Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Hunter member zones plan to overthrow NNSWF board

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    The FA's model was to remove the federations but DE is saw that he would lose his 240K a year job and decided it was best to get rid of the zones.
    NNSW run 3 competitions, there is no elite program anymore.
    Maybe we should ask why did Tennis NSW get rid of DE
    Why not get rid of DE and the zones?

New regime at Northern, fresh ideas, a few people might realise they are there to facilitate the delivery of the sport rather than push everything back on volunteers. One office not 3, one ceo not 3, one football operations team not 4…🤷*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    I believe one of the reasons the clubs don’t get as much as they should is because the Zones have to pay 100s of thousands of dollars of fees back into Northern at the end of each season. So you ask why local football get nothing? Maybe you should direct that question towards Northern? If the zones kept that money maybe community football would get its fair share instead of most of it being spent on Northerns junior development programs.
    Your beliefs are wrong, the money Northern currently get off Zone and ID players are paid for in the rego. Same with the money the FA get off those players as well.

All very well to be against the proposal (a proposal which at this stage is just to consult with clubs and leave it up to them when they want the change to be made if any), but at least ensure you argue with the correct information.

Quote Originally Posted by travellingman View Post
    The FA's model was to remove the federations but DE is saw that he would lose his 240K a year job and decided it was best to get rid of the zones.
    NNSW run 3 competitions, there is no elite program anymore.
    Maybe we should ask why did Tennis NSW get rid of DE
    Federation to run the 6 divisions with help from a couple of redundant Zone staff, oh and promotion and relegation all the way through

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Federation to run the 6 divisions with help from a couple of redundant Zone staff, oh and promotion and relegation all the way through
    Would be ideal

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Right now it they have little responsibility and only some oversight because the zones have got the control and responsibility and it isn't the best and you've said it is a shambles. So the solution is to keep things as they are? If Northern are given the responsibility and accountability for it then they will have to look after it more and care more.

The argument made that Northern only look after their competitions and don't look after competitions ran by others so we don't want them to look after it, is similar to complaining about the state government only caring about spending infrastructure and they don't care about garbage collection when that is a council responsibility.

And just to answer the question, I play in a zone league but my fiancée plays in a Northern league
    Dont get me wrong, we need change and need it now and remember Northern had control years ago, to much work for them and handed all but the elite grades back, they struggle to run a promotion/relegation between two comps, NPL and NPL1.
    they are at times as bad as each other, but zones are far more easier to deal with at most things then northern and i have to deal with both over the years.

Or we could get rid of them all and start again.....this in the end could be the shake up Northern and the zones need , if they listen to the ones that matter the most, all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Dont get me wrong, we need change and need it now and remember Northern had control years ago, to much work for them and handed all but the elite grades back, they struggle to run a promotion/relegation between two comps, NPL and NPL1.
    they are at times as bad as each other, but zones are far more easier to deal with at most things then northern and i have to deal with both over the years.

Or we could get rid of them all and start again.....this in the end could be the shake up Northern and the zones need , if they listen to the ones that matter the most, all of us.
    This is where individual experiences come into play. Who have you had worse dealings with, etc.

To be honest I would be almost as happy if northern were dissolved and the zones took everything over. However the anti bureaucrat in me would prefer to see less CEO's, boards, etc.

Consolidating zone & federation responsibilities into one structure would reduce duplications in senior management and technical roles. It would also reduce physical footprint and allow for staff budgets to be allocated toward more competition administration and club support where it should be.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    And don’t forget about every other football competition from MiniRoos to O/35s between Swansea & Lismore. I don’t think you appreciate just how big a task and how much responsibility it actually would be.

Banned
    Be better to remove DE rather than the Zones. Saving 240K is one worth doing

Things need to change, but having a staff of maybe 20 tops administering every competition from Miniroos to O35s between here and the Queensland border isn't the answer. Sorry. There are layers and layers of bureaucracy in the governance of football, purely because there is a lot of governing that needs to be done.

However, having the three local zones acting in silos and then 'coordinating' as a federation to administer the majority of football in this area is a clear duplication of duties. I trust they inherently know this, and considering most employees are lifers, they're happy with the status quo as is. A lot of the secretive stuff they do is done under the cover of theses silos. Hunter, Newcastle and Macquarie need to be merged in order to give it more financial clout, and in the formation of a new entity it will allow all member clubs the opportunity for a new charter to be set that will be relevant for the times and the ambition of local football.

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    NNSW isn't responsible for local clubs at the moment, all those PAID employees in the zones are. If clubs are not getting service at the moment, then you have answered your own question about if they should exist.
    Yes they are, as are FA. That's why a portion of our registration goes to both NNSWFA and FA if they aren't responsible for local clubs then why have they been collecting administrative fees?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Yes they are, as are FA. That's why a portion of our registration goes to both NNSWFA and FA if they aren't responsible for local clubs then why have they been collecting administrative fees?
    They are responsible for a general oversight, not running the competitions and looking after the clubs in the zones.... I think you'd find the zone takes double the amount that FA and NNSW take together.

https://northernnswfootball.com.au/t...t-of-football/

Quote Originally Posted by Villians View Post
    Things need to change, but having a staff of maybe 20 tops administering every competition from Miniroos to O35s between here and the Queensland border isn't the answer. Sorry. There are layers and layers of bureaucracy in the governance of football, purely because there is a lot of governing that needs to be done.

However, having the three local zones acting in silos and then 'coordinating' as a federation to administer the majority of football in this area is a clear duplication of duties. I trust they inherently know this, and considering most employees are lifers, they're happy with the status quo as is. A lot of the secretive stuff they do is done under the cover of theses silos. Hunter, Newcastle and Macquarie need to be merged in order to give it more financial clout, and in the formation of a new entity it will allow all member clubs the opportunity for a new charter to be set that will be relevant for the times and the ambition of local football.
    I'm with you, this seems the most realistic middle ground which would probably best achieve the actual goals of the review and get some efficiencies in the system.

Banned
    They are responsible for a general oversight, not running the competitions and looking after the clubs in the zones.... I think you'd find the zone takes double the amount that FA and NNSW take together.

I dont think we should justify FA, NNSW stealing fees any longer. As Villian mentioned, we need reduce duplication of roles starting with centralizing admin on all levels.

The link you shared doesn't paint a good picture of NNSW....

Using Newcastle Community Football as an example:

Total Average Rego Cost:

Entry level (u5-u7): $164.75
    Junior (u8-u11): $200.22
    Youth level (u12-u18): $254.56
    Senior (19+): $359.71

Of that, the Fees charged by the various governing bodies is:

Entry level (u5-u7): FFA $14 NNSW: $19.80 Newcastle $39.80 Total: $73.60
    Junior (u8-u11): FFA $14 NNSW: $36.41 Newcastle $39.79 Total: $90.20
    Youth level (u12-u18): FFA $14 NNSW: $49.50 Newcastle $45.30 Total: $108.80
    Senior (19+): FFA $33 NNSW: $132.9 Newcastle $52.21 Total: $218.20

NNSW charge pretty much the same as Newcastle Football for Entry level, Youth and Junior
    NNSW charge 2.5x Newcastle football for Senior

Newcastle does all the comp management, referee allocations, discipline etc etc
    What does NNSW do for their money?...well 20% of their fees went to "Promoting and growing the game"....geez could they be any more vague...yes they could.... 17% went to "Leading and delivering the game"....

Then lets compare gov fees to club fees

For each grade,

Entry level (u5-u7): Total Avg Cost: $164.75 Gov Body Fees: $73.60
    Therefore Avg club taking is $91.15

Junior (u8-u11): Total Avg Cost: $200.22 Gov Body Fees: $90.20
    Therefore Avg club taking is $110.02

Youth level (u12-u18): Total Avg Cost: $254.56 Gov Body Fees: $108.80
    Therefore Avg club taking is $145.76

Senior (19+): Total Avg Cost: $359.71 Gov Body Fees: $218.20
    Therefore Avg club taking is $141.51

For that clubs need to pay for:
    Referees fees
    Ground Hire
    Ground maintenance - line marking, mowing
    Equipment (Balls, Bigs, goals, nets, flags, playing strips etc)
    and I'm sure a thousand other things!

To put that in perspective, in the Senior community NNSW takes $132.9 per player to "promote and grow the game" while the clubs take $141.51 to literally run the bloody game. Newcastle Football taking $52.21 to manage all comp stuff seems like pretty good value...

Quote Originally Posted by terry View Post
    Be better to remove DE rather than the Zones. Saving 240K is one worth doing
    Well to start with lets hope they actually do get rid of the board who have given him that multi year 240k contract. That should be a sackable offence in itself.

Well to start with lets hope they actually do get rid of the board who have given him that multi year 240k contract. That should be a sackable offence in itself.
    that 2 now zonal, we are getting on

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    that 2 now zonal, we are getting on
    Dear me next thing you pair will be having beers at Evan’s park this Saturday

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    more inflammatory text messages coming out of NNSW just now

that's where your rego fees are being spent on

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    What does NNSW do for their money?
    You will find that quite a large part covers the insurance for players.

Regardless though, our fees could be lower if we didn't need to pay for 3 CEO's, 3 Competition Administrators, 3 Ops Managers. And cover the expenses of 3 boards comprising of 21 members. Do we really need 21 board members to cover Zone and ID comps in Greater Newcastle?

The board tried to sack him and the Zones came in replaced the board and had him reinstated. Perhaps the Zones should be abolished for that act