Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Walk out music

Get the Funbusters out of retirement if they want a real show.
    Sculling beers through a funnel, swapping shirts with hot chicks.
    Now THATS entertainment!!!!

Gold Cadillac or Pork Hunts...or stfu...

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Don't think it went really well having it played as a walk out song. Some were singing NTUA, some were clapping, some were cheering. Seemed to lose the impetus that could be generated from it.

Play it 5 mins before kick off. Then silence from the PA as the teams come out
    Problem wasnt the song, it was the band playing it live. Wasn't loud enough, was too slow, just didn't work.
    Plus they were singing Bieber and ****ing One Direction. Did they think they were performing in front of an entire stadium of 10 year old girls?
    Needed some pub rock to get Novocastrians in the mood ffs
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    muse went off at half time

From Bay 55, I really liked the band, who were right in front of us. NTUA sound and felt really good on our side. I can understand how it would not work for the whole stadium though. Was it coming through the speakers around the ground?

However, I can't believe that they played that song after NTUA until kick-off. Once again killing off any spirit in the crowd.

They don't seem to understand what makes crowd excitement tick, and think that people have to have "entertainment" shoved down their throats until the very last moment. It is seriously turning me into a prawn sandwich eater. If that's what they want then then that is what they will get. Just don't blame the supporters when there is no "atmosphere".

Agree - to be honest you can't wait for kickoff so that all the advertising, announcements and music coming out of those speakers louder than an AC/DC gig stops. That first minute or two after kickoff is usually such bliss....and you can talk to your mates without yelling.

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    I really liked the band

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Haha, fair enough. The music I listen to is mainly dictated to me by my wife and kids so I'll pass your thoughts onto them.

I don't really know what other kind of music you can play to 14,000 people who are all of different ages and backgrounds. I thought a boy band covering a whole heap of girl band pop music was good enough for harmless pre-match entertainment. Certainly don't think any criticism of them is deserved.

deadset that band was terrible, they should get the bloke from club LED to play choons before the game imo

Don't think the band worked well in that environment, at least not the NTUA section. Play the actual song over the (probably) very expensive PA FFS. People who can't really sing (me) don't mind belting it out when it's getting sort-of hidden behind a wall of decent sound :-)

Just sing it loud and proud mate. From my experience, noone in the ground can sing it well

At least the club is trying something new which is a good thing. I think.

The band managed to seamlessly go from "Living on a Prayer" to "Highway to the Danger Zone" mid song. How can that be bad?

Personally, while I didn't like the band (never been a fan of coverbands at all), I thought the concept was fine. Only thing I really would have changed was to have NTUA played over the PA from the original recording.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Personally, while I didn't like the band (never been a fan of coverbands at all), I thought the concept was fine. Only thing I really would have changed was to have NTUA played over the PA from the original recording.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    The band managed to seamlessly go from "Living on a Prayer" to "Highway to the Danger Zone" mid song. How can that be bad?

+1,000