Darling street..
    It's football, not s***er!!

Simple. Federation is going to war with NNSW, and no way they would allow their grand finals to be held at a NNSW club's ground. They're putting politics over what's best for the game. They need to be held accountable for this. There isn't a single club that would be satisfied with this, except for Maryland-Fletcher.

Anything stopping clubs from objecting and hosting their own GF day, provided the 6 teams/clubs from the division involved are all happy with the idea?
    Imo, if there was a unified response that clubs were unhappy, surely their hands would be somewhat forced to allow it.

I’d be arguing ZPL want a good pitch, not one that’s seen a fair amount of traffic over the 2 days prior.

In general, transparency goes a long way. Informing clubs of WHY decisions are made, regardless of what that reason may be, goes along way to keeping parties happy. Maybe it is to announce Maryland fletcher are back in ZPL, maybe it’s a yearly lottery and they won, maybe they met all the criteria the best (publish this), maybe they know a guy who said it’s a good place and they went with that. Whatever the reason, let people know.

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    Simple. Federation is going to war with NNSW, and no way they would allow their grand finals to be held at a NNSW club's ground. They're putting politics over what's best for the game. They need to be held accountable for this. There isn't a single club that would be satisfied with this, except for Maryland-Fletcher.
    Your correct. The clubs need to get together and demand answers and change

Rumour is the lighting might not be up the scratch for the Friday nights games so that’s being looked at now after the federation received a email about them.

Quote Originally Posted by VelkiKurac View Post
    Rumour is the lighting might not be up the scratch for the Friday nights games so that’s being looked at now after the federation received a email about them.
    Word on the street is they have no Liqour license either. Celebrate a win with a raspberry cordial

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    you are all forgetting, only one man makes the decision most of the time or maybe there to busy trying to overthrow Northern.
    One man making a decision? Just blatantly untrue.

Wow what a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    Word on the street is they have no Liqour license either. Celebrate a win with a raspberry cordial
    Wow what a joke!

First finals series in three seasons and it's an absolute farce.

The zones only thinking about themselves with no thought whatsoever about the community clubs, volunteers, players and supporters. When will they realise that the game is not about them?
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by rawr. View Post
    One man making a decision? Just blatantly untrue.
    he has a lot of pull