Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BK - número uno

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    As others have mentioned, he was kicking it straight into a howling southerly. That makes it pretty hard to be accurate except for short passes along the deck.
    Maybe gve should tell him not to kick against a strong wind??

The enforced use of BK for at least the next game raises an interesting question : Does GVE put Birraz straight back in as soon as he is available, or does BK get yet another chance to prove himself?

For the record, I think BK is a decent shot stopper, but surely Birraz wouldn't have signed from Adelaide just to remain on the bench as he was under Galekovic? I will be watching intently as it all unfolds.

As others have mentioned, he was kicking it straight into a howling southerly. That makes it pretty hard to be accurate except for short passes along the deck.
    Galekovic kick into the same wind?

Quote Originally Posted by namwob99 View Post
    Galekovic kick into the same wind?
    He did, and he also struggled in the 2nd Half. Birraz 1-bounced a goal-kick all the way to Galekovic when the teams had switched sides

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Before the intitial ball was played Ritter was stepping up as the free man to the edge of the box to pick someone up. Zadko let his man go and run through unopposed to put the cross on. Mitchell and Neville both allowed their men to get goalside despite intiially being goal side of them. Ritter wasn't to blame he was unlucky in that he was moving out to close down and as the ball was played in behind had to change direction and turn and that made him look like he was doing nothing.

Your right Plague BK should have been guarding his near post. Can't fault that. But once the shot don't come and a ball is played across the face of goal within reach the only salvation was for the keeper to dive and cut it out. The dive may have been in vain. It may have cut the cross out. We will never know. My gripe is that after covering the post he should have been diving when that ball went into the 6 yard box every time.

Why because not diving achieves nothing. He ain't gonna stop a tap in from 2-3 yards out unless the attacker ****s it right up with biblical pedigree. Better off diving and at least being on the ground having tried to cut the cross out as the attacker smashes into the net rather than standing there with a look on his face like he had missed the last bus home as BK did as Ramsay smashed the ball into the net
    Hahaha this. Almost to a tee. Good analysis MFKS. Ramsay I would say is the quickest player across the pitch in the Aleague. So no surprise he was all alone again at the finish. I hear Ramsay is almost on call up for international duty in another country. BK to stay.

will he stay or will he go nowwwwww
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Hey d00dz, it's been a while
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

I hope he gets a run.

But fear he won't.

No way the club can sell birraz to the Germans if he's sitting on the bench.

No way the club can sell Birra if he plays either.

BK played for the shirt and for the fans. So what if he's not a world beater - at least he cares .

Give him a game - simple fact is that Birraz made worse mistakes last night than those that have cost Pasfield and Coe their spots.

You stuff up - you get dropped to ponder your sins, simple.

Is Carney going to be dropped because of his shyte free kicks?
    Is Caravella going to be dropped because he's shyte?
    Is Heksey going to be dropped because he can't use his feet?

As a keeper, you make a mistake, it's a goal. Outfields stuff up and the world keeps on turning. How many times has he saved our arse in the last 1.5 seasons?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

As a keeper, you make a mistake, it's a goal. Outfields stuff up and the world keeps on turning. How many times has he saved our arse in the last 1.5 seasons?
    About the same number of times bk did in the lead up to his bad patch that led to him being hung drawn and quartered.

If nothing else he should be dropped for that ridiculous tweet last night.

Dropped by Zane, or dropped by Reagan, I really don't mind.

Banned

Love that you are fighting the fight but Birraz is gone. He may have been able to talk his way out of the first **** up but the second one?? Yep keepers make **** ups and they need to sit it out for a spell and earn their place in the team again

Hang on he will probably play next week anyway despite this with the clowns we have in charge anyways .

How Birraz played last night after the scuffle with reegz this week is beyond me.
    Hang on same clowns in charge again

Tbh member, the second was much more understandable than the first. I am just simply against the keeper being the scapegoat.

As for the scuffle, it was my understanding that it was a headclash that Regan came off second best in.

Finally, you're expecting Zane to show some balls. I will be truly surprised if he drops Birraz.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

lol, scapegoat? ffs

If you're comparing that effort to an outfield player's, it would be equivalent of receiving the ball on half-way, turning around and sprinting towards your own net and blasting it into the top corner. This would then be followed by pulling down your pants and taking a huge turd in the middle of the pitch.

Hell, even I think he's been good overall this season, but mistakes like that deserve automatic benching.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    pulling down your pants and taking a huge turd in the middle of the pitch.
    Would be the greatest thing to ever happen

Pretty sure most keepers have far less touches than outfield players do and yes their mistakes usually end up as goals but being caught out when a bloke shoots from a dead ball from half way is more than a mistake. I can understand if it's a howling wind and the keeper is off their line(though only barely) but in this case he simply got caught going to get a drink or to clean his gloves ( though after 40sec I don't know why you would need to) or some other rubbish excuse for simply not concentrating.

He is a good shot stopper but some of his other keeping attributes are lacking.

For once i actually agree with member he shouldn't have been playing after the training dust up.

Banned
    Tbh member, the second was much more understandable than the first. I am just simply against the keeper being the scapegoat.

As for the scuffle, it was my understanding that it was a headclash that Regan came off second best in.

Finally, you're expecting Zane to show some balls. I will be truly surprised if he drops Birraz.

This blokes two moments of 3 that got him in the paper this week show all that is wrong with this club.

Bloke involved in scuffle with teammate. Does the club show leadership that this type of behaviour/professionalism/standards is unacceptable. No they select one of the participants int he next game.

Whatever happened obviously was a serious enough issue that both Reegz and Birraz had to explain themselves and Deans was gibbering on about it crossing the line

As for Zane not dropping Birraz well to me he has no ****ing choice in the matter. Making errors is one thing but to make a couple and not get punished shows an acceptance for mediocrity by rewarding low standards and shit play

Hang on. Thats what our club stands for Mediocrity

Birraz will play next week MARK MY WORDS

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    This would then be followed by pulling down your pants and taking a huge turd in the middle of the pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Would be the greatest thing to ever happen
    Me agree!

Jesus effing Christ they get to use their hands FFS.
    Keepers deserved to get roasted if they stuff up.