Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Active Support Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Anyone brings a vuvuzela, I'll stick it up your bottom.
    **** the vuvuzela, you need a few Marshall Stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    **** the vuvuzela, you need a few Marshall Stacks.
    Bahaha yes!! Couple of fenders, and that drumkit guy, we'll be sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Thumbs up Sam? That is harassment, my friend!
    Harassment on my ears :P

I'm actually in the process of making a Traditional football rattle. How would I go about being aloud to bring it in when I'm finished?
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    I'm actually in the process of making a Traditional football rattle. How would I go about being aloud to bring it in when I'm finished?
    you mean those things you spin around? Or the flappy hands.

The things you spin.
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Your more a flappy hands type man.

Think I could get a gig with the band as the clappy hands front man?
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Whistles are annoying, and discouraged due to interfering with the whistle on the pitch. However we used to have several drums and other instruments in The Squadron, but these people have moved on.
    Currently, the drum is to keep people in time with the chants, although you may not have been paying attention last night when we scored I was playing a calypso beat in the post goal celebration before we started the Nurnberg jump.

Its all well and good to suggest a change of direction, but when no one is going to actually put their hands up to play these extra instruments (i have been looking for someone to take over drumming since season 5) its easy to say not so easy to action.

I put the call out again if people have instruments they want to bring in, send me a PM, if anyone has a drum or wants to drum, send me a PM. Its entirely dependent on people wanting to become more involved. Although having said that, the move to bay 60 may precipitate such people coming forward now.
    The guy with the rape whistle was persuaded to stop. how times change.
    Last edited by hawk; 02-02-2014 at 11:07 PM.

I have an idea and would like to see what people think.

It would be great to start a tradition where the first home game of the year had a special theme as well as the last game of the year. We could create a tradition around these two games so that people came to know, respect and participate in these traditions.

For both of these games there could be "no holds barred" tifo, so a blind eye is turned to confetti and docket rockets, which can be discouraged during the rest of the season for all I care. Just let the kids know that they can participate in it.

The first game could have an "Opening Day" feel about it and be all about fun and celebrating the Newcastle Community - with the aim of welcoming everyone to another season. I would love it if the club could get involved in this by opening a section of the car park to a kind of community fete with stalls, temporary food and drink outlets with face painting and folksy type bands helping to create atmosphere outside the stadium precinct. I just feel the freshness and excitement of a new season should be reflected in the way we celebrate the start of the season.

The last game can incorporate the "Old Boys" tradition that the club has started and can pay respect to retiring and departing players as well as Newcastle heroes from times past. With tifo to reflect this theme. And just create an atmosphere of fun which says "that's all folks!" for another year.
    Last edited by hausmann; 03-02-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    I have an idea and would like to see what people think.

It would be great to start a tradition where the first home game of the year had a special theme as well as the last game of the year. We could create a tradition around these two games so that people came to know, respect and participate in these traditions.

For both of these games there could be "no holds barred" tifo, so a blind eye is turned to confetti and docket rockets, which can be discouraged during the rest of the season for all I care. Just let the kids know that they can participate in it.

The first game could have an "Opening Day" feel about it and be all about fun and celebrating the Newcastle Community - with the aim of welcoming everyone to another season. I would love it if the club could get involved in this by opening a section of the car park to a kind of community fete with stalls, temporary food and drink outlets with face painting and folksy type bands helping to create atmosphere outside the stadium precinct. I just feel the freshness and excitement of a new season should be reflected in the way we celebrate the start of the season.

The last game can incorporate the "Old Boys" tradition that the club has started and can pay respect to retiring and departing players as well as Newcastle heroes from times past. With tifo to reflect this theme. And just create an atmosphere of fun which says "that's all folks!" for another year.
    I like this idea

We had confetti Saturday night and streamers at the gosford game the week before.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Griffmas was very well done guys. Congratulations

This could a bit of a crass suggestion and one certainly not even will agree with but, here goes..

Start cranking the 'NEW-CAS-TLE' chant again. Why? Well everyone knows it, a lot of people participate in it and when its loud, you have to admit it is pretty loud. It could be the difference between 0 points and 3 or 1 point and 3. Hell the crowd was pretty on edge when we equalised on the weekend, the players definitely would've lifted hearing it.

At a time when the support isn't the strongest, far from united and with a move over to the Western side, it could be something to get more people involved in active support (especially with tha west-saaaeeedd being the more active, sorry easties). As bland as the chant is, there are numerous teams across the world who have the exact same style chant:

MFKS & My mates skip to 2:40

Sampdoria - doria, doria, doria etc.

It could be used to rouse up the crowd when there is a break in chants, atmosphere bit subdued or when the players are struggling like it has been used previously. Once it has died out after 30 seconds or so, get into another chant and try keep that same intensity and noise level for that chant. I suppose its more about letting the people in the stands know that the squadron wants their support too.

Isn't the call & response chant basically getting the crowd to respond with that anyway?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

we have 2 of these "come on newcastle & the jets x 8 claps" for these exact moments, they are connected with the jets & the squadron/active support

the Newcastle chant is a knights one and not a city one imo, when was sung in 2008, etc i didn't connect myself with it like i would at a knights game.

on the other hand if the majority want it sung than by all means lets do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Isn't the call & response chant basically getting the crowd to respond with that anyway?
    Yeah probably. Whether it has the same effect, i dunno.

The New-cas-tle chant is a classic; no doubt it is a Knights one to begin with but why not make it a Jets one (i.e. a whole town one) too? Much better to bring together the two teams than drive a wedge between them, as I would say the majority of jets fans support both. Naturally there's an over-representation of anti-league posters on this forum but this is not the same for the Jets membership as a whole. Besides, it sounds ****en sick when the whole stadium is chanting.

I'm not going to stop trying until I see you smile Mitchy's Avatar
    Call and response is failing hard tbh
    Novocastria Youth

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchy View Post
    Call and response is failing hard tbh
    I actually think on the weekend it was at its best

But before hand I would have agreed with you

It is obvious though the southern hill (the majority) has no intention of joining in
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!