Page 60 of 63 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1258

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I have concerns that if the current state of affairs between the 2 supporter groups continues that Newcastle will be left without Active Support.

I hope that sense prevails and some common ground can be sought, because after a long battle with ineptitude on the field and in the board room - the club actually seem to be turning things around.

At the end of the day, I hope we all want the same thing - to support the team and be there for them.
    Disagree

I think ain't a battle between NCL and Squadron

NCL doing theirown thing their own way

Squadron can do what they like

Where the he'll this talk if merging come from??

Obviously no understanding of what NCL is about

Blokes going to the football and having a good time.
    No rules no control no organisation

Football supporting is supposed to be fun .

Is it fun for those not being in the Squadron any more??
    That probably why the numbers constantly shrinking.

It just isn't fun

It be very interesting to see what sort of turn out NCL get v Victree

Show how many out there just want to go have fun at the Jets games again

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Disagree

I think ain't a battle between NCL and Squadron

NCL doing theirown thing their own way

Squadron can do what they like

Where the he'll this talk if merging come from??

Obviously no understanding of what NCL is about

Blokes going to the football and having a good time.
    No rules no control no organisation

Football supporting is supposed to be fun .

Is it fun for those not being in the Squadron any more??
    That probably why the numbers constantly shrinking.

It just isn't fun

It be very interesting to see what sort of turn out NCL get v Victree

Show how many out there just want to go have fun at the Jets games again
    I think the talk of merging is logical when everyone departs the active support area during a game and goes and sits on the grass terrace.

The problem I see will be FFA's interpretation of active support "outside" a designated area. They had the spotlight thrown on them with the fence collapse so I expect increased security over there next game - I have no doubt FFA will be monitoring, especially when RBB is due to march past that area in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The problem I see will be FFA's interpretation of active support "outside" a designated area. They had the spotlight thrown on them with the fence collapse so I expect increased security over there next game - I have no doubt FFA will be monitoring, especially when RBB is due to march past that area in the coming weeks.
    The rbb can do what ever they at our ground cause the retarded secos are too scared to do a thing. But dont breath if you wear red n blue cause that will get ya thrown out.

So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?

[QUOTE=Dezy;173367]So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?[/QUOTE

Everyone get in Bay 1 and support as 1 this Saturday night against the Victory

Together We Can Soar.

N N NCL

[QUOTE=Serd1;173480]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezy View Post
    So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?[/QUOTE

Together We Can Soar.

N N NCL
    Wont the secos kick everyone out?
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

[QUOTE=StannyCFCJET;173483]
    Quote Originally Posted by Serd1 View Post

Wont the secos kick everyone out?
    Yes. No one will be on Bay 1.

The terrace NCL have made "home" I sit right above, the seco's Police were eye balling them non stop during the last game. Don't see them lasting long without someone stepping in.

[QUOTE=Roundball Enthusiast;173485]
    Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post

Yes. No one will be on Bay 1.

The terrace NCL have made "home" I sit right above, the seco's Police were eye balling them non stop during the last game. Don't see them lasting long without someone stepping in.

We as in NCL have been given our BAY back..

We will be back in BAY 1 for the next home game.

[QUOTE=Serd1;173494]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

We as in NCL have been given our BAY back..

We will be back in BAY 1 for the next home game.
    Oh really Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

[QUOTE=Serd1;173480]
    So can I ask if there is goodwill amongst supporters at this time. If not, can people rise above it?[/QUOTE

Together We Can Soar.

N N NCL
    That's not really a response to my question.

Lets say that not everyone gets to Bay 1 and support as 1 on Saturday. Lets say some people stay in the Active Support area or the "cage" as some people call it. Is there goodwill amongst supporters?

BTW I hate that marketing slogan "Together We Can Soar". IMO any club that relies on propaganda to speak to their supporters doesn't have a genuine relationship with them. It's treating them like arm's length consumers, which is probably why the Jets have a "Consumer Operations Manager". Eergh!

At least I hear that they no longer refer to it as the "Members' Sub-committee". So there is some progress.
    Last edited by Dezy; 07-02-2017 at 10:20 AM.

We will be I Bay 1 supporting our team.

We hope everyone takes up this opportunity to make Bay's 1 and 2 great again.

Weather your a seasoned squadron supporter or just want to enjoy a great day at the football please come down and get amongst it.

Quote Originally Posted by Serd1 View Post

Weather your a seasoned squadron supporter or just want to enjoy a great day at the football please come down and get amongst it.
    Ok I think that partially answers my question. I'll be joining the Squadron in the cage. But I wish you all the best.
    Last edited by Dezy; 07-02-2017 at 11:02 AM.

The funny thing is, when the A-League first started, I went to the stadium and counted all of the seats behind the goal. I think there were about 400 of them, and came back on here and said, "Right guys, the goal is to get the squadron to 400 to fill all those seats" and people went "What? No, we're not going down there, we're going to stand on the grass hill.". So that is where I set up the Squadron. It was totally up to the group. Then Sydney shit on our support in the second game and a few of us suspected it was due to the sound echoing off the concrete behind them, so we asked the club and they were happy for us to move, because they wanted us to be on tv more. We chose Bay2 because it had more probability of having the same accoustic properties that the Away bay had. It was great fun, especially being able to hang the Argentinian streamers off the corporate boxes, with Argy's FUERZA JETS banner loud and proud. In season 2 some Jets employee (who shall remain nameless) even helped Argy drape a banner over the Mariner fans showing Jets sinking a boat. Yes, heaps of fun. I agree that fun is the key element. Getting out of the sun in Bay 2 was a good idea but the corner just didn't work. I couldn't hear from Bay 55. So now the Squadron is back to those very seats that I was going to use in the first place. I went down there against the Mariners and it was great. I've been able to hear the Squadron from behind the goals in Bay 55, even though there weren't many of them. So the original problem on the grass hill must not apply to the seated area.

I personally don't begrudge anyone returning to Bay 1. But active support has been wandering the stadium like the Jews in the wilderness. I think "active support" with organised tifo can work from behind the goals. It's worth a try. That is the traditional home for the loudest fans and I loved giving shit to Izzo. I also think that two groups working together in goodwill could be great for the club. I can see two distinct roles that each fulfill, and it always was the case. Even in Bay 1/Bay2. Each attracted different people.

So in the name of propaganda. Come join the "RAGE IN THE CAGE!". For those who are inclined to tifo, create your own standards and bring them. That's what the cage is for. Parents, feel free to send your teenage kids there to have fun. The Squadron has always been accused of being a bunch of teenagers, but they'll be safe in the cage and maybe a year down the track they will migrate over to ncl, or come back, or whatever. i don't care.
    Last edited by Dezy; 07-02-2017 at 11:45 AM.

Good to see someone else thinks that 2 sets of active can survive. behind the goals is the promised land

I personally don't begrudge anyone returning to Bay 1. But active support has been wandering the stadium like the Jews in the wilderness. I think "active support" with organised tifo can work from behind the goals. It's worth a try. That is the traditional home for the loudest fans and I loved giving shit to Izzo. I also think that two groups working together in goodwill could be great for the club. I can see two distinct roles that each fulfill, and it always was the case. Even in Bay 1/Bay2. Each attracted different people.

So in the name of propaganda. Come join the "RAGE IN THE CAGE!". For those who are inclined to tifo, create your own standards and bring them. That's what the cage is for. Parents, feel free to send your teenage kids there to have fun. The Squadron has always been accused of being a bunch of teenagers, but they'll be safe in the cage and maybe a year down the track they will migrate over to ncl, or come back, or whatever. i don't care.
    this
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

TBH I miss those early Hill days.
    OK

Really, we need those grass hills to be redeveloped into something 21st century. You will then get a proper bay behind the goal.

As I said earlier trying to start a group up again in Bay 1 will not succeed - Wanderers to come here yet and remember why the Squadron were moved to the corner in the first place. Security will be all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Really, we need those grass hills to be redeveloped into something 21st century. You will then get a proper bay behind the goal.
    Yep, once Stage 4 (?) of the stadium development happens and the ends get the full seating treatment then behind the goals with be undoubtedly the place to be.... that's if it ever happens!

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    TBH I miss those early Hill days.
    What specifically about them do you miss?