Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1258

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    Hang in there Sam

Good news on one your points hopefully coming soon.
    All members of the Squadron to wear Kilt on the South Hill....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    All members of the Squadron to wear Kilt on the South Hill....
    can see the mass mooning coming now...

Club lacks identity, so piggy back onto someone else's???

The 12 year olds shouldn't be feared.
    It's not "lame" to stand next to the next generation of supporters.
    Turn up no matter the age of those around you. Not coming into the bay's because of the age of those there is bizarre. Bring some mates your own age and raise the average age if you're so worried about it. Or find some of older blokes and introduce yourself.
    Active support isn't about image or caring what others think, just get stuck in, make noise, support the team, stand and sing no matter who you're standing next to so long as they are supporting your team. Age isn't nor should it be an issue.

Gold, green, pink, purple, red, blue, doesn't matter, the team is representing Newy.
    Turn up no matter the colour the shirt. Again, you said we lack an identity, for many people the Gold kit gave us exactly that. To say you'd not support the team because of the shirt colour..... Maybe active support isn't for you...... Maybe the jets isn't for you because we've had way bigger issues than the colour of our shirt, you're gonna need to be able to roll with the punches of disappointment in many things the club does if you're joing the jerks fan family.

Just turn up and help make noise.

And while I agree the hill will be better, it's not from being on TV.
    It's from being surrounded by GA.

Welcome. Be prepared to finish 7th

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Club lacks identity, so piggy back onto someone else's???

The 12 year olds shouldn't be feared.
    It's not "lame" to stand next to the next generation of supporters.
    Turn up no matter the age of those around you. Not coming into the bay's because of the age of those there is bizarre. Bring some mates your own age and raise the average age if you're so worried about it. Or find some of older blokes and introduce yourself.
    Active support isn't about image or caring what others think, just get stuck in, make noise, support the team, stand and sing no matter who you're standing next to so long as they are supporting your team. Age isn't nor should it be an issue.

Gold, green, pink, purple, red, blue, doesn't matter, the team is representing Newy.
    Turn up no matter the colour the shirt. Again, you said we lack an identity, for many people the Gold kit gave us exactly that. To say you'd not support the team because of the shirt colour..... Maybe active support isn't for you...... Maybe the jets isn't for you because we've had way bigger issues than the colour of our shirt, you're gonna need to be able to roll with the punches of disappointment in many things the club does if you're joing the jerks fan family.

Just turn up and help make noise.

And while I agree the hill will be better, it's not from being on TV.
    It's from being surrounded by GA.

Welcome. Be prepared to finish 7th
    Well said, Gaz..

#foreverseventh
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Sam23 View Post
    First, I feel the club reeeaaalllyyy lacks identity. This starts with the colours..

The new 15/16 kits have been revealed for example, and on this forum I see ideas for a supporters scarf with the emerald/cinnamon. I just dont see the point of having a scarf that isnt remotely like the clubs colours (i get the whole history argument but c'mon..

Last point, I want to join the squadron but I dont want to be watching football with about 200 12 year old's around me.
    fair points imo

squadronz old boys are over to the right
    Last edited by hawk; 24-09-2015 at 04:20 PM.

time to move back to bay 2

Good numbers and participation tonight

Need people to keep the enthusiasm up for the entire game, and for more than 2 reps of a chant.
    Will also help when new batteries are purchased for the mega
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Sorry I couldn't make it guys and girls. Was absolutely shattered after moving house through the day.

Bring on Friday night!

Hi Guy's Hope you don't mind my comments but but I've never been good at keeping to myself if I thought they might help.

I sit in Bay 54 and originally supported the Squadrons move to bay 60 agreeing that being in the western stand might help engage more support, but have since changed my mind especially after doing a bit of a vox pop of friends and strangers (about 20 random people).

I don't think we are getting the full force of the Squadrons chants. We could hear the cave last night and tbh they sounded pretty good. The Squadron may have been just as impressive but the noise would have been going away from us not towards.

You may be all over this but anyway these are the thoughts of myself and a few others.

Cheers

Is it a volume thing? Or people just don't want to join in? Or both?

Will get them all to turn and face you on Friday night and we will see if you can hear us.

Sounded better than we have in years watching the telecast back.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by GrantB View Post
    Hi Guy's Hope you don't mind my comments but but I've never been good at keeping to myself if I thought they might help.

I sit in Bay 54 and originally supported the Squadrons move to bay 60 agreeing that being in the western stand might help engage more support, but have since changed my mind especially after doing a bit of a vox pop of friends and strangers (about 20 random people).

I don't think we are getting the full force of the Squadrons chants. We could hear the cave last night and tbh they sounded pretty good. The Squadron may have been just as impressive but the noise would have been going away from us not towards.

You may be all over this but anyway these are the thoughts of myself and a few others.

Cheers
    that is correct

this could change if you guys join in from the adjacent stands or a group starts from the eastern side. the options are always open

you and friends are most welcome to come down to bay 60 as well

Thanks for the invite and I might take you up on the offer, but I know a lot go the people I sit with are a similar age to me e.g. well over 50 or are young families.

Me and my mates do try to get the others to join in but in real terms we are lonely voices in the crowd and from bay 54 the Squadron are a noise in the background.

I'll be there next Friday trying to rev em up. Cheers

Keep up your effort, although a lot of people may not join in they do appreciate what you guys do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Will get them all to turn and face you on Friday night and we will see if you can hear us.

Sounded better than we have in years watching the telecast back.
    No worries Blackmac I'll let you know.

Are you guys doing the Jet Stream mag this year? (I use to be Grunta until I forgot my password)

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    do you want to be Grunta again?

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    do you want to be Grunta again?
    Yes thanks. I've had that nickname for a long time, so I would be happy to have back on the forum.

Hey grantb feel free to come join bay 60 on Friday night. You will have a good time.

Really felt a sense of organization amongst bay 60 on saturday night.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 19-10-2015 at 10:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Any of the pissheads from the front of the south east corner post on here? I, on behalf of the pissheads standing behind you would like to get in contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    Any of the pissheads from the front of the south east corner post on here? I, on behalf of the pissheads standing behind you would like to get in contact.
    Wasn't there Sat but that is my usual locale. Don't think the other boys post here (or if they do I don't know their usernames)