Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HAL 12/13 Round 1 - Other Fixtures

first impressions are that victory much improved in attack, still complete numpties in defence.

a better team would be destroying them i feel.

heart looking good on the counter.

also loving the ABC commentary on ABC digital. way better than slater. even if they are pretty pro-victory (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    also loving the ABC commentary on ABC digital. way better than slater. even if they are pretty pro-victory (in my opinion).
    Agreed. Loving being able to listen on the radio.

42,032. WOW
    Last edited by GazFish35; 05-10-2012 at 10:50 PM.

42000+ good to see the season is off to a such an awesome start. lets hope the crowds come at the lesser drawing clubs.

Look out Vik-Tree, da Hoff is on!

Definitely a great to keep tabs form the UK! I miss seeing the game, though....

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Agreed. Loving being able to listen on the radio.

42,042. WOW
    Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    42000+ good to see the season is off to a such an awesome start. lets hope the crowds come at the lesser drawing clubs.
    don't get too excited, they might be counting seagulls.

need to spread some aspirin on the field 2 hours before kick off to deal with the gulls.

seriously though, great first up crowd.

Someone show our mob this post match on how to behave after a derby.....

Geez. Ange is taking it hard. Not used to losing Ange? brrahahaha

Harper with an early entry in the stupidest commentator award: "it's all to do with the arousal".

to be fair, he is looking at Mel.

Harper with an early entry in the stupidest commentator award: "it's all to do with the arousal".

to be fair, he is looking at Mel.
    MFKS - Where are you right now?

I'm on my phone so can't post pics but can someone please post a photo of Hayden Foxe in all his splendor?
    Red cap, red hair, red/white shirt, red shorts, socks pulled up, boots on, shirt tucked in.
    Priceless.

Dead set first kid bashed at school hey.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    I'm on my phone so can't post pics but can someone please post a photo of Hayden Foxe in all his splendor?
    Red cap, red hair, red/white shirt, red shorts, socks pulled up, boots on, shirt tucked in.
    Priceless.

Muscat does the same thing.
    Victory shirt,shorts,socks and boots
    Last edited by Hamma12; 05-10-2012 at 11:05 PM.

Yeah but red hair and red kit though.........

Point and winner, Foxe.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Aloisi is a classic on the touchline.

You can see how Ange is trying to get Victory to play from back to front but it will take time for the team to be able to play this style effectively. The Heart pressed very high and the Victory defence found it hard to get out which led to several mistakes that cost them a goal and should have cost them a few more. In attack they haven't gelled properly yet either, but the sings are there that, when they get it right, they will be a force. My main concern with them was that they didn't have enough width at times.

Heart played well and should have had a few more goals. Garcia had a brilliant debut, he could prove to be a key player in the league this season. The new central defender looked quite shaky, while Fred was excellent as per usual and the wingers were a constant threat. McAllister is actually an impressive footballer when playing in a team that can pass the ball.

All in all, it was a great start to the season.

42,042!!!!
    I can just see the anti-football types in the media who have been saying the A-League is dead for the last couple of seasons wiping the egg off their faces.
    Great match to open the season. Good to see Flores back in the HAL; he is a class act, although I have to admit I do miss Hernandez already....he thrived on these sort of games. Victory seem to still have some work to sort out at the back and in adapting to Ange's philosphy of playing out, while Heart have shown that they are strong all over the park and will prove a lot of the so-called "experts" wrong this year.

Yeah, I don't know what Foxe was thinking either.....looked like he had just come off the set of "Beauty and the Geek". Gave the Hoff a nice tap on the backside just before he went on too!!!

Priceless.

This is the only one I could find (with very limited searching...)

https://twitter.com/WankersFullKit

For other hilarious examples
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Yeh, not a good look for Foxe.

On Victory, I thought that their defence is still very slow and with their full/wing backs pushing on, it left alot of room for Hearts speedier players like Maté and Williams to get in behind them and then whip in a cross. Agreed McCallister looked a lot better than he has.

Can't wait to see how Griff, Heskey and Taggart/Goodwin/Brown tear them to shreds.

Still on Heart, they need to realise that they score by avoiding the keeper and putting the ball into the net. FFS how many chances did they have in the 2nd half that they kicked straight into Thomas. They weren't good saves, just hit too close to him.

Priceless.

Pissin my self laffin. Tbh i thought Fox e was a Swan trainer in post season.

Pizza guy is dougy from back in 90's