Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Hunter member zones plan to overthrow NNSWF board

Quote Originally Posted by northern_swan View Post
    Amalgamating the 3 Hunter Region Zones definitely has merit, if only from a cost saving perspective. Less offices, 1 CEO, can keep the same total headcount & reclassify roles etc.

A question to ZL clubs - what is the cost to players for playing? Is it the same as an all age player in the sense that they pay
    - FFA fee
    - NNSWF fee
    - Macquarie/Newcastle/HV fee
    - Club fee

or is the structure different? looking at the NNSWF rules it appears the payment structure is different, hence my question.
    I can only answer from a player side, not the club side.
    I believe the ZL fees are slightly higher than All Age, as I think there may be a comp entry fee.
    But I think at least at our club the final rego cost to players ends up being pretty similar.

I rego'd for Zone league this year, total $410 which had
    FA - $33
    NNSW - $133
    Macquarie - $50
    Club - $194

I don't know what the all age rego total is for sure but I would estimate $350-$400

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Lets amalgamate the zones, everyone works in the same building, do secondments or redundancies as required.
    We could call it NSW Northern or something similar.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I can only answer from a player side, not the club side.
    I believe the ZL fees are slightly higher than All Age, as I think there may be a comp entry fee.
    But I think at least at our club the final rego cost to players ends up being pretty similar.

I rego'd for Zone league this year, total $410 which had
    FA - $33
    NNSW - $133
    Macquarie - $50
    Club - $194

I don't know what the all age rego total is for sure but I would estimate $350-$400
    Yikes, my rego for O35's was $440.

The breakdown of governing costs is exactly the same between ZL / AA / O35 then.
    Last edited by Aegon; 02-09-2022 at 10:00 AM.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Northern's information zoom session for tonight has been cancelled

In zone league who looks after the competition? A fee is paid for rego to nnsw and Newcastle football so I’m not sure.

Regardless who’ve mostly looks after zone league has done a horrendous job this year. If they put their hand up to manage any league you play in… run away … and run as fast as you can!

In most companies if you pay for a service you get a cost breakdown of what you pay for.. maybe this would help with deciding better football options

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.beautiful View Post
    In zone league who looks after the competition? A fee is paid for rego to nnsw and Newcastle football so I’m not sure.

Regardless who’ve mostly looks after zone league has done a horrendous job this year. If they put their hand up to manage any league you play in… run away … and run as fast as you can!

In most companies if you pay for a service you get a cost breakdown of what you pay for.. maybe this would help with deciding better football options
    Zone league is run by RH on behalf of the Zones, Newcastle, Macquarie and Hunter.

There is a breakdown, which does exactly that, shows who gets what.

There were some ordinary decisions made this year in regard to Zone Football, with Mondays the cream on top of a big shit pile complicated by the weather and not so straight thinking, previous years the comps have been run fairly well.

If you want to look at the other side, Northern there have been some very ordinary decisions made there also, but that's been going on for over 20 years, if not more, so maybe this will help in deciding better football options also.

Thanks for insight

The season has been affected by weather which was exasherbated by shit grounds dished up by Councils. In Newcastle the pathetic decision of the local Zone 3 yrs ago to build an office for 3 staff that cost $1m is never questioned. $1m could have been spent on a full sized artificial pitch and training spaces at nearby Stevenson Park or elsewhere in Newcastle. Newcastle Council wanted to build a facility but they needed a Club or Clubs to contribute. Ineptitude of the highest order. If that facility existed we would not be having these discussions and washouts would be reduced drastically. Their Letter to all hiding behind the weather is a farce. Sell the building. Work from home have your meetings at a local bowlo and build the facility. Community football numbers will dwindle and Basketball or AFL will thrive at junior level.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.beautiful View Post

There is no hiding from the fact that some very questionable decisions have been made by NF in recent weeks none more so than pushing the GFs back another week at late notice.

However let’s give a little bit of credit to NF. Their members were unanimously in disagreement of their decision, voiced their concern and the association has then gone on to reverse their decision. This is an example of where i think locally centralised governing of the game does work. If a scenario like this played out up in Lismore or Port Mac do you think they would be satisfied having an organisation down in Speers Point sorting it out for them? Would we want a bunch of suits down in Sydney making all our decisions? No chance.

Anyway well done on this one NF you made the right call eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonal Marking View Post
    There is no hiding from the fact that some very questionable decisions have been made by NF in recent weeks none more so than pushing the GFs back another week at late notice.

However let’s give a little bit of credit to NF. Their members were unanimously in disagreement of their decision, voiced their concern and the association has then gone on to reverse their decision. This is an example of where i think locally centralised governing of the game does work. If a scenario like this played out up in Lismore or Port Mac do you think they would be satisfied having an organisation down in Speers Point sorting it out for them? Would we want a bunch of suits down in Sydney making all our decisions? No chance.

Anyway well done on this one NF you made the right call eventually.
    Was that before or after they made their decision? Sounds like having someone "local" played no part in it at all....

Quote Originally Posted by FlatScreen View Post
    Was that before or after they made their decision? Sounds like having someone "local" played no part in it at all....
    I’m sorry I’m not sure what you’re implying?

I’m sorry I’m not sure what you’re implying?
    I'm implying;

It wasn't "someone local" that saved the day, it was the clubs. "The someone local" actually f%^ed it up.

I'm implying;

It wasn't "someone local" that saved the day, it was the clubs. "The someone local" actually f%^ed it up.
    Indeed yet we have the same people wanting these local people to keep running things

I'm implying;

I never said they saved the day however in the end they actually listened to their stakeholders concerns and changed their decision. The wrong decision was originally made yes but it was also corrected because they listened to the people they represent. In the end isn’t this what we want? Our governing bodies to actually listen to us?

I never said they saved the day however in the end they actually listened to their stakeholders concerns and changed their decision. The wrong decision was originally made yes but it was also corrected because they listened to the people they represent. In the end isn’t this what we want? Our governing bodies to actually listen to us?
    Yes, it's good that they listened. BUT.... their approach of asking for forgiveness rather than permission is my major concern.