Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter member zones plan to overthrow NNSWF board

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    The current plan is to consult with clubs and determine the best course of action as well as determine when and if clubs would like this to happen.

Seems that by wanting to consult with clubs and zones Northern have made a mistake. They should've just done what FQ did and forced it on everyone without consultation and without consulting with clubs on the best way forward.

As for your comment regarding Eland, he is supported by the Zones.
    he was supported by the zones, DE only does what he wants to now, thinks he is above all.

ZL do not want to go under Northern again, you only have to look at the promotion/relegation scenario to start with.
    DE has already started putting plans in place to put people in jobs that do not exist until they overtake the zones, zones run technically fine and could do with maybe 1 or 2 more but not 10.
    Northern are over staffed, over staffing generally means wasted $$, who do you think pays for all that stuff, we do....

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    I don't know how you think the zones support DE.
    They got him put back in when he was removed last time. They did exactly this when things didn't go the way they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    he was supported by the zones, DE only does what he wants to now, thinks he is above all.

ZL do not want to go under Northern again, you only have to look at the promotion/relegation scenario to start with.
    DE has already started putting plans in place to put people in jobs that do not exist until they overtake the zones, zones run technically fine and could do with maybe 1 or 2 more but not 10.
    Northern are over staffed, over staffing generally means wasted $$, who do you think pays for all that stuff, we do....
    Right now there are 9 people running the group and you're saying that they could do with 1 or 2 more which is what Northern proposes. Considering the full 10 was across all of Northern NSW and 7 current member zones. That's before you take into consideration all the boards each one of these zones have, why do we need all those positions as well? Who do you think pays for the expenses for those 21 board members? We do.

The way the ZL people complain about how the leagues are run and managed gives added weight as to why they wouldn't want to remain under three groups of people all doing the same job.

The zones are the reason why DE is in place and pushed to ensure he was put in his spot and retained there despite a previous board composition removed him. The zones did a take over and put him back in his role. If you don't support the decisions of DE and complain about all he has done to ruin football in the region, you can't support the zones who pushed to put him in place. Anything wrong with football because of DE is the fault of the zones.

They already get cash for it, we over pay because for some reason community football in Newcastle needs to have 3 CEOs, 3 Operations Coordinators, 3 Administrators, a board for each zone (where they get expenses paid for out of your rego), and then also an over arching interdistrict board (again expenses paid for).

No wonder the 3 zones are against it, to much of a cash cow for them.

We see in the Zone threads how terrible the decision making is to run the Zone leagues by all these people.
    And Northern are the perfect decision makers for our game to move forward in your opinion? The zones do make mistakes yes as seen by the recent finals thread. However at the end of the day they are responsible for over 50 thousand players combined across NNSW. For the most part I believe they do a decent job. Northern are responsible for what? 2k players? And even with such a small number they have so little confidence amongst a large portion of the football community.

They have never had community footballs best interests at heart. Giving them full control would be a complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    They got him put back in when he was removed last time. They did exactly this when things didn't go the way they wanted.
    Wasn’t that over 10 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    And Northern are the perfect decision makers for our game to move forward in your opinion? The zones do make mistakes yes as seen by the recent finals thread. However at the end of the day they are responsible for over 50 thousand players combined across NNSW. For the most part I believe they do a decent job. Northern are responsible for what? 2k players? And even with such a small number they have so little confidence amongst a large portion of the football community.

They have never had community footballs best interests at heart. Giving them full control would be a complete disaster.
    Now Zonal, don't fall over, but that's a great comment of yours, totally agree with you on this one.

Now Zonal, don't fall over, but that's a great comment of yours, totally agree with you on this one.
    We were due to agree on something eventually haha

Right now there are 9 people running the group and you're saying that they could do with 1 or 2 more which is what Northern proposes. Considering the full 10 was across all of Northern NSW and 7 current member zones. That's before you take into consideration all the boards each one of these zones have, why do we need all those positions as well? Who do you think pays for the expenses for those 21 board members? We do.

The way the ZL people complain about how the leagues are run and managed gives added weight as to why they wouldn't want to remain under three groups of people all doing the same job.

The zones are the reason why DE is in place and pushed to ensure he was put in his spot and retained there despite a previous board composition removed him. The zones did a take over and put him back in his role. If you don't support the decisions of DE and complain about all he has done to ruin football in the region, you can't support the zones who pushed to put him in place. Anything wrong with football because of DE is the fault of the zones.
    have you ever tried to have a conversation with DE, i have and if it doesn't go the way he wants, he ignores you or changes the subject and that was on a golf course so it was pretty casual.

The zones put him back there yes, more than likely the worst decision they made as he want to hang them out.

not sure which league involved in now days goatscheese, but how the this town is run is a shambles, unless your one of the chosen clubs, just look at the shithole they built at speers point.

you know what in the end i don't really care who runs football in this town, as long as they have all the football community in mind not just the elite ones, because from where i stand it looks a hell of a lot like that.

I remember when the GM of Newcastle Football unveiled their million dollar office a few years ago and he said they had money in the bank for a rainy day and they need their own premises. A few rainy days later and the local Clubs would argue that $1m would have been better spent on an artificial pitch locally or 10 drainage upgrades around town. You don't need multiple layers of governance. All it does is create agendas. Some poor decisions are made at all levels, but at least the Northern version is governed by a national blueprint. Fold the zones, liquidate assets, caveat that all funds are invested to build artificial pitches or invest in local grounds. Pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    I remember when the GM of Newcastle Football unveiled their million dollar office a few years ago and he said they had money in the bank for a rainy day and they need their own premises. A few rainy days later and the local Clubs would argue that $1m would have been better spent on an artificial pitch locally or 10 drainage upgrades around town. You don't need multiple layers of governance. All it does is create agendas. Some poor decisions are made at all levels, but at least the Northern version is governed by a national blueprint. Fold the zones, liquidate assets, caveat that all funds are invested to build artificial pitches or invest in local grounds. Pretty simple.
    100%

The extra layer of governance here is the problem. Money is being wasted on bureaucracy.

There is literally nothing the zones do that couldn't be done by Northern if they bought in the staff to do so.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

The only difference between God & DE is that God doesn't think he is DE
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    100%

The extra layer of governance here is the problem. Money is being wasted on bureaucracy.

There is literally nothing the zones do that couldn't be done by Northern if they bought in the staff to do so.
    Except if you and Scone had bothered to read the room you would see that a large portion of the common football folk have absolutely zero faith in Northern being trusted with the responsibility of community football. And why should they have confidence in them? The NNSW NPL competitions have major flaws. Giving the federation complete control with NO ONE in a position to hold them accountable would be completely irresponsible.

Banned
    Except if you and Scone had bothered to read the room you would see that a large portion of the common football folk have absolutely zero faith in Northern being trusted with the responsibility of community football. And why should they have confidence in them? The NNSW NPL competitions have major flaws. Giving the federation complete control with NO ONE in a position to hold them accountable would be completely irresponsible.
    So if Zones are currently running their comps better than NNSW comps, we need DE because?

Lets just employ a dedicated government grants person instead and smash cash into fixing infrastructure.

Perhaps if NF spent their cash amongst the community clubs they might have a more solid support base. Mayfield Juniors must drive past the $1m office and ask the question why........I am not saying Northern are perfect but the national model is being adopted around the country and it is held to account across varying levels of constraint. Local football at Community level gets nothing currently. Seemingly it is the same in the other zones and Northern Inland have shown that a change in governance is not a bad thing. Make it happen and get in with giving back to the Clubs.

When James Johnson and the FA came out and announced a review a few years ago.
    He stated that there was no need for federations there functions are a duplication of the FA. He stated it was best to remove the federations.

From what I am reading it seems those supporting NNSW football are aligned with NPL clubs.
    If it comes to a vote. The zones have the majority votes.

For what it’s worth, I have zero faith in either the Zones, nor Northern, when it comes to the responsibly of running any level of football. From the NPL down to MiniRoos, the administration is self serving, deliberately secretive, riddled with irresponsible spending choices and completely out of touch with what is happening at clubs.

you know what in the end i don't really care who runs football in this town, as long as they have all the football community in mind not just the elite ones, because from where i stand it looks a hell of a lot like that.
    Right now it they have little responsibility and only some oversight because the zones have got the control and responsibility and it isn't the best and you've said it is a shambles. So the solution is to keep things as they are? If Northern are given the responsibility and accountability for it then they will have to look after it more and care more.

The argument made that Northern only look after their competitions and don't look after competitions ran by others so we don't want them to look after it, is similar to complaining about the state government only caring about spending infrastructure and they don't care about garbage collection when that is a council responsibility.

And just to answer the question, I play in a zone league but my fiancée plays in a Northern league
    Last edited by Goatscheese; 30-08-2022 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Perhaps if NF spent their cash amongst the community clubs they might have a more solid support base. Mayfield Juniors must drive past the $1m office and ask the question why........I am not saying Northern are perfect but the national model is being adopted around the country and it is held to account across varying levels of constraint. Local football at Community level gets nothing currently. Seemingly it is the same in the other zones and Northern Inland have shown that a change in governance is not a bad thing. Make it happen and get in with giving back to the Clubs.
    I believe one of the reasons the clubs don’t get as much as they should is because the Zones have to pay 100s of thousands of dollars of fees back into Northern at the end of each season. So you ask why local football get nothing? Maybe you should direct that question towards Northern? If the zones kept that money maybe community football would get its fair share instead of most of it being spent on Northerns junior development programs.

Northern aren't perfect, never said that.

Removing the zones as a layer of bureaucracy is still a good thing and one I will wholeheartedly support.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Northern aren't perfect, never said that.

Removing the zones as a layer of bureaucracy is still a good thing and one I will wholeheartedly support.
    The FA's model was to remove the federations but DE is saw that he would lose his 240K a year job and decided it was best to get rid of the zones.
    NNSW run 3 competitions, there is no elite program anymore.
    Maybe we should ask why did Tennis NSW get rid of DE