Page 1 of 63 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Active Support Feedback Thread

I thought that after the first home game of the season it would be a good idea for a thread discussing problems/improvements

So chuck any issues/feedback/etc in here including anything that we may need to raise with the club/stadium/etc to improve matchday experience (ie any issues with stadium staff and/or security procedures)

My impressions from Rd 1
    People were actually involved and getting into it for the first half despite going down a goal inside 60 seconds
    security were fine once they introduced themselves and worked out that they didnt need to overpolice, they will be strict on the standing on seats however - one warning and then you will be ejected is the message we have been given.
    second half was rubbish from an active standpoint, winning or losing people need to keep up the effort for the entire game
    Spontaneous Heskey chant was class, I think Timmys one was too complicated for some people
    Once a chant starts keep it going for a few minutes, not a few seconds

We will be continuing to tell people pregame that bay 1 and 2 are active areas and to stand and sing, if you arent interested then move out of the bay. Next home game will have flags (small and large) throughout the bay to create a bit more colour and movement. If you dont like your view being blocked, again feel free to sit anywhere else.

Was it my imagination or were there still families who bought seats in bay 2?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

could people up the back hear the drum and Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Was it my imagination or were there still families who bought seats in bay 2?
    There were quite a few families up the back plus a few random old dudes just sitting there.

I think saying it is bay 1 and 2 might be pushing it as you can tell the people who don't want to get involved to move to bay 1. Bay 3 is normally more full and if security police it they can't sit there anyway as it is more expensive?

Also, i swear as much as most people but the language coming from some people is ridiculous. Just makes them sound stupid. Nothing you can do about it i guess but i just wanted to voice my concerns anyway. Clever chants fine. Vulgarity is not funny and really not required (unless it is against the coast, then go for it).

In chanting or in general Pete?

A bit of both. It is mainly the idiots that yell back every time they are asked to chant etc. They find themselves so funny but i don't think anyone else agrees. Part of my issue is i have my family there and i am still part of active support. I have moved them away from bay 2 but the idiots sit right on the edge and they are exposed to language i would prefer they weren't. That part is my problem but there is one bloke in particular whose face i would love to smash in if i were that way inclined

Not bad in the first half, less cut outs then usual. I liked that chant you are heskeys bitch, but confused who is heskeys bitch?

I personally got abit tired and found myself struggling to keep up with the active support (had 2 hours sleep the night before so that obviously did not help) so I went and found an empty seat near halfway and sat down and watched the game in the second half.

And nice work on the pullover, need more of them this season. Their fun to stand under
    Last edited by Superdylan; 08-10-2012 at 08:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    Not bad in the first half, less cut outs then usual. I liked that chant you are heskeys bitch, but confused who is heskeys bitch?
    Well, the chant went up right after Heskey flattened Galekovic... so I don't know, maybe Ian Ramsey?

that megaphone was too loud to be honest.
    I was sitting in the back row of the bay, in pommyjohns seats and my hears were hurting.

I can only imagine it being deafening if any closer and i think that might put some people off, you spend the first few seconds of a chant trying to work out which one it is, and the mega was so loud you couldnt hear it, (i know that doesnt make sense) or waiting for your ears to recover.

also-

"he wears 9 on his back"

not what was starting the chant yesterday

with fishes added addition it should go something like this;

he wears 9 on his on back
    clap x 5 (guessing)
    he is our marquee
    clap x 5
    he is better than messi
    clap x 5
    and his name is heskey

than some sha la la, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    I liked that chant you are heskeys bitch, but confused who is heskeys bitch?

FMD Were you at the game???

the words don't fit the rhythm of the chant

he wears 9 on his on back
    clap x 5 (guessing)
    he's our marquee
    clap x 5
    better than messi
    clap x 5
    he is heskey

got nine on his back

???

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete View Post
    Bay 3 is normally more full and if security police it they can't sit there anyway as it is more expensive?
    bay 3 is the same price as bay2/bay1/ga. bay 4 onwards is more exxy.

can confirm the back third of bay 2 (aside from the "cool kids" ) were not really involved and many were sitting down. i can only assume that these people were not told/warned about bay 2 being active support only.

someone from the club should come around and ask them next week if they'd prefer their season ticket moved to bay 3... still some unclaimed seats there.

I did announce before kickoff that both bay 1 and 2 were active and your view would be restricted by people standing, flags etc and that people could move to bay 3.

Is it worth doing another active bay leaflet drop to notify n00bs and cutouts?

Banned
    Bring the flags back. That gave some the message last season. Anyone seen not participating in Bay 2 during the game should have someone plant a flag right in front of them. Flag only moves when they get with the program or GTFO

flags will be back from next game anyway.
    We usually spend the first game concentrating on getting back into the swing of things with the songs and chants

Banned
    What was the yellow and red striped flag for???

Sort of looked like a show of support for some obscure European Colony.

Couldn't work that one out

No idea, one of the bay 1 boys may be able to answer that

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post

Is it worth doing another active bay leaflet drop to notify n00bs and cutouts?
    Yep good idea
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    FMD Were you at the game???
    Well I had a couple drinks before kickoff and forgot moments of the game.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 08-10-2012 at 01:21 PM.