Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ALM 22/23 Round 1 - Mariners v Jets - 1700 8/10/22

Turns out he hasn't been subbed and he continues his general crapness for the disallowed second.

I was starting to be critical of certain players for a while, then I realised that absolutely everyone on both sides was playing like rubbish. So it must have been the heat and lack of match fitness.

Pretty happy Pappas changed his tactics a few times to make sure we didn't have many 1v1 situations to defend. You can see that he has a system at least, Monty has been relying on 3rd tactics of punishing mistakes without any ability to control the game for too long. When conditions ruin the ability to play, having a decent system is more important than ever. Any mistake were always covered by other players being in the correct position for any situation.

Take the points, work hard this week and make sure we are better next week when the heat isn't an excuse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The only appropriate way to celebrate this win was to take that stupid troohy and hurl it through the first glass pane you see on the street outside that shitbox stadium.

We are top of the league gents, its all ours to lose.

Which we will.

Hail Griff.
    Hail Stu.
    Hail Jobe.

**** the gypos, simon, hutcho and welfare cheats everywhere.

GRIFF!!!!!

So funny watching bogan Coasties hurling abuse at Jets fans behind them when they thought they scored.

Oblivious to what was unfolding behind them and the many bemused looks that followed was better than a goal.

What happened to McGarry and Piscopo?
    I didn't see any injury update from the club.

Opinions on Beka D? I'm honestly confused.

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    What happened to McGarry and Piscopo?
    I didn't see any injury update from the club.

Opinions on Beka D? I'm honestly confused.
    Your comment re B2 rather ironic. Walking back to the train station my young bloke said and i quote " whats the go with B2, For 10 minutes he will boss the game and the next 10 he goes like a busted ass and that cycle just repeats itself for the entire time he is out there.

Piscopo they said Calf iniury

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Your comment re B2 rather ironic. Walking back to the train station my young bloke said and i quote " whats the go with B2, For 10 minutes he will boss the game and the next 10 he goes like a busted ass and that cycle just repeats itself for the entire time he is out there.
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one...

I absolutely loved hearing that ****ing loser Cummings cry on the broadcast about the correctly disallowed goal. Suck me off you bum
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    I absolutely loved hearing that ****ing loser Cummings cry on the broadcast about the correctly disallowed goal. Suck me off you bum
    hey, he is the 3rd best Aussie striker we have, Duke, McClaren and Cummings, he no bum.... he's a Socceroo

Says alot about this league when a journeyman striker who couldnt start behind Leigh Griffiths at Dundee becomes one of the better strikers in the comp. Same with MacLaren too, couldn't hack it in the Cinch (who people constantly slag off) but is the League's best scorer in history
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    hey, he is the 3rd best Aussie striker we have, Duke, McClaren and Cummings, he no bum.... he's a Socceroo
    He's only a Socceroo for the PR benefits not because he deserved itz as evident by how he looked in the minutes he has played in our colours, same nonsense that got Arzani on the plane and Kuol too. At least those two knew where Australia was on a map before last year.

He's statistically on par or worse than D'Agostino and well behind Taggart, Duke and Maclaren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

But he has the most important attributes - a memorable nickname and a sick goal celebration.

First, I love the concrete trophy.

Second, with the exception of Sasho, I do not love ex-Mariners. I especially lack love for Trent Buhagiar.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    He's only a Socceroo for the PR benefits not because he deserved itz as evident by how he looked in the minutes he has played in our colours, same nonsense that got Arzani on the plane and Kuol too. At least those two knew where Australia was on a map before last year.

He's statistically on par or worse than D'Agostino and well behind Taggart, Duke and Maclaren.
    Thing is if the guy signed for the Jets the guy would be an instant hero

The guy has that bit of swagger that we ain't seen since a guy called Joel played up front for us

Just not as sharp as the mariners tonight.

Why on earth have we dropped Weier for Duncan? Honestly baffling. Duncan has absolutely no command of his box, looks like he has zero confidence

Also are they serious about cumdingos? Gee whiz that's embarrassing. Cumdingos. Bet he shoots all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Just not as sharp as the mariners tonight.
    We’re as sharp as a fkn bowling ball

Natta's arm is only still that high because it hit the Mariners player. He headed that ball first anyway?How do you jump with your arms by your side ffs. VAR is garbage. I'm losing interest the A-League tbh.

Fold the club and fold the league

That could not be a penalty but a cursory glance and it is given.....joke.