Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Hunter member zones plan to overthrow NNSWF board

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    Maybe the question should be do we need to cover the expenses of 33 NNSW staff to run football across 3 competitions.
    Unfortunately 33 people don't run 3 competitions

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Unfortunately 33 people don't run 3 competitions
    NPL, NL1 and NPLW = 3 competitions add JDL and Sap/youth which are all basket cases.
    NNSW only added JDL/SAL/youth to place them into a better position for this takeover.

NPL, NL1 and NPLW = 3 competitions add JDL and Sap/youth which are all basket cases.
    NNSW only added JDL/SAL/youth to place them into a better position for this takeover.
    You are aware that quite a lot of the staff cover other areas and not the competitions.

They certainly didn't need JDL/SAP/Youth to place them in a better position. However, it does follow how other federations do things, football in the region is just behind the rest of the country. Part of the reason is that people don't want things to change include the zone boards who are comfortable with the way things are.

The current proposal by Northern (which you are so against), wants to consult with clubs to see what changes can be made to JDL to address the concerns raised by community clubs but the zones who are only looking after their own hides aren't interested in that. Which begs the question are they really representing their member clubs? Seems the answer is no

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    You are aware that quite a lot of the staff cover other areas and not the competitions.

They certainly didn't need JDL/SAP/Youth to place them in a better position. However, it does follow how other federations do things, football in the region is just behind the rest of the country. Part of the reason is that people don't want things to change include the zone boards who are comfortable with the way things are.

The current proposal by Northern (which you are so against), wants to consult with clubs to see what changes can be made to JDL to address the concerns raised by community clubs but the zones who are only looking after their own hides aren't interested in that. Which begs the question are they really representing their member clubs? Seems the answer is no
    So let’s see if I have this right . .
    Northern want credit for promising to consult in the future about the mess they have themselves created with JDL?

I don’t think the zone boards are at all comfortable with the way things are.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    So let?s see if I have this right . .
    Northern want credit for promising to consult in the future about the mess they have themselves created with JDL?

I don?t think the zone boards are at all comfortable with the way things are.
    I think NNSWF are promising to consult about all levels.
    Why do you think JDL is a mess? Not stirring, just interested in you opinion as to why.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    I think NNSWF are promising to consult about all levels.
    Why do you think JDL is a mess? Not stirring, just interested in you opinion as to why.
    Massively overpriced registration fees, scoreline blowouts (it?s simply not an elite competition) and the effect on community competitions. And that?s just for starters.

Massively overpriced registration fees, scoreline blowouts (it?s simply not an elite competition) and the effect on community competitions. And that?s just for starters.
    As someone who has a child who completes his 4th year of JDL this week I couldn't disagree more.

It's not supposed to be an elite competition, it is a development league.
    Many more young players are getting an increased amount of training sessions per week over a longer season than community.
    Fees for the amount of training sessions and games they play are very reasonable - I have 2 daughters who extra curricular costs are significantly higher than JDL.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    As someone who has a child who completes his 4th year of JDL this week I couldn't disagree more.

It's not supposed to be an elite competition, it is a development league.
    Many more young players are getting an increased amount of training sessions per week over a longer season than community.
    Fees for the amount of training sessions and games they play are very reasonable - I have 2 daughters who extra curricular costs are significantly higher than JDL.
    It may be a development league however if teams conceding or even scoring 10 goals in a match is considered the norm then I fail to see how that is good for development? Maybe the training isn’t up to the required standard?

You’re entitled to your opinion on fees. I believe it is far too expensive but perhaps you’re in a better financial position than myself or maybe I’m a just tight bastard. Simply comes down to personal opinion. All I know is that graded interdistrict football is much more affordable.

It may be a development league however if teams conceding or even scoring 10 goals in a match is considered the norm then I fail to see how that is good for development? Maybe the training isn?t up to the required standard?

You?re entitled to your opinion on fees. I believe it is far too expensive but perhaps you?re in a better financial position than myself or maybe I?m a just tight bastard. Simply comes down to personal opinion. All I know is that graded interdistrict football is much more affordable.
    The goals per game definitely decreases as the kids progress through from 9?s-12?s as all the kids improve. My sons team scored 10 goals or more 2-3 times in the last 3 years and are a very strong team. A good coach manages a game and his players to prevent them running away with games by playing kids out of their comfort roles, offering the opposition to play extra player/s, etc, etc.

I?ve also seen clubs that really struggled improve immensely over the course of a season or two with the right coach.

The program might not be perfect, but I think it is doing a very good job at providing a good foundation of skills for a greater quantity of players.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Massively overpriced registration fees, scoreline blowouts (it’s simply not an elite competition) and the effect on community competitions. And that’s just for starters.
    I'm ok with the registration fees given what you get for your money. My older son's team trained once a week at Speers Point which was included in his rego fee. In a year like we have just had, obviously this was a sound investment by the club. I can see it being a barrier to some families though.

Scoreline blowouts happen in every level of the game - Celtic & Liverpool both scored 9-0 wins over the weekend for example. My younger son's MiniRoos team regularly scored 10+ goals a game this season (No, not the U7 version without a keeper). The team is not graded in any way, it is a group of schoolmates playing in a team together. Back to JDL, in 2021 the competition was geared towards the "stronger" teams playing each other more. The "smaller" teams revolted against this. I'm no fan of NNSWF, but they are damned if they do, damned if they dont it seems with regard to fixturing.

The effect on community competitions is the removal of the more talented players from those competitions, agreed. What is not looked at is the flip side of this. Our kids were bored in some MiniRoos games. This isn't an issue that is easily fixed though. MiniRoos by design is non-competition & teams are placed at random into groups. If community football tried to address this, I believe some players would be less inclined to take the JDL pathway. A simple change could be made in the U8-11 age groups of MiniRoos. Instead of clubs nominating the number of teams that they have, differentiate the number of teams that a club nominates into "competitive" and "social" (e.g. a club has 4x U10 teams. Club nominates that 1 team wants to play "competitive" and the other 3 social). Group the competitive teams together & the social teams on different groups. This may alleviate the problem of non-competitive matches. At worst, try it and see if it works. It can't hurt.

Banned
    The JDL is a fairly overhyped concept that makes kids and parents feel a bit special which is ok but the fees are a joke. $600 would be a fairer price or a bit more if training 3 nights.
    You can easily attain above average levels up until 12s that ive seen over the past 5 years in jdl level with daily school yard play and a some added YTube coaching. Seen it done. The top players will rise regardless.
    I feel we also need some added competitive comps from 11 onwards as the current play can be quite slow and passive.

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    The JDL is a fairly overhyped concept that makes kids and parents feel a bit special which is ok but the fees are a joke. $600 would be a fairer price or a bit more if training 3 nights.
    You can easily attain above average levels up until 12s that ive seen over the past 5 years in jdl level with daily school yard play and a some added YTube coaching. Seen it done. The top players will rise regardless.
    I feel we also need some added competitive comps from 11 onwards as the current play can be quite slow and passive.
    Im not sure you could be any more condescending but well done regardless.I swear its the new Godwins law of this forum.Somehow,eventually,it all comes back to grown ups shitting on kids who just want to enjoy their football.Its a weird obsession you and your miserable friends have but well done on getting yet another shot in while others are discussing football governance in this region.

WOW, this deteriorated quickly from a discussion about the governance of the game to bashing JDL.
    Isn't that why the JDL forum got canned.

WOW, this deteriorated quickly from a discussion about the governance of the game to bashing JDL.
    Isn't that why the JDL forum got canned.
    Correct,and hopefully the moderators realise its not the subject matter,its the same few clowns that are the problem.Anyway back on topic (hopefully).

It may be a development league however if teams conceding or even scoring 10 goals in a match is considered the norm then I fail to see how that is good for development? Maybe the training isn’t up to the required standard?

You’re entitled to your opinion on fees. I believe it is far too expensive but perhaps you’re in a better financial position than myself or maybe I’m a just tight bastard. Simply comes down to personal opinion. All I know is that graded interdistrict football is much more affordable.
    How many times do people need to be told? This isn't the forum for this.

And your proposal is that this shouldn't be fixed but the status quo should remain.

You seem to complain about everything wrong, but don't want the structure or governance to change.
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 02-09-2022 at 10:07 AM.

I wonder who the NL1 teams would back. Got to wonder if they are happy with the way NNSWF run their comp.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Lets amalgamate the zones, everyone works in the same building, do secondments or redundancies as required.
    We could call it NSW Northern or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Lets amalgamate the zones, everyone works in the same building, do secondments or redundancies as required.
    We could call it NSW Northern or something similar.
    Amalgamating the 3 Hunter Region Zones definitely has merit, if only from a cost saving perspective. Less offices, 1 CEO, can keep the same total headcount & reclassify roles etc.

A question to ZL clubs - what is the cost to players for playing? Is it the same as an all age player in the sense that they pay
    - FFA fee
    - NNSWF fee
    - Macquarie/Newcastle/HV fee
    - Club fee

or is the structure different? looking at the NNSWF rules it appears the payment structure is different, hence my question.

JDL discussions posts removed. As several people mentioned this isn't the correct thread for it.