Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Those chairs were asking for it TBH.

Side note : I thought the earlier kickoff of 5 instead of 7 or 7:30 did wonders for our behaviour as a whole. I can put up with the sun if we have incident-free derbies like that
    Those chairs had tripped him up a few times, you're right.

I don't think the 5pm kickoff was an accident in that regard.

Would do wonders for hot afternoon games in da squadron
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Honestly more chanting about our boys and getting them home.

Second half with people down the front starting shit chants and not listening to the capo - disgrace.

Hutcho's a wanker chant has been around since you weren't born SD, it will never die. TBH its sad that you don't even know the story behind it.

Parksea out
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post
    I've always found finnegans as Newcastle's most sluttiest licensed venue in town.
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    who cares

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    your bias to

SD out

Tried to start a RBB ole

disgrace

First half was great, where the f*ck did everyone disappear to at halftime?
    Didn't pick back up until the return of Bodi & Big V
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

what are peoples thoughts on the removal of the megaphone and capo box for tomorrow nights game?

serious discussion!

would it make more inclined to join in/come back?

the drum would still be there but only beating to the chant most dominant.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

I like the mega.

It brings order to things and gets the chants way more pumping than if they happen organically for the most part.

I find a good chant will go hard for a while and it's mostly when the dude on the mega puts in less effort that it tends to die down.

I find the issue with our active support is no matter how awesome a chant is going, we let it die down for no apparent reason. I went to the WSW home semi vs Seoul and when they get a chant pumping, they just go hell for leather for over 10 minutes on it, and just refuse to let it die.

I find most of the organic chants that are made without the mega, that aren't apart of the usual reporture (I have zero idea how to spell that) usually attempt to be slightly witty but fall on its arse and just leave the bay in this awkward silence for a few minutes until the mega starts up another chant. You know, like someone wants to start a "we've got 1 and they've got none" kinda chant. I don't enjoy them as much as say a City of the Hunter chant started by the mega, and kept going by the mega.

But the issues I see with my argument are:
    - I'm not a home bay active regular
    - I prefer Euro-style chants massively over the English-style, which I know a lot of Newy people prefer the opposite (and for the life of me I can't work out why, particularly when said people keep saying "be more like the rbb" who pretty much only do Euro-style chants).
    OK

Pv4 far more elegantly put my thoughts than I could
    Go jetties

Also.. rather than people saying "Be more like the RBB" let's all start saying "Be more like stretch and au revior" because honestly, every time I'm in the bay, those two are giving it larger than anyone else without a mega.
    OK

Honestly I think this discussion needs to be had on a wider scale than this forum as most people in here are either 'active actives' or are scattered around the ground and dont come into60 for a whole host of reasons beyond the megaphone, as is their choice.
    I'd imagine the responses we'll get here will be much like PV4's eg I like the mega, or I'm not in bay60 anyway.

I dont think the people who we might be able to come and join us in the bays are on these forums much anymore.

Personally I like the mega and agree with everything PV4 has said, but if its keeping a large number of people away, I'd rather have bodies in the bay.

I don't think the "low hanging fruit" like the mega.

I'm not in Bay 60, but I agree with PV4 about hammering out a chant and keeping it going for 10mins. If you want any chance of anyone outside Bay 60 joining in, the chants have to be given the time for others to join.

Let them die quick and before anyone outside the active area knows what it is and its gone.

As an outsiders, I would have imagined that the megaphone is what gives the active area some form of structure. Guess it comes down to the question, do you want to sing as one, or do you want to be a disjointed crowd of smaller groups trying to do their own thing.

I think the former, more than the latter is what will entice people to come and join the bay.

I'm not in bay 60 either but I think what Squadron needs, is to actually find a song, a tune whatever you want to call it, that they can keep going for 10 /15 minutes. I personally think there isn't one at the moment. Hate to compare with RBB but i think they found one with that A Call to Arms tune they can keep going for 20 minutes.....not really loud bus constant....... Maybe a South American tune like the one member talk about in his diary....change words, keep it simple, make it about Griff (Or 2008), wave one arm and keep it going.....In between sing Lets all jump for Newcastle then Stand up if you love the jets, try to get other Bays involved, throw in Who r we? Newcastle......back all songs with drum, wave the flags and you would not need Mega as much. Easy to say hard to put in practice but that's my opinion.
    Last edited by lquiquer; 13-11-2014 at 10:30 PM.
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Agree with everything you just said lquiquer it's not only the rbb btw, I've noticed the cove have also lifted their game. I think a song/chant we can really get going for a long period is the 'were Newcastle, were wonderful, were gonna sing clap, chant until we score' (need this one with a arms out, slow clap & fast clap rhythm).

I've lately been checking out alot of the videos from the helala boys which are a group from morroco very catchy chants like the one in this video.
    https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gs2KkCjaKUM

However I think the main goal 2moz night is to get our bay alot fuller, I'm not convinced bay 60 is the longtime answer especially when it was only properly decided a week off from our first home game.
    Last edited by Superdylan; 13-11-2014 at 10:52 PM.
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

I'm not convinced bay 60 is the longtime answer especially when it was only properly decided a week off from our first home game.
    A week? What was last year? There was lengthy discussion IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    A week? What was last year? There was lengthy discussion IIRC.
    I meant for this season. With the protest planned it was going to be a chance to engage the southern end however a week off things were sorted and we were back to bay 60 (not sure how we would have gone but none the less).

Agree with everything you just said lquiquer it's not only the rbb btw, I've noticed the cove have also lifted their game. I think a song/chant we can really get going for a long period is the 'were Newcastle, were wonderful, were gonna sing clap, chant until we score' (need this one with a arms out, slow clap & fast clap rhythm).

I've lately been checking out alot of the videos from the helala boys which are a group from morroco very catchy chants like the one in this video.

However I think the main goal 2moz night is to get our bay alot fuller, I'm not convinced bay 60 is the longtime answer especially when it was only properly decided a week off from our first home game.
    https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gs2KkCjaKUM.......... It's a Taylor Swift video!!!!
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

I meant for this season. With the protest planned it was going to be a chance to engage the southern end however a week off things were sorted and we were back to bay 60 (not sure how we would have gone but none the less).
    ah, gotya now!
    timing wasn't great

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=gs2KkCjaKUM.......... It's a Taylor Swift video!!!!
    hahah the modern day version of being Rick Rolled

To the tune in that clip.

Oooohh we are New-ca-stle,
    We are the famous Red, Gold and Blue.
    Oooohh we are New-ca-stle
    We are the famous Red, Gold and Blue

Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh
    Ally-Oohh Ally-Oohh

repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!