Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 22/23 A-League Men | Match Day 02 | Newcastle Jets v Perth Glory

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Racking my brains think it was Nordstrand v Pissants last time we won in injury time
    Someone asked me the same question on Twitter - here is your answer

https://twitter.com/jeterpool/status...18537284071424
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Plague dropping truth bombs, as usual.

Great work.

It would be remiss of me not to pay all respects to baldrick. Shoutout to you my friend.

Amini is the legit most useless footballer this shitshow league has produced. At least Virgilli left to go to NPL, this gypo shitheap had to pay for a ticket to Dortmund and got lost in their training facility on a stadium tour.
    Imagine hanging your hat on getting a run in a Dortmund coaching clinic while true legends like Jobe and Stu got us to a World Cup and won the league.

Amini is Arzani with an afro, and with father time looking fit and fast its only a matter of time before the thing starts receeding even further and we have a Leo Sayer impersonator in the national comp.

Dont fret though, he'll be on the bus to qatar, and he'll embarrass himself and his family even further. Harper and co already frothing at the pathetic haircut montage with him and Rhyan Grant during the coverage in a desperate attempt to keep the kids awake while Namibia plays Fiji at a stadium shaped like a vagina.

Hail Griff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Someone asked me the same question on Twitter - here is your answer

https://twitter.com/jeterpool/status...18537284071424
    There's a typo in the first one

Pretty certain that length of the field goal was when Griff hit it with the outside of his foot and not Nick Carle

Two questions:

Why does the Facebook Jets community hate Pappas so hard? He's no GVE but I haven't yet seen that he warrants the shit he cops.

Why does this forum hate Zadkovich so hard? He is a legend of this club, right up there as our best ever (players, not coaches of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Two questions:

Why does the Facebook Jets community hate Pappas so hard? He's no GVE but I haven't yet seen that he warrants the shit he cops.

Why does this forum hate Zadkovich so hard? He is a legend of this club, right up there as our best ever (players, not coaches of course).
    1. Facebook is a swamp frequented by morons, bored housewives and sexual predators luring strangers to their houses with the promise of a good price on a 2nd hand broom. The bigger question is why the **** are you on facebook?

2. You see the shirt that shit coach was wearing? You're either with us, or against us. No place for sentiment.

Praise Griff for giving us Pappas and for giving us many Bekas.
    The sight of the coaching staff and assorted hangers on storming the field after the winner must have been like the Nazis seeing Matt Damon coming at them up Normandy beach.
    Inspirational.

Hail Griff.

GRIFF!!!!!

Two questions:

Facebook is a literal sh*thole of the worst opinions you can find. Those idiots even gave positive response things to say about GVE, which is the best way to prove how little they know about football.

We just beat them at the death with 10 men, people were excited. Nobody really hates on Zads it was just that he was the one coaching those amateurs and he's clearly not hear coach material right now, poor bloke is well over his wonderfully shiny head and he knows it. Perf just can't attract anyone else right now so he is all they've got.

Also, I'll assume your comments about legend and best ever was just hyperbole. He was definitely legendary at skying long shots into the go kart track, I'll give him that.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    1. Facebook is a swamp frequented by morons, bored housewives and sexual predators luring strangers to their houses with the promise of a good price on a 2nd hand broom. The bigger question is why the **** are you on facebook?

2. You see the shirt that shit coach was wearing? You're either with us, or against us. No place for sentiment.

Praise Griff for giving us Pappas and for giving us many Bekas.
    The sight of the coaching staff and assorted hangers on storming the field after the winner must have been like the Nazis seeing Matt Damon coming at them up Normandy beach.
    Inspirational.

Hail Griff.

GRIFF!!!!!
    Plague and Frodo being each other's multi confirmed...
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

2nd goal dissection: Props to O'Neill and Sotirio for creating the end result.

The corner comes in and Hoff calmly taps it to O'Neill who hoofs it into space for Sotirio to run into.
    Note that Sotirio starts his run from about 12-14yds out.
    I think he loses a shin pad? about level with the edge of the home side of the centre circle. (It could also be the Peruvian goal keepers' notes...)

The best moment for me is when Sotirio jinks Mitch Oxborrow with a feigned shot and reels him in hook, line and sinker.
    Oxborrow is in 2 minds and doesn't know whether to commit or defend.
    Williams potentially ***ks up too. He runs past B1 looking at the ball and not HIS man.
    Sotirio looks up and unselfishly releases it to B1 who doesn't sh!t the bed and slots it past poor hapless, helpless and hopeless Liam Reddy.
    Cue scenes.

Early leavers eating a bag of Budda's former avatar.

3rd with a game in hand.
    Bring on the Nix
    Klyden, after inhaling the smoke from a cigarette:- (S02E11)
    "I feel as if I have been standing my entire life, and I just sat down."
    The Orville - returning to SBS. June 3rd, 2022

Also note: Beka was standing right next to Oneill when it was cleared. Hes gone the length of the paddock at full tilt to get to his spot. To then shove the breaks on and open out for Sotirios pass was some proper technique.
    His movement, positioning and poise should be 1st video any of these asshole youth coaches should be showing anyone wanting to play striker next lesson. But they wont, it will be back to Timmy Cahill header highlights and wheetbix commercials.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Facebook is a literal sh*thole of the worst opinions you can find. Those idiots even gave positive response things to say about GVE, which is the best way to prove how little they know about football.

We just beat them at the death with 10 men, people were excited. Nobody really hates on Zads it was just that he was the one coaching those amateurs and he's clearly not hear coach material right now, poor bloke is well over his wonderfully shiny head and he knows it. Perf just can't attract anyone else right now so he is all they've got.

Also, I'll assume your comments about legend and best ever was just hyperbole. He was definitely legendary at skying long shots into the go kart track, I'll give him that.
    Hockey players also scored the odd game ball to take home after Rubes bombed away.

Did anyone else think the crowd figure for this game was lower than it looked in the ground?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Did anyone else think the crowd figure for this game was lower than it looked in the ground?
    Totally agree. Felt much larger v Perth when compared to the Wello match but they were both relatively the same (7089 v 7028)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles